Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-20, 18:15)voip-ninja Wrote: It is also not impossible that the sync issue is specific to my model of AVR,
It's possible because I use the same patches on my HTPC, and I don't have this issue on my Onkyo...

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-20, 21:56)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 21:47)fezster Wrote: Same here, also only when paused for a longer period.

I have a Sony DA2400ES and it seems to happen on both HD and non-HD audio. Stopping and resuming from the same position gets around the problem.

This is indicative of the bug I mentioned earlier - should affect all content not just HD. The patch by CrystalP should address this once it gets pulled into mainline, which I expect will be within the next few weeks.

OK, thanks, I'm sure you are right. Just for grins I will probably test with DTS and DD material again just to see if I can reproduce the issue with a non HD track.

So, are you thinking that you are going to do a bon voyage build with Daniela's patch once Eden goes release final? I hear a lot of talk about the HD audio branch getting merged in, but I'm a bit nervous about having to go to nighties just to get HD audio moving forward.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - wints - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-20, 21:38)voip-ninja Wrote: Ah, sounds like I have a different problem then.
(2012-03-20, 20:30)wints Wrote: Just thought i would let you know that im having the same problem and it is when i pause for longer periods

Thanks for verifying! What model AVR do you have?

No problem, its a Yamaha RX-V765

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-20, 23:40)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 21:56)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 21:47)fezster Wrote: Same here, also only when paused for a longer period.

I have a Sony DA2400ES and it seems to happen on both HD and non-HD audio. Stopping and resuming from the same position gets around the problem.

This is indicative of the bug I mentioned earlier - should affect all content not just HD. The patch by CrystalP should address this once it gets pulled into mainline, which I expect will be within the next few weeks.

OK, thanks, I'm sure you are right. Just for grins I will probably test with DTS and DD material again just to see if I can reproduce the issue with a non HD track.

So, are you thinking that you are going to do a bon voyage build with Daniela's patch once Eden goes release final? I hear a lot of talk about the HD audio branch getting merged in, but I'm a bit nervous about having to go to nighties just to get HD audio moving forward.

Very likely Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-20

Mine's an RXV1800, so that's interesting.
(2012-03-20, 23:58)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 23:40)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 21:56)DDDamian Wrote: This is indicative of the bug I mentioned earlier - should affect all content not just HD. The patch by CrystalP should address this once it gets pulled into mainline, which I expect will be within the next few weeks.

Very likely Smile

Awesome, I'm sure if you didn't have women throwing their underwear at you for being such a rock star you would be less likely to do so! Rofl

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-20, 23:59)voip-ninja Wrote: Mine's an RXV1800, so that's interesting.
(2012-03-20, 23:58)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 23:40)voip-ninja Wrote: OK, thanks, I'm sure you are right. Just for grins I will probably test with DTS and DD material again just to see if I can reproduce the issue with a non HD track.

Very likely Smile

Awesome, I'm sure if you didn't have women throwing their underwear at you for being such a rock star you would be less likely to do so! Rofl

If that starts happening I'll be sure to let you know Rofl

RE: - Dj Freddy D - 2012-03-21

(2012-02-04, 05:54)bluray Wrote: I tried it on my lowest spec (E350M1) HTPC and Onkyo 7.1 surround sound system. If it work on my E350M1, it will definitely work on my more powerful HTP's too. I tried BD ISO movies "Thor (DTS-HD 7.1) and Kung Fu Panda 2 (TrueHD 7.1)". I watched roughly 10 minutes on each movie, and it bitstreamed flawless. Are these Gnif AE codes? If it is, I want to personally thank him for the latest AE and thank you for taking time to compile it and shared it with us. Great job!

I too tried it with Thor (DTS-HD 7.1) it was awesome!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-21

Thor is amazing - nice to see 7.1 stuff around! Usually my back speakers are just Dolby PLIIx or DTS-ES matrixed with movies....

