Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

AW: RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - mad-max - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-22, 19:30)DDDamian Wrote: Hey guys - think I know the cause here. Eden final is rolling out shortly. I'll do a build once that's "officially" released and do a little patch I think will fix that.

Although I do not have an HD audio capable receiver, yet ( hopefully coming the next weeks ), I come here to see what's going on.

And honestly, Damian, you're doing an awesome job for the community!
Thank you so much!

mad-max

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - PatrickBateman - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-22, 19:30)DDDamian Wrote: Hey guys - think I know the cause here. Eden final is rolling out shortly. I'll do a build once that's "officially" released and do a little patch I think will fix that.

Stop making awesome things Damian! It's getting rediculous now, I'm mean seriously...
Your causing problems, not only for me, but for all the other members too!

You've raised my expectations of how support should be delivered and at what rate, to such a high level that these multi-billion dollar companies that I pay cash to (for their products) just can't keep up with you. Your being unfair to the giant corporations of the world and your making them look bad, I hope your proud of yourself...

Wink

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-22

Might I say that everyone who is flabbergasted with the outstanding work on HD audio might consider making a donation. Just saying' Tongue

Remember that donations are what let the devs buy tools and hardware to make this stuff work... you know, work they do for us for free.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - htpc guy - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-22, 21:44)PatrickBateman Wrote:

Stop making awesome things Damian! It's getting rediculous now, I'm mean seriously...
Your causing problems, not only for me, but for all the other members too!

You've raised my expectations of how support should be delivered and at what rate, to such a high level that these multi-billion dollar companies that I pay cash to (for their products) just can't keep up with you. Your being unfair to the giant corporations of the world and your making them look bad, I hope your proud of yourself...

I literally LOL'd
Laugh

Wink

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-23

Hey - we all need a good laugh, and I laughed too Patrick Wink

Maybe I'll move to India and start a call-center support line - it pays way more!!

Just kidding and thanks y'all - love the community here. What a great bunch. +1 to the lot of you.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - gothamite302 - 2012-03-23

i just did a clean install of this patch and i am still not getting any audio when i play an DTSMA file in MKV or M2TS, am i missing a setting? I get full audio playback with MPC-HC and PowerDVD on the same files. Also i am sorry if this question doesnt belong here, if i need to move it or ask somewhere please let me know.

LOG:
http://pastebin.com/NgJPHASg

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - abudabi - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-22, 19:30)DDDamian Wrote: Eden final is rolling out shortly.

Oooh.. you started something here.. What's shortly mean ? A week.. a month? Angel

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Martijn - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-23, 10:18)abudabi Wrote:

Oooh.. you started something here.. What's shortly mean ? A week.. a month? Angel

My crystall ball says *censored* Cool

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Darquebus - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-21, 23:59)DDDamian Wrote: @Darquebus - I am able to play DTS wave files with this build without issue - they are decoded to PCM, and play fine even when I set that my reciever accepts DTS (although they end up decoded anyways).

Thank you Damian for feedback.
I tried with an Acer Revo70 PC ( AMD E-450 / 4GB RAM - freshest AMD drivers ) via HDMI to a Harman/Kardon AVR-460 receiver.
It is very interesting issue, because all audio formats from MKV/.M2TS/ISO go through via HDMI well to process in AVR,
except the DTS 5.1 audio files cause problem in .WAV or .DTS form.

As I already wrote if I set up the audio settings to "no DTS", the player decodes those files to Multichannel-PCM, and plays fine,
however it is not a "passthrough" solution.

I dont have any glue what is the problem with it. Do you? Or anyone?
Does anyone use similar AMD E-350/450 platform with the integrated HD6310/20 GPU?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Is that possbile to download the independent HD AUDIO extension/addon/pack for the base XBMC v11RC2? Smile TY!
And just for info... it is the best mp sw ever seen in PC! Smile I really love the skin, the design, handling! Amazing!

(2012-03-23, 10:41)Martijn Wrote: My crystall ball says *censored* Cool

Spoilsport Tongue

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-03-23

From my opening post:
(2012-02-03, 21:00)DanielaE Wrote: Bitstreaming is not enabled for the XBMC music player (yet), but for testing purposes all of the above audio formats may be played with XBMC's video player.
(2012-03-23, 11:25)Darquebus Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 23:59)DDDamian Wrote: @Darquebus - I am able to play DTS wave files with this build without issue - they are decoded to PCM, and play fine even when I set that my reciever accepts DTS (although they end up decoded anyways).
As I already wrote if I set up the audio settings to "no DTS", the player decodes those files to Multichannel-PCM, and plays fine, however it is not a "passthrough" solution.

