Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - patseguin - 2012-03-31

Only watched one movie so far but no TrueHD problems here.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jack0w - 2012-03-31

Just to throw my experience into the ring, I've been using Eden final with HD Audio patch. So far I've had no problems at all running DTS-HD MA or TrueHD files, DD and DTS also seem to work fine.

The only minor blip I've spotted is when playing either DD, DTS or DTS-HD MA files, on the codec info screen the missed counter goes up rapidly - by around 10 per second but this doesn't seem to have caused any problems for me.

My setup, in case this helps anyone:

A6-3500
ASRock A75M-ITX
4 GB DDR
Windows 7 64bit

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-31

You need to talk Damian into producing a build lol. I believe his builds included global delay.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 12:33)Phantom_Zone Wrote:
DanielaE Wrote:I am certainly interested in debug logs (short ones!) if there are problems with packed HD audio bitstreaming - even more so, if you can rectify the problem by disabling the bitstream support of the related audio format in the audio settings panel. In most cases a log is not sufficient by itself to get a clue about the nature of problem. A short (!) data sample may be required to reproduce and debug the issue.
RC2 with your patch works fine, Eden full with your patch doesn't so would that not suggest issue with the patch? I'm no dev so maybe they've changed a lot in Eden since RC2 but I'm equally sure you haven't changed a lot with the patch either...
You may be right (in both cases), but 25 years in software engineering tought me not to infer conclusions prematurely - even more so if there are multiple unknown variables involved. I've scanned the log but I couldn't reason anything from it so far. A similar log, from the very same build playing the same source file with DTS-MA decoded to LPCM rather than bitstreamed might give a clue.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 16:39)voip-ninja Wrote: You need to talk Damian into producing a build lol. I believe his builds included global delay.
This is a feature of "Eden" final. People may take advantage of that by uncommenting the related lines in 'advancedsettings.xml' that I've thrown in gratitiously.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-03-31

Thanks for clearing that up Daniela.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-03-31

DanielaE, your patch works nicely on my AD10. Can use DTS-HD now.
The AE build doesn't work with my setup. My receiver switches permanently between PCM and dts every two seconds, and I get no sound at all.

Chris

[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - michaeldecharon - 2012-03-31

Installed it for a friend with a nvidia graphics card, works like a charm connected to a Pioneer receiver.
Installed it for my own with the new Sapphire HD 7750 ultimate connected to my Marantz AV8003 receiver and when trying to use TrueHD or DTS-HD Master there is no sound. Normal DTS works fine!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 22:54)michaeldecharon Wrote: Installed it for a friend with a nvidia graphics card, works like a charm connected to a Pioneer receiver.
Installed it for my own with the new Sapphire HD 7750 ultimate connected to my Marantz AV8003 receiver and when trying to use TrueHD or DTS-HD Master there is no sound. Normal DTS works fine!
The only thing I could think of are driver and configuration....try these-

1. Download the latest driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software
2. Make sure to connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables
3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-01

(2012-03-31, 22:51)ix400 Wrote: DanielaE, your patch works nicely on my AD10. Can use DTS-HD now.
The AE build doesn't work with my setup. My receiver switches permanently between PCM and dts every two seconds, and I get no sound at all.

Chris

Hey mate - I just upped a very good build of AE to Damian's GitHub - pre-compiled. Runs great for me and sound is amazing for both BD-audio formats and multi-channel or high-def flac. Even mp3's are decoded to higher bitdepths. If you want to try then the latest version is XBMC-AE-20120331.zip. See the thread here for details and settings.

Note that it will affect your guisettings.xml, so rename/backup that file so you can revert as needed.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-04-01

[/quote]

Hey mate - I just upped a very good build of AE to Damian's GitHub - pre-compiled. Runs great for me and sound is amazing for both BD-audio formats and multi-channel or high-def flac. Even mp3's are decoded to higher bitdepths. If you want to try then the latest version is XBMC-AE-20120331.zip. See the thread here for details and settings.

Note that it will affect your guisettings.xml, so rename/backup that file so you can revert as needed.
[/quote]

Thanks, I just tried the new version. Still this permanent switching between PCM and DTS-HD:

http://db.tt/gWIe0irl

I'm using a Zotac Nano AD10 directly hooked to a Pioneer Vsx-Lx52.

Chris

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-04-01

Daniela,

I have tested your build based on Eden final and from what I can see so far in limited testing things are working fine, including Dolby True HD tracks.

Just wanted to provide my feedback.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-01

(2012-04-01, 07:19)ix400 Wrote: Thanks, I just tried the new version. Still this permanent switching between PCM and DTS-HD:

http://db.tt/gWIe0irl

I'm using a Zotac Nano AD10 directly hooked to a Pioneer Vsx-Lx52.

Chris

First time I've seen a video bug report Smile

Rock-solid on mine, and this is a first for this issue - can you post a Debug Log over at the Win AE Test Thread? Haven't had a report of that in any of the AE builds. Looks like the buffer value is too low for your rig (it's now adjustable in GUI), but I can tell more with a log.

(2012-04-01, 07:33)voip-ninja Wrote: Daniela,

I have tested your build based on Eden final and from what I can see so far in limited testing things are working fine, including Dolby True HD tracks.

Just wanted to provide my feedback.

That's good news. Trust me, you're not gaining much RC2->Final, but there's a lot of goodies going in right now like the long-awaited ffmpeg version bump, a much better streaming cache controller, pause/skip glitch fix and other goodies so I've been holding off till they're in master before doing any more builds of this.

It's not officially announced yet, but the debug/release cycle is being changed for shorter cycles so we don't have to wait so long for some of the major items to get in. An official announcement will come later from JMarshall, along with some other great news for XBMC. Stay tuned Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - michaeldecharon - 2012-04-01

(2012-03-31, 23:31)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 22:54)michaeldecharon Wrote: Installed it for a friend with a nvidia graphics card, works like a charm connected to a Pioneer receiver.
The only thing I could think of are driver and configuration....try these-

1. Download the latest driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software
2. Make sure to connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables
3. Select AMD HDMI audio output in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output

Dear Bluray,

Thanks for your replay!

1. I've downloaded en installed the latest drivers even the pre-release.
But no luck.
2. I've connected my system the way you pointed, i even disconnected my plasma i case of a handshake (EDID) problem
Again no luck
3. Done it.
As you may gues no luck.