Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Dj Freddy D - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-28, 19:18)Mati24 Wrote: Hello !

No one have the same problem : I havé on sound on Divx with mp3 audio ?

Thank you

I have this problem also, I have a Season of Friends and The Simpsons where it is in DivX and audio is MP3.

No Sound on these filesSad

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - minimoe - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 07:07)Dj Freddy D Wrote:

Thank you

I have this problem also, I have a Season of Friends and The Simpsons where it is in DivX and audio is MP3.

Did you install DDDamian's AudioEngine build prior to installing Daniela's patched Eden?

I'm almost sure that AudioEngine inserts lines for MP3 Pass through in the guisettings.xml file and doesn't remove them when uninstalled.
Open guisettings.xml (in your userdata folder) and search for MP3 Pass through . Then change the flag to false. Do the same for MP1 and MP3 as well

Hope it helps Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - technick - 2012-03-29

Hi, for my fist post on this forum my question is : is it possible (is it "easy" ?) to apply this patch to the margo PVR buid ? I come from Mediaportal and make my own build without problems but the Xbmc source code is a little hard to understand for me (for instance). For information your patch work very fine with my GT430 on a yamah RX-V3800 but I need to made a choice between TV or good sound....Grrr.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - fat-tony - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 11:17)technick Wrote: Hi, for my fist post on this forum my question is : is it possible (is it "easy" ?) to apply this patch to the margo PVR buid ? I come from Mediaportal and make my own build without problems but the Xbmc source code is a little hard to understand for me (for instance). For information your patch work very fine with my GT430 on a yamah RX-V3800 but I need to made a choice between TV or good sound....Grrr.

I too, use margro's PVR build and have tried Danielae's/DDDamian's HD build separately and was mightily impressed with the sound improvements and I wish there was a combined version also (see post #1041)! I would be interested in hearing how it would be done. I have no Windows development environment available to me. If (when) the HD audio patch makes its way into the main nightly builds of Eden I presume margro will incorporate it into future PVR builds, though.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Mati24 - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 09:44)minimoe Wrote: Did you install DDDamian's AudioEngine build prior to installing Daniela's patched Eden?

I'm almost sure that AudioEngine inserts lines for MP3 Pass through in the guisettings.xml file and doesn't remove them when uninstalled.
Open guisettings.xml (in your userdata folder) and search for MP3 Pass through . Then change the flag to false. Do the same for MP1 and MP3 as well

Hope it helps Smile

It's work, thank à lot !

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DoctorDyna - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-28, 19:37)DoctorDyna Wrote: Ok, so now that I've had a chance to fiddle with trying to play some of these m2ts files from here :http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php

I've noticed that I only get around 3 fps with no sound. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I've reverted to the standard Eden version. The files play properly now, but the receiver lights up with "multi channel" and I've noticed some of the files, like the speaker check ones, have mixed up surround and surround back channels :|

So, am I alone in this issue? Neither the standard nor this version will play properly.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - patseguin - 2012-03-29

This is working great for me so far. Stupid question probably but is this for WIndows only? If I wanted to try XBMC Ubuntu I would be stuck with non-hd audio?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-29

Hi Pat - it's Windows only. Not sure why a Linux dev hasn't made some fairly simple mods to the ALSA sink code unless it's just due to the pending AE merge. I can't see it happening on the Ubuntu front anytime soon.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Dj Freddy D - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 09:44)minimoe Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 07:07)Dj Freddy D Wrote:

Thank you

Did you install DDDamian's AudioEngine build prior to installing Daniela's patched Eden?

Hope it helps Smile

I will do this as soon as I get home tonight! THANK YOU, I see that it worked for the other person who was having this issue as well!

Thanks Again!!!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 18:22)Dj Freddy D Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 09:44)minimoe Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 07:07)Dj Freddy D Wrote: I have this problem also, I have a Season of Friends and The Simpsons where it is in DivX and audio is MP3.

Hope it helps Smile

I will do this as soon as I get home tonight! THANK YOU, I see that it worked for the other person who was having this issue as well!

Thanks Again!!!

It would explain the issue. I checked and AE initializes that tag to false, but if it was enabled at any time using AE it will still be enabled after changing to another build, whether this one, master, PVR, etc as the XBMC installer does not overwrite this setting. I'm not sure if AE even needs this option as not many devices accept mp3 without decoding, and the decoder used is one of the best available, but passing through MP3 is disabled by default.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - minimoe - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 18:22)Dj Freddy D Wrote: I will do this as soon as I get home tonight! THANK YOU, I see that it worked for the other person who was having this issue as well!