RE: - bluray - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-21, 08:08)Dj Freddy D Wrote:
(2012-02-04, 05:54)bluray Wrote: I tried it on my lowest spec (E350M1) HTPC and Onkyo 7.1 surround sound system. If it work on my E350M1, it will definitely work on my more powerful HTP's too. I tried BD ISO movies "Thor (DTS-HD 7.1) and Kung Fu Panda 2 (TrueHD 7.1)". I watched roughly 10 minutes on each movie, and it bitstreamed flawless. Are these Gnif AE codes? If it is, I want to personally thank him for the latest AE and thank you for taking time to compile it and shared it with us. Great job!

I too tried it with Thor (DTS-HD 7.1) it was awesome!
Thor (DTS-HD 7.1) is excellent movie to test XBMC_HD_Audio. I watched Real Steel (DTS-HD 7.1) with my kids last week, and the sound is amazing too. It included a lot of good songs during the fight too.....

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Darquebus - 2012-03-21

Dear Sirs!

I would like to ask about DTS 5.1 audio support ( DVD Audio files with .WAV or .DTS extension ).
I experienced the basic XBMC can decode the file to Multi-channel PCM and sends to AVreceiver via HDMI and sounds good,
my Ryan PlayonHD can passthrough via HDMI to AVR, what reports it got "DTS" stream and sounds good.

But with this HD Audio extension it jams, no sound and jumps to next file after 3-4 seconds,
however ( as I think ) it is similar audio stream like in MKV-s or .M2TS files, right?

If I set in Sound setup the Receiver to "no DTS", it works again fine, just like in basic XBMC version.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?
Maybe a fix/patch can help, right?
Is that possible to send this "simple music" file direct to AVR on HDMI to process?

Thank you so much your kind help and information,
and sorry for my english. Smile
Darquebus

@Darquebus - I am able to play DTS wave files with this build without issue - they are decoded to PCM, and play fine even when I set that my reciever accepts DTS (although they end up decoded anyways).

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ArieS - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-20, 16:50)voip-ninja Wrote: Hi guys, just a couple of things.

1. My evil "pause/unpause" audio breakage is back... I'm pretty sure it's probably always been broken but I just happened to notice it last night while watching a movie with a DTS-MA soundtrack. Pause/unpause of the video resulted in horrible audio distortion, If I stop playback and then resume from the same point in the video everything is fine. Is there anything additional that would help such as a pastebin log for seeing what is going on when this happens? It's like XBMC never gets back in sync with the audio.
I still have this prob aswell. It happens even on a short pause. To fix it I can either stop and play movie or rewinding a bit works aswell.
The weird thing is it doesn't always happen.
And I don't think it's receiver related as we have diff AVRs, I have a Pioneer VSX-1120.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-22, 19:18)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 16:50)voip-ninja Wrote: Hi guys, just a couple of things.

1. My evil "pause/unpause" audio breakage is back... I'm pretty sure it's probably always been broken but I just happened to notice it last night while watching a movie with a DTS-MA soundtrack. Pause/unpause of the video resulted in horrible audio distortion, If I stop playback and then resume from the same point in the video everything is fine. Is there anything additional that would help such as a pastebin log for seeing what is going on when this happens? It's like XBMC never gets back in sync with the audio.
I still have this prob aswell. It happens even on a short pause. To fix it I can either stop and play movie or rewinding a bit works aswell.
The weird thing is it doesn't always happen.
And I don't think it's receiver related as we have diff AVRs, I have a Pioneer VSX-1120.

You are right, it does not always happen and also it sometimes happens on pauses as short as 5-10 seconds. Are we sure this is not some different bug/problem than the WASAPI bug or does it make sense to let the WASAPI bug get fixed first and see what happens with this problem after that?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-22

Hey guys - think I know the cause here. Eden final is rolling out shortly. I'll do a build once that's "officially" released and do a little patch I think will fix that.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-22

You go rockstar!