Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- voip-ninja - 2012-03-02

DDDamian Wrote:Don't be nervous - the bug-fix has been applied and it's simple to revert back to B3 just by downloading from my earlier post re-linked here. The only other known bug introduced in RC1 affects only ATV users.

Unfortunately no joy, I can't test HD audio for you as it crashes as soon as I run it;

Code:
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Additional mode: 1920x1080 @ 30.00i - Full Screen
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Additional mode: 1920x1080 @ 29.97i - Full Screen
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: load settings...
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Checking resolution 12
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
15:12:25 T:2016  NOTICE: Loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
15:12:29 T:2016   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\cpluff.dll with error 126:The specified module could not be found.
15:12:29 T:2016   ERROR: ADDONS: Fatal Error, could not load libcpluff
15:12:29 T:2016   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to start CAddonMgr

reloaded the version linked in post 780 and works fine again.

Also worth noting is that I have not had True-HD bitstream dropouts since I disabled the "sync to display" option and only use the "match refresh rate to source" option.

With it set this way I did not have audio dropouts with either the i3 iGPU or the Radeon 6450, the only difference is that the i3 had video frame drops every 7-8 minutes where the Radeon does not.

- DDDamian - 2012-03-02

Thanks for trying Voip-ninja - not sure if something went wrong on the upload to mediafire, won't be the first time. I've found an issue in FFMpeg with the TrueHD frames and it affects their timing to a small degree.

I agree that TrueHD seems to work just fine if you disable Sync Playback to Video, so it may or may not be worth it (for me it's just fine) but a few folks have complained and it's nice to get it right. I'll try re-up it in a bit Smile

Thanks for giving it a go.

PS: Nice to know the Radeon's clocking better for you. For me it's been the best out of my various rigs.

yes, it seems to sync just a little bit better. Honestly though the Intel is not bad and gets a really bad rap for very little reason.

- WiSo - 2012-03-02

DDDamian Wrote:Thanks for trying Voip-ninja - not sure if something went wrong on the upload to mediafire, won't be the first time.

I doubt that. The error indicates that XBMC was build with the debug version of the directx dlls which aren't installed on non dev gear. Check the target in VS or how you called the buildsetup.bat that it compiles a release version.

- DDDamian - 2012-03-02

WiSo Wrote:I doubt that. The error indicates that XBMC was build with the debug version of the directx dlls which aren't installed on non dev gear. Check the target in VS or how you called the buildsetup.bat that it compiles a release version.

Thx WiSo - was the target - I was still using the debug version on build (doh!). Another round of buildsetup and deploy Laugh

- fat-tony - 2012-03-02

Great work on the bitstreaming of HD audio formats in xbmc. Just downloaded the patched binary and tested on my Fusion mobo (MSI E350IA-E45) on Win 7 using HDMI. All test files worked perfectly and lit up the relevant lights on my Onkyo SR875 - absolutely necessary when you invest all that money to "future proof" your home cinema Wink

One anomaly though - when I use the WASAPI setting and play multichannel FLAC (PCM), each of the left and right rear channels (I have a 5.1 speaker config) maps to both left and right front speakers Huh When using DirectSound, the channels are mapped ok. It's not xbmc causing an issue as I checked with Foobar on 16 bit or 24 bit and I get the same result on multichannel PCM. I only mention this as an aside in case anyone else is having similar issues. I'm using the 12-1 version of the AMD/ATI Catalyst drivers. Using the Realtek 2.67 HDMI drivers makes no difference.

- DDDamian - 2012-03-02

fat-tony Wrote:One anomaly though - when I use the WASAPI setting and play multichannel FLAC (PCM), each of the left and right rear channels (I have a 5.1 speaker config) maps to both left and right front speakers Huh

Odd, I don't have that issue using WASAPI & Catalyst 12.1 or Realtek drivers. All 5.1 channels map correctly and I matrix the sides to the backs of my 7.1 using PLIIx, and it clearly maps the sides to the backs, not the front to the backs.

Just to be clear, if you play 5.1 content your BL & BR channels simply mirror your FL & FR channels?

Is there any chance your receiver is set to 5.1 stereo (map stereo to all channels)?

What happens when you "test" the individual speakers from the windows sound configuration panel?

And what does your receiver show when you play 5.1 content?

- Jaypeg - 2012-03-03

Hi, first of all, thanks for the this great patch and work you guys have been doing! I have truehd and dts-ma working with ati 5670 and onkyo 609 receiver, on windows 7.

I'm looking to merge spotyxbmc with your build DDDamian, any chance you could link a git/upload source, maybe with RC2 code Big Grin? Or just point to where I can find the patches you use Big Grin

Kind regards,
Jaypeg

- fat-tony - 2012-03-03

You de man DDDamian Laugh

I went and reviewed my settings in the Onkyo menu. My settings for analogue, S/PDIF and HDMI were pretty much the same - Direct. The settings for all the HD formats were set to match the source data, DTS HD Master, Dolby TrueHD and DSD etc.

But (due to some omission on my part), there on page two of the source settings, was the culprit. The setting for Multichannel PCM was "Last Valid" Blush Once I set it to "Direct", all was well with WASAPI - all the channels mapped correctly to the relevant speakers. What I can't quite figure out is why the DirectSound mixer on Windows was giving me full 5.1 effect on my system (with a display of MCH 5.1 on the amplifier), but the same source file on WASAPI was causing the amp to trigger some form of blending of the two back channels onto the two front speakers, no doubt caused by the "Last Valid" setting on the amp. All is working as it should now, phew! It was all so much easier in the old analogue days!

- DDDamian - 2012-03-03

fat-tony Wrote:You de man DDDamian Laugh

All is working as it should now, phew! It was all so much easier in the old analogue days!

But someone always spilled beer on your record Laugh

Glad it's all good mate,

- DDDamian - 2012-03-03

Jaypeg Wrote:Hi, first of all, thanks for the this great patch and work you guys have been doing! I have truehd and dts-ma working with ati 5670 and onkyo 609 receiver, on windows 7.

I'm looking to merge spotyxbmc with your build DDDamian, any chance you could link a git/upload source, maybe with RC2 code Big Grin? Or just point to where I can find the patches you use Big Grin

Kind regards,
Jaypeg

I just did a build with the latest, I'll push it to GitHub and link here in a few.

Here's a straightforward branch with RC2 + HD Audio. If you go to the downloads area there's a ready-built AE installable there too.

DanielaE Thank You!!!!!! - pmv800 - 2012-03-03

I wish I would have came across your fix sooner. When need to get this to the top of Google searches so can save people a lot of time and headaches, Great Work!

.m2ts files
Win 7 64-bit
XFX Radeon 6950 HD 2GB
ASRock 970 Extreme 4
Yahama HTR-6240
Just to name a few.

- doedalein - 2012-03-03

Hey guys!

very nice thats the on i searched Big Grin

i have only one problem i come from the xbmc eden PVR edition...
so i need the team mediaportal streaming plugin in the xbmc menue..

can you help me to make a combined version from PVR and HD AudioHuh

Thanks a lot!