Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 12:55)minimoe Wrote: For testing purposes, the problem appears with the channels Mega Cyprus (WMAv2 audio) and ANT1 Cyprus(MP3 audio). Frame fluctuates with WMAv2 audio and the problem gets worse with MP3 audio. In the second case there are a lot of errors like this:

Code:
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
13:20:56 T:4048   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:4773429.335355, should be:1697000.026122, error:-3076429.309233

Can you capture a sample of these streams? Daniela's patch should not have affected either of those two audio formats, but side-effects can happen with any code. There is a pull-request on the books for better stream caching, but obviously it would affect audio and video if it was a caching issue.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-01, 22:37)michaeldecharon Wrote: 1. Download- High Definition Audio Codecs
2. Check W7 control panel to see if you can select the options as shown in my screen shots below-
3. If you still cannot see the options after you did #1&2, you can try to switch to another HDMI input on your AVR. And that still doesn't work, you can try another HDMI cable...

(2012-04-01, 22:37)michaeldecharon Wrote: I did it all and still no luck!

I guess it must be the drivers...

EDIT: DDDamian snipped the duplicate pictures!
If you did all of the above and you still cannot see all the audio options in W7 control panel as shown in my screen shot below, there is nothing XBMC patches can do. W7 audio have to work properly in order for XBMC patches to work. There must be driver issues within W7 side of thing. You can try to completely un-install AMD CCC and Realtek drivers, and re-install AMD CCC driver afterward.

Let me ask you this- does your AVR displays DTS-HD and TrueHD when playback blu-ray disc using other devices (standalone blu-ray player, PS3, etc)?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 15:28)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 09:56)minimoe Wrote: Damian uploaded Eden final+HD audio patch @ githubWhat kind of new goodies are hidden within, I wonder Big Grin
Just an FYI - that was just a straight mirror of Daniela's build - I haven't done one since RC2, so no new goodies in that Wink
Well, I so overloaded with lots of different stuff that I didn't find time to push my latest changes to github. I'm even more sorry of that because I expect this better gets merged into AE.

[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - michaeldecharon - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-01, 22:49)DDDamian Wrote: @michaeldecharon - did you post a debug log? Might have missed it. May also be that being so new ATI/AMD hasn't got the drivers up to speed yet - wouldn't be the first time they roll out hardware without full driver support.

I didn't post a debug log yet. And by tested my avr today I came to the conclusion that I've also problems with a standalone BD-player.
@bluray:
I think my problems are bigger, because today I've tested my avr with a standalone player and still no HD-audio but after a little while the display is showing Dolby True HD, but no sound.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ArieS - 2012-04-02

Last night I installed the latest version and everything (DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, PCM) is working fine, thanks a lot for your great work... On my way to make a donation!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 20:28)michaeldecharon Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 22:49)DDDamian Wrote: @michaeldecharon - did you post a debug log? Might have missed it. May also be that being so new ATI/AMD hasn't got the drivers up to speed yet - wouldn't be the first time they roll out hardware without full driver support.

I didn't post a debug log yet. And by tested my avr today I came to the conclusion that I've also problems with a standalone BD-player.
@bluray:
I think my problems are bigger, because today I've tested my avr with a standalone player and still no HD-audio but after a little while the display is showing Dolby True HD, but no sound.

Check for a firmware update for your AVR - if it has an ethernet connection it might be available online - if not call the manufacturer, but that often means a factory or service center update.

(2012-04-02, 19:21)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 15:28)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 09:56)minimoe Wrote: Damian uploaded Eden final+HD audio patch @ githubWhat kind of new goodies are hidden within, I wonder Big Grin
Just an FYI - that was just a straight mirror of Daniela's build - I haven't done one since RC2, so no new goodies in that Wink
Well, I so overloaded with lots of different stuff that I didn't find time to push my latest changes to github. I'm even more sorry of that because I expect this better gets merged into AE.