As I said in the opening post, bitstreaming is implemented for the video player only. To get away with this restriction, I've added the capability of playing wave encapsulated DTS (or AC3 for that matter) to the video player. Raw DTS/AC3/whatever streams are fine, too. The next HD-audio drop (derived from Eden) has a fix for the pitch distortion seen with 44.1kHz DTS. And exact audio frame duration calculation for all supported packed audio formats (DTS, DTS-HD, AC3, E-AC3, TrueHD, MLP), too.

(2012-03-23, 11:50)abudabi Wrote:
(1970-06-06, 05:47)Martijn Wrote: My crystall ball says *censored* Cool

Spoilsport Tongue

If I look at http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap , then it looks to be 99% complete and due in 39 hours.... Does that mean the release is imminent ? Nod

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-23, 09:07)gothamite302 Wrote: i just did a clean install of this patch and i am still not getting any audio when i play an DTSMA file in MKV or M2TS, am i missing a setting? I get full audio playback with MPC-HC and PowerDVD on the same files. Also i am sorry if this question doesnt belong here, if i need to move it or ask somewhere please let me know.

LOG:
http://pastebin.com/NgJPHASg
Is your ATI GPU support DTS-MA? Can you get TrueHD? If you haven't update the latest AMD driver for your GPU, you can update it from here- AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver. You can recheck XBMC audio output configuration, and should look very similar to the screen shot below:

(2012-03-23, 13:54)DanielaE Wrote: As I said in the opening post, bitstreaming is implemented for the video player only. To get away with this restriction, I've added the capability of playing wave encapsulated DTS (or AC3 for that matter) to the video player. Raw DTS/AC3/whatever streams are fine, too. The next HD-audio drop (derived from Eden) has a fix for the pitch distortion seen with 44.1kHz DTS. And exact audio frame duration calculation for all supported packed audio formats (DTS, DTS-HD, AC3, E-AC3, TrueHD, MLP), too.
Good works, and it work fine on my system.....thanks!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Aemstel - 2012-03-23

First of all, thank you DanielaE, DDDamian and all who helped make this HD Audio possible! For me, this has made XBMC the ultimate media center experience Smile

I have a small question. Sometime ago these settings in advancedsettings.xml were suggested to fix MKV DTS stutter and the 24p sync problems:

Code:
<audio>
    <enablealtsync>true</enablealtsync>
</audio>
<video>
    <globalavdelay>
      <delay>0</delay>
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>-125</delay>
      </refresh>
    </globalavdelay>
</video>

Does the build from the second post still need these settings, or has this already been fixed in the build itself?

edit:
Tested some more and the settings seem to be needed still. It all seems a bit out of sync. Hard to get the right setting. Hope this gets fixed sometime.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-23, 09:07)gothamite302 Wrote: i just did a clean install of this patch and i am still not getting any audio when i play an DTSMA file in MKV or M2TS, am i missing a setting? I get full audio playback with MPC-HC and PowerDVD on the same files. Also i am sorry if this question doesnt belong here, if i need to move it or ask somewhere please let me know.

Your log doesn't show any real errors - what date is that RealTek driver? Is the volume at 100% in both XBMC and in the Windows audio panel? All enhancements off? XBMC thinks the sound is going through okay, so it's something between Windows, the driver and the receiver.

(2012-03-23, 10:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 10:18)abudabi Wrote:

My crystall ball says *censored* Cool

No dates folks! - spoils all the tremendous fun the devs get to have squashing bugs, seeing what to include, building for various platforms, pushing code, updating web pages and announcements, etc. Plus we just like to watch people squirm Wink

I'll stand by my earlier statement of "rolling out shortly" Smile

(2012-03-23, 11:25)Darquebus Wrote:

Thank you Damian for feedback.
I tried with an Acer Revo70 PC ( AMD E-450 / 4GB RAM - freshest AMD drivers ) via HDMI to a Harman/Kardon AVR-460 receiver.
It is very interesting issue, because all audio formats from MKV/.M2TS/ISO go through via HDMI well to process in AVR,
except the DTS 5.1 audio files cause problem in .WAV or .DTS form.

As I already wrote if I set up the audio settings to "no DTS", the player decodes those files to Multichannel-PCM, and plays fine,
however it is not a "passthrough" solution.

I dont have any glue what is the problem with it. Do you? Or anyone?
Does anyone use similar AMD E-350/450 platform with the integrated HD6310/20 GPU?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Is that possbile to download the independent HD AUDIO extension/addon/pack for the base XBMC v11RC2? Smile TY!
And just for info... it is the best mp sw ever seen in PC! Smile I really love the skin, the design, handling! Amazing!

Most dts wav files lack the proper header for wave info. PAPlayer, the music player part of XBMC will decode DTS to PCM, and you're not losing anything, but it won't pass DTS through without all the proper header info, whereas DTS in video is fairly consistently conformant to standards. Don't forget, DTS-wav isn't really a standard, just a trick people found could be crammmed into the Redbook CD standard.

The second post of this thread has a link for Eden RC2 + this HDAudio patch.