Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- a11599 - 2012-03-08

DDDamian Wrote:I have not removed them. I don't recall a commit in master that did. Istvan? Do you remember them being removed?

It was never in master. Smile I think you just (maybe accidentally) pulled it from my github when merging the globaldelay commit: https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/7d37b72e176fa8761f59850b40389abe366e0e3e

- bluray - 2012-03-08

a11599 Wrote:It was never in master. Smile I think you just (maybe accidentally) pulled it from my github when merging the globaldelay commit: https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/7d37b72e176fa8761f59850b40389abe366e0e3e
I'm a little puzzled and confused by all of the developers on HD audio development. Why is it so many things going on? Why can you guys get together on net meeting to sort these things out? I mean there are patches, AE, DSPlayer, etc.Huh HD audio is not new either. I have been using it with Dharma since last July, and I still haven't seen any concrete plan on it. If it is not sort out, it might not be in the next XBMC 11.1 or whatever new version! Smile

- T800 - 2012-03-08

bluray Wrote:I'm a little puzzled and confused by all of the developers on HD audio development. Why is it so many things going on? Why can you guys get together on net meeting to sort these things out? I mean there are patches, AE, DSPlayer, etc.Huh HD audio is not new either. I have been using it with Dharma since last July, and I still haven't seen any concrete plan on it. If it is not sort out, it might not be in the next XBMC 11.1 or whatever new version! Smile

They have the plan of the new AudioEngine which will be added when it's ready. Yes it works to a degree but it's not ready for general public use.

This patch is currently Windows only. I'm sure if it was on all platforms they might push it in but it isn't.

DSPlayer is a user created way of adding additional filters etc. Nothing to do with the official XBMC plan. Also Windows only.

How have you been using it on Dharma? I thought you have been using a downloaded version of an early AudioEngine build which used an early version of Eden.

I don't see what the problem is.
If you have a Windows machine download this build and enjoy!

- fezster - 2012-03-08

Not sure if this is specific to this HD audio build, or a problem with Eden RC2 in general, but external subtitles no longer seem to work for me. I used to be able to download using the subtitles addon.

I can still download, and still enable, but no subtitles are displayed. Anyone else have this issue ?

- bluray - 2012-03-08

T800 Wrote:Nothing to do with the official XBMC plan. Also Windows only.
Exactly, non of it is in official XBMC plan.

T800 Wrote:How have you been using it on Dharma? I thought you have been using a downloaded version of an early AudioEngine build which used an early version of Eden.
There is a lot of us using the July version of Pre-Eden with HD audio option. It's captured in this thread- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd. I replaced it with DD's compiled of the Beta 3 several weeks ago. I still use HD audio of Dharma version in one of my HTPC.

T800 Wrote:I don't see what the problem is.
If you have a Windows machine download this build and enjoy!
There is no problem, but it is not an official release in this link- Downloads. Since it is not official release, most users don't know about it.

- liquidskin76 - 2012-03-08

@blu-ray...

AudioEngine is the future for XBMC, and will be in the nightlies shortly after Eden's release. HD audio will be part of that, so it is in team XBMC plans. Not sure what you're going on about! Huh

I think in the eyes of team XBMC, anything else (even if it is platform specific) is a temp solution, therefore won't make it into master/nightlies. Basically, it's support for all platforms or no platforms.

DSPlayer is slightly different as it brings more than just hd audio. There's a pull request for that in progress (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/591), however i have no idea if team XBMC will chance stance on it.

Cheers

- a11599 - 2012-03-08

@bluray:

There is no such thing as an official XBMC plan (the roadmap on trac is just a very rough estimate). XBMC is developed by people in their free time, free of charge. Developers work on features they are interested in when they feel like it. Features are ready when they are done. New features are added to the official builds when the team agrees to add it officially.

Anyone can build and distribute unofficial builds. Users keen on HD audio like you can find HD audio capable builds with a simple google on "xbmc hd audio".

Please go back on topic.

- voip-ninja - 2012-03-08

@bluray

There is no need to discuss why HD audio is not part of the official Eden release, as this has been rehashed many many times and a quick/simple search will provide all of the answers.

There is also no need to call for developers to "get together on net meeting (and who the hell uses net meeting, yuck) and just sort this out". That kind of comment is totally uncalled for, especially when clearly there is so much HD audio related work occurring right now.

- bluray - 2012-03-08

voip-ninja Wrote:(and who the hell uses net meeting, yuck)
This is WWW age, and most major companies are using net meeting these days to save money. I deals with co-workers oversea 2-3 times a week via net meeting. It's very normal these days! Wink

Thank you for all the answers from developers. I have high hope for HD audio in the next XBMC 11.1....Smile

- DDDamian - 2012-03-08

a11599 Wrote:It was never in master. Smile I think you just (maybe accidentally) pulled it from my github when merging the globaldelay commit: https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/7d37b72e176fa8761f59850b40389abe366e0e3e

You are correct Istvan! IIRC I used your branch as the base of this build as users asked for the Global AV Patch and I saw you had some other nice little tweaks such as a DTS timing fix etc. Once the Global AV Delay patch was merged to master I made sure the 0 initialization was in then used master as the basis for the next build.

@bluray - Others have answered this quite well, but AE has been part of the plan since well before you started distributing the semi-stable July 2011 build using AE code. When it was not ready for Eden as feature-freeze was announced the developer took a break for personal reasons and now that Eden is nearing final work has resumed on it. It is planned for merge pre-Frodo/post-Eden. There are two devs working on it and more will start as the merge nears, as no dev can cover all platforms.

There is a permanent running team meeting on all aspects of XBMC on IRC, and internal forums for discussion, as well as the publicly-visible comments on pull-requests for code submissions. It is not like a bunch of computer-geek developers have not stumbled yet upon the idea of a virtual meeting Laugh

- bluray - 2012-03-08

DDDamian Wrote:It is not like a bunch of computer-geek developers have not stumbled yet upon the idea of a virtual meeting Laugh
I got it sir, and thank you for clarified it. I wouldn't call net meeting/virtual meeting "Yuck", as Ninja put it. All major companies are using it to their advantage these days. As you aware of it, Apple produces nearly 100% of their products oversea "at China". Most of their engineers and upper managements are in U.S. It would have cost them a lot more money to fly their people to/from China for live meeting. Net Meeting (w/ video) is good as live meeting! Smile

- DDDamian - 2012-03-08

@bluray - Even suggesting Netmeeting to a group of (mostly) Linux developers will cause the sky to part and the seas to run red. Laugh

Rest assured communication within the team is not an issue, despite the devs being scattered across most timezones. 'Nuff said.

- bluray - 2012-03-09

DDDamian Wrote:@bluray - Even suggesting Netmeeting to a group of (mostly) Linux developers will cause the sky to part and the seas to run red. Laugh
But I'm not in Linux thread...this thread is 100% for Windows bitstreamers! Laugh

Sorry..enough said 2! :o

- voip-ninja - 2012-03-09

I work at a company that develops meeting room and conferencing software that blows Net Meeting out of the water, so please feel free to try to continue educating me about the marvels of net meeting and how big companies are using it.

... now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

- spin-dizzy - 2012-03-09

I've searched around for the answer to this, but can't find anything pertinent. Is there a binary of the PVR branch with this patch anywhere, or do I have to learn Git and build it myself?Big Grin