Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- bluray - 2012-02-06

DDDamian Wrote:As Daniela alluded to, there are some very basic issues like the calculations for audio block durations which are hard to find concrete data on, and it sounds like this is more an issue with TrueHD by the testing so far...
Oh, I wish that ArcSoft or Cyberlink buy XBMC and merge it to form an all-in-one player, it would be perfect! Smile

I bet all PC manufacturers will be delight to have this all-in-one player in the new PC!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-06

I like it just fine as an open-source multi-guru effort - Daniela's patch and the zillion other gifted bits of code show how it can be *more* effective than the pap commercially produced.

Hope you've got Teflon undies on Rofl

Seriously let's keep this thread focused tho.

- davilla - 2012-02-06

Remember, MKV is a container, not a codec. Same for AVI and others. Containers CAN effect audio/video playback depending on how they handle things like dts and pts.

- T800 - 2012-02-06

ArieS Wrote:Probably because, like Damian mentioned, you didn't use MKVMerge.
The problem with M2TS is you can't strip the extra audio, subs, etc...

tsMuxer will remove any unwanted audio/subs from a m2ts file. I remove all non-english audio and subs and mux to .ts. so the file is a tiny bit smaller than m2ts.

I noticed on "The Dark Knight" the Dolby TrueHD track was out of sync slightly. Getting XBMC to decode to PCM fixed it.

- meridius - 2012-02-06

DDDamian Wrote:@meridius @DanielaE - correct it's an independent entity. I've tried previous versions of both the ATI/AMD and Realtek drivers while working on the output sink for WASAPI in AE.

@meridius - the only real issue the latest driver (version 7.12.0.7705 12/6/2011) fixed in my testing was with 88.2 & 176.4khz audio - reported as supported in the driver panel, as well as by the GetSupported() WASAPI method but rejected on actual initialization as unsupported. Corrected in that version. These sample rates are pretty exclusive to SACD DSD/PCM conversion, so if you don't use SACD rips I saw no other benefit.

Cheers mate

Might just leave it be then as I don't use sacd rips and don't want to start messing around. I might download 12.1 driver and keep it just in case and also seems just as stable for htpc use.

I use WASAPI in my audio options instead of Realtek. Is this the better driver to use and is it ati drivers.

Cheers

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-06

ArieS Wrote:Probably because, like Damian mentioned, you didn't use MKVMerge.
The problem with M2TS is you can't strip the extra audio, subs, etc...
Sure you can - try Clownbd

http://www.clownbd.com/

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-06

I installed this and audio works great BUT there is a lot of buffering which I didn't have before with Eden Beta 2.

Is there a beta 2 build with this patched in?

- charlievoviii - 2012-02-06

nikc0069 Wrote:I installed this and audio works great BUT there is a lot of buffering which I didn't have before with Eden Beta 2.

Is there a beta 2 build with this patched in?

my play instantly on my old ass dual core cpu and gt430 video card. So it's your PC issues.

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-06

charlievoviii Wrote:my play instantly on my old ass dual core cpu and gt430 video card. So it's your PC issues.

Damn. Running this on a Zacate platform - which will happily bitstream hd audio. It might be my network though as I repplugged everything the other day.

- ArieS - 2012-02-06

T800 Wrote:tsMuxer will remove any unwanted audio/subs from a m2ts file. I remove all non-english audio and subs and mux to .ts. so the file is a tiny bit smaller than m2ts.

I noticed on "The Dark Knight" the Dolby TrueHD track was out of sync slightly. Getting XBMC to decode to PCM fixed it.

I'll try tsMuxer.
How did you get XBMC to decode it to PCM?

steelman1991 Wrote:Sure you can - try Clownbd

http://www.clownbd.com/

Thanks, if tsMuxer doesn't fit me I'll give that a try.

- T800 - 2012-02-06

ArieS Wrote:I'll try tsMuxer.
How did you get XBMC to decode it to PCM?

Uncheck 'Dolby TrueHD receiver' and XBMC will decode and output as PCM. It has done this for a while.

- solidsatras - 2012-02-06

Since this is working so great, maybe some are interested in a quick way to access movies with HD audio:

Screenshot

Just make a smart playlist for the following audio codecs:
dtshd_ma
truehd
dtshd_hra

Truehd is missing from the wiki for InfoLabels but I had a peek into my sql-database and it seems to be correct.

Big thanks to Daniela and gnif for their hard work.

- m0v1em4n - 2012-02-06

Thanks DanielaE, for creating this patch.

Presume this will just over install my existing xbmc install?

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-06

T800 Wrote:Uncheck 'Dolby TrueHD receiver' and XBMC will decode and output as PCM. It has done this for a while.

Wow,

Been busy in here Smile What a great little patch, just curious before I try it out, when xbmc decodes to PCM does it out put lossless. eg if I have a truehd/dtsma or a dts 96/24 (or above) will it leave the bitrate, sample rate, and audio etc comleptly intact or does it still down sample the 24bit audio to 16bit audio, as I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that it only out puts 16bit audio?

If not, I think I'll give this new version a little tinker this evening.

Thanks Daniela for the patch and looking forward to a full AE build release soon going by the amount of activity in both these threads Smile

- GreenEyez - 2012-02-06

I think the 16bit decoding is only a limitation for FLAC, but i might be wrong. DDDamian has dived into the current XBMC code and Audio Engine and knows more about it. To keep windows from messing around with the sample rate use WASAPI. Anyway most TrueHD audio tracks from movies are 16bit/48Hz . PS : I don`t think DTS-HD MA is decoded, i think only the DTS core gets decoded as PCM, as far as i know there is no open source decoder for DTS-HD MA, even LAV filters rely on the arcsoft TMT5 decoder if you want to decode DTS-HD MA