Thanks Again!!!
It took me 3 days to figure it out. I remeber someone else with a similar problem but I was looking at the wrong place: the advancedsettings.xml
I really can't understand why there are hardware setup information in the guisettings file. Huh

(2012-03-29, 18:45)DDDamian Wrote: It would explain the issue. I checked and AE initializes that tag to false, but if it was enabled at any time using AE it will still be enabled after changing to another build, whether this one, master, PVR, etc as the XBMC installer does not overwrite this setting. I'm not sure if AE even needs this option as not many devices accept mp3 without decoding, and the decoder used is one of the best available, but passing through MP3 is disabled by default.
I'm pretty sure I didn't check the MPx Passthrough options in AE. Did a fresh install of your AE build and it is set to "false" though.
I was going to post about it in the AE testers thread but, there, now you know Smile

RE: - DDDamian - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-10, 22:50)DDDamian Wrote:
Jaypeg Wrote:Anyone having any trouble playing mp3 audio on avi-files using this patch, the error seems to be consistent throughout my avi files with mp3 audio?

Furthermore, I don't get any audio on avi-files with ogg audio, but that is a general issue for Eden? I've seen some posts on the forum regarding this, but you guys might know something I guessed Wink

Update: It seems I have the same problem on normal RC2 client. The problem disappears when I set audio output to analog

It looks like it's trying to open the mp3 as passthrough, which most receivers will not accept. Not sure why it would do that (mine doesn't) unless you have the tag enabled in guisettings.xml

Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <audiodevice>wasapi:AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)</audiodevice>
        <channellayout>9</channellayout>
        <dontnormalizelevels>false</dontnormalizelevels>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <mode>2</mode>
        <passthroughaac>true</passthroughaac>
        <passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
        <passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
        [b]<passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>[/b]
    </audiooutput>

Have a look and make sure it's false.

For OGG I can't say - don't have any to test with.

@DJ Freddy - I did help someone in the past with this (see above post from March 10th) - maybe that's where you saw it. It appears to be a legacy of Dharma's guisettings, really not of much use allround, but as I said it's disabled by default as you saw on a fresh install. My guess is quite a few adventurous folks like yourself have played with both builds. Since this build (HDAudio) used a few new GUI lines it may be that this setting got "poached" for one of the HD settings.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HeresJohnny - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-29, 05:44)DDDamian Wrote: So use DVD-A Explorer to rip/backup your precious DVD-A's and you can:
1) playback the MLP files and get lossless DVD-A

Unless you've ripped all your DVD-A's to a backup format like ISO as I did. foobar2000 can play those directly, but XBMC can't... yet Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-03-30

I've avoided using the Eden Final + HD Audio patch as there seemed to be some reports of audio stuttering with videos including True HD tracks when it was 1st released by DanielaE. I'm thinking of posts

#1002 - Phantom Zone
#1003 - yasan
#1023 - CpTHOOK

However none of whom seems to have been back to elaborate on the issues seen or provide debug logs, which leaves me wondering if it's something with their setups or user errorHuh
No one else seems to have reported problems since so what I was hoping to find out is there any consensus for how the latest build is performing? are people finding the performance exactly the same as RC2? I guess because no debugs logs have been provided, as far as Daniela & Damian are concerned there is no change from RC2, is this right?

Just trying to establish the level of confidence I can have that upgrading to the Eden Final + HD Audio patch is not going to break anything.

Btw, a massive thank you to Daniela on her work on this HD audio patch and Damian in providing the support and interim builds.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Phantom_Zone - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 12:09)jjd-uk Wrote: I've avoided using the Eden Final + HD Audio patch as there seemed to be some reports of audio stuttering with videos including True HD tracks when it was 1st released by DanielaE. I'm thinking of posts

#1002 - Phantom Zone
#1003 - yasan
#1023 - CpTHOOK

However none of whom seems to have been back to elaborate on the issues seen or provide debug logs, which leaves me wondering if it's something with their setups or user errorHuh
No one else seems to have reported problems since so what I was hoping to find out is there any consensus for how the latest build is performing? are people finding the performance exactly the same as RC2? I guess because no debugs logs have been provided, as far as Daniela & Damian are concerned there is no change from RC2, is this right?

Just trying to establish the level of confidence I can have that upgrading to the Eden Final + HD Audio patch is not going to break anything.

Btw, a massive thank you to Daniela on her work on this HD audio patch and Damian in providing the support and interim builds.

I've tried clean installs a few times now and just revert back to RC2 as I get the same issues every time...it could just be me and there don't appear to be many others complaining so dear knows....

Why not upgrade and revert back if needs be?