Likewise lol. As you know AE already had the HD decoding a year ago, but it lacks the DTS-CD/wav mods for PAPlayer you've done and also the E-AC3 fix IIRC. I'll speak for gnif here, but of course we welcome those bits! Gnif's been working on a much more sophisticated up-mix algorithm than my cheap-n-cheesy one, and I'm providing a low-pass filter and a means for chaining DSP's, and I know with some of your signals processing experience you will be able to add there as well.

Not sure if you know of HRTF (head-related transfer function) processing, best applied to headphone listening to take the music "out-of-one's head" but that's another routine I've got lined up for it.

Some work's been done on the cue-sheet bug from trac (see trac ticket assigned), and I found another cue-sheet issue with multiple song indexes to push to git. Lot's going on! Drop by IRC or pm with any ideas or if you want to tackle something!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - pro510 - 2012-04-03

Anyone managed to get this working with a Harman Kardon AVR-2600?

Whenever I choose a HD track, audio stops and the video slows down to about 4-5fps. Non-HD tracks (DD, DTS) play fine. Debug log shows lots of discontinuity errors.

One thing I have noticed is that Windows does not show HD audio as a supported audio format, however, PowerDVD can play HD audio OK.

I'm using the latest nVidia drivers and latest firmware in the AVR.

Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-03

@pro510 - if you don't see the HD formats in the Windows audio settings I'd be concerned. Not sure if PowerDVD is outputting core or decoding, but the driver has to indicate it supports those formats.

Can you post a log showing a switch back and forth to an HD track? Make sure debugging is on.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-02, 20:28)michaeldecharon Wrote:

@bluray:
That is what I thought, because I suggested just about everything on the PC side and your PC should have sufficient drivers to support bitstreaming.....

You might want to contact your AVR hotline for help.....good luck!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: Anyone managed to get this working with a Harman Kardon AVR-2600

One thing I have noticed is that Windows does not show HD audio as a supported audio format, however, PowerDVD can play HD audio OK.
That is not how it suppose to work. With proper driver and configuration, you should see supported formats.... Did you see DTS-HD or TrueHD display on AVR front panel when playback blu-ray with HD audio using PDVD?

(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers and latest firmware in the AVR.
Thanks
Are you connecting your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cable and selected Nvidia HDMI audio output in W7 control panel...

If you did all the above, and it still doesn't work, you can try install Realtek- High Definition Audio Codecs

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Dj Freddy D - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 06:47)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: Anyone managed to get this working with a Harman Kardon AVR-2600

That is not how it suppose to work. With proper driver and configuration, you should see supported formats.... Did you see DTS-HD or TrueHD display on AVR front panel when playback blu-ray with HD audio using PDVD?

(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers and latest firmware in the AVR.
Thanks
Are you connecting your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cable and selected Nvidia HDMI audio output in W7 control panel...

If you did all the above, and it still doesn't work, you can try install Realtek- High Definition Audio Codecs

A little off topic but i'm curious to know what the difference is between realtek HD drivers and your current hdmi drivers (Nvidia or ATI's CCC).Just Curious.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HeresJohnny - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 08:46)Dj Freddy D Wrote: A little off topic but i'm curious to know what the difference is between realtek HD drivers and your current hdmi drivers (Nvidia or ATI's CCC).Just Curious.

The realtek chipset provides SPDIF or analogue out. It's completely separate IMHO.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - corruptus - 2012-04-03

Hello,

I have some problems with the lastest versiĆ³n (final 11-eden): lots of audio drops and the image go faster in some moments... Both with HD audio a with regular audio.

Version RC2 did not create any problem.

Please, could someone help me or give some ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-04-03

I suspect that some of the problems people are reporting between versions is due to at some point installing the AE branch build. Have you installed the AE branch build at some point on your system?

On Friday night my wife and I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo with this build and using the DTS-MA track. The movie tops in at 150 minutes. We didn't get a single audio dropout and not a single dropped video frame. I have the Radeon 6450 video card.