Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - MeToo - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 13:27)Phantom_Zone Wrote: I've tried clean installs a few times now and just revert back to RC2 as I get the same issues every time...it could just be me and there don't appear to be many others complaining so dear knows....

I have problems with TrueHD as well. Really choppy, completely unusable. (Graphics card: AMD 6450.)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-03-30

Hi,

Just a short question, does the link in the first post always point to the newest version of the patch?

Chris

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-03-30

Yes, it does!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Phantom_Zone - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 17:07)DanielaE Wrote: Yes, it does!

Daniela,

I've turned on debugging and see my frame rate is bouncing up and down so could that be the cause of the audio 'drag' and stuttering?

Do you want me to upload a log? (http://pastebin.com/JFxZfkTD ,I've only pasted from when the movie is selected as the whole file is nearly 1MB!)

It happens with and without your additional advancedsettings.xml

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 17:07)DanielaE Wrote: Yes, it does!

...thanks.

Will your changes also be implemented in upcoming versions of frodo? Or is it a windows only thing?

Would be nice to have your changes in the linux version.

Thanks again

chris

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - CpTHOOK - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 14:57)MeToo Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 13:27)Phantom_Zone Wrote: I've tried clean installs a few times now and just revert back to RC2 as I get the same issues every time...it could just be me and there don't appear to be many others complaining so dear knows....
I have problems with TrueHD as well. Really choppy, completely unusable. (Graphics card: AMD 6450.)

.....yes, DDTrueHD is broken within this build, but I think the developers of the patch are aware but are unable to fix or are working on a fix. I have also reverted to the RC2 HD Audio build until fixed. New build is still okay if you have lots of DTSMA files like I do!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 18:25)Phantom_Zone Wrote: I've turned on debugging and see my frame rate is bouncing up and down so could that be the cause of the audio 'drag' and stuttering?
Probably yes.
(2012-03-30, 18:25)Phantom_Zone Wrote: Do you want me to upload a log?
This thread is about the HD audio patch that I've added on top of vanilla "Eden". If you can observe the same behavior without the patch (i.e. running the official distribution) then it doesn't make sense to discuss such issues here. On the other hand, I am certainly interested in debug logs (short ones!) if there are problems with packed HD audio bitstreaming - even more so, if you can rectify the problem by disabling the bitstream support of the related audio format in the audio settings panel. In most cases a log is not sufficient by itself to get a clue about the nature of problem. A short (!) data sample may be required to reproduce and debug the issue.

If a debug log contains lines which indicate failures opening the WASAPI or DirectSound audio device, then there's a problem with the HDMI driver, HDMI hardware handshake, HDMI cable, Windows audio settings, EDID report - just to name a few. None of these are related to XBMC (with or without the HD audio patch). This thread contains quite a lot posts about getting rid of such problems.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-31

So what's the consensus with this patch, is everyone having problems with Dolby True?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 03:35)voip-ninja Wrote: So what's the consensus with this patch, is everyone having problems with Dolby True?

To be honest I haven't had time to try it yet, so not sure. There's a lot of good stuff that was waiting for Eden final to launch that's now being reviewed and merged, and the process to merge AE is starting, so lots going on Nerd

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-31

Ah, I see. Well, I'm not really interested in going back to nightly builds, I had been hoping for a stable final version that included the HD audio patch, and then sit back and wait on HD audio merge-in to become official with 11.1.

I understand there are some important fixes in version 11.0, such as the one you indicated that would hopefully fix the audio sync problem when a movie is paused and then resumed and the audio glitches.

I will wait to see if you have the opportunity to test and offer any guidance, I am reluctant to test at this point with so many reports of trouble.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 04:11)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 03:35)voip-ninja Wrote: So what's the consensus with this patch, is everyone having problems with Dolby True?

To be honest I haven't had time to try it yet, so not sure. There's a lot of good stuff that was waiting for Eden final to launch that's now being reviewed and merged, and the process to merge AE is starting, so lots going on Nerd

Do I understand it correctly that HD-Audio for Linux or openelec is only coming when AE is merged? So I have to wait for Frodo Nightlies?

Chris

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Raytestrak - 2012-03-31

Can't really say. I only have one TrueHD movie and some demos. 11.0 works fine for me.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - TRaSH - 2012-03-31

i've tested a few and they worked for me,
but i'll test a few more to see if i encounter some errors

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Phantom_Zone - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-30, 19:56)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 18:25)Phantom_Zone Wrote: I've turned on debugging and see my frame rate is bouncing up and down so could that be the cause of the audio 'drag' and stuttering?
Probably yes.
(2012-03-30, 18:25)Phantom_Zone Wrote: Do you want me to upload a log?
This thread is about the HD audio patch that I've added on top of vanilla "Eden". If you can observe the same behavior without the patch (i.e. running the official distribution) then it doesn't make sense to discuss such issues here. On the other hand, I am certainly interested in debug logs (short ones!) if there are problems with packed HD audio bitstreaming - even more so, if you can rectify the problem by disabling the bitstream support of the related audio format in the audio settings panel. In most cases a log is not sufficient by itself to get a clue about the nature of problem. A short (!) data sample may be required to reproduce and debug the issue.

If a debug log contains lines which indicate failures opening the WASAPI or DirectSound audio device, then there's a problem with the HDMI driver, HDMI hardware handshake, HDMI cable, Windows audio settings, EDID report - just to name a few. None of these are related to XBMC (with or without the HD audio patch). This thread contains quite a lot posts about getting rid of such problems.

Daniela,

RC2 with your patch works fine, Eden full with your patch doesn't so would that not suggest issue with the patch? I'm no dev so maybe they've changed a lot in Eden since RC2 but I'm equally sure you haven't changed a lot with the patch either...

My previous post you're quoting has the portion of log you need...

I've been using your patch since you released it and this is the first time I've had any issues Nod

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - clawes - 2012-03-31

I have installed XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio Windows installer
Do I need a patch to use Global audio delay?

I have changed my advancedsettings.xml, but its not working... I still have to make a -250 delay manually
what im I doing wrong??

<refresh>
<min>23</min>
<max>24</max>
<delay>-250</delay>
</refresh>