Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - patseguin - 2012-04-03

Aren't the AE branch builds the only way to get HD Audio?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-04-03

No, this patch (linked in 1st post by the patch author) is not an AE branch and gets you HD Audio.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - corruptus - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 16:49)voip-ninja Wrote: I suspect that some of the problems people are reporting between versions is due to at some point installing the AE branch build. Have you installed the AE branch build at some point on your system?

Nope, I just installed several version downloaded from the first post of this thread.
Must I try with a clean instalation?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - MeToo - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 16:21)corruptus Wrote: Hello,

I have some problems with the lastest versiĆ³n (final 11-eden): lots of audio drops and the image go faster in some moments... Both with HD audio a with regular audio.

Version RC2 did not create any problem.

Please, could someone help me or give some ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks

The simplest solution is reverting to RC2. I did.

Since you have the problem both with and without HD audio it is most likely not a problem caused by the HD patches. Try with an unpatched Eden and see if you still have the problem.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - corruptus - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 17:02)MeToo Wrote: Since you have the problem both with and without HD audio it is most likely not a problem caused by the HD patches. Try with an unpatched Eden and see if you still have the problem.

unpatched Eden works fine in my system... Undecided

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - pro510 - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 06:47)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: Anyone managed to get this working with a Harman Kardon AVR-2600

One thing I have noticed is that Windows does not show HD audio as a supported audio format, however, PowerDVD can play HD audio OK.
That is not how it suppose to work. With proper driver and configuration, you should see supported formats.... Did you see DTS-HD or TrueHD display on AVR front panel when playback blu-ray with HD audio using PDVD?

(2012-04-03, 06:12)pro510 Wrote: I'm using the latest nVidia drivers and latest firmware in the AVR.
Thanks
Are you connecting your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cable and selected Nvidia HDMI audio output in W7 control panel...

If you did all the above, and it still doesn't work, you can try install Realtek- High Definition Audio Codecs

Thanks all for the replies.

Upon further testing I don't see the stream on discontinuity errors but I do see the audio device fail to initialize - which would of course cause the issue.

I will try the realtek drivers when I get home tonight. I had disabled my onboard Realtek soundcard since I figured it wasn't needed. I have had no issues with DTS or DD.

Also I was mistaken about the PowerDVD working, that was with my other HTPC which uses an ATI 5450 and connects to the same AVR.

All my connections are correct. All Windows see is DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus.

Thanks again

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - dtviewer - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 16:49)voip-ninja Wrote: I suspect that some of the problems people are reporting between versions is due to at some point installing the AE branch build. Have you installed the AE branch build at some point on your system?

On Friday night my wife and I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo with this build and using the DTS-MA track. The movie tops in at 150 minutes. We didn't get a single audio dropout and not a single dropped video frame. I have the Radeon 6450 video card.

Great to hear those results!
(great movie also BTW!)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-03

Yep, 6450 all the way. Rocks for me with sync off, or on only for shits and giggles. Buy one Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - minimoe - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-02, 15:34)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 12:55)minimoe Wrote: For testing purposes, the problem appears with the channels Mega Cyprus (WMAv2 audio) and ANT1 Cyprus(MP3 audio). Frame fluctuates with WMAv2 audio and the problem gets worse with MP3 audio. In the second case there are a lot of errors like this:

Code:
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
13:20:56 T:4048   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:4773429.335355, should be:1697000.026122, error:-3076429.309233

Can you capture a sample of these streams? Daniela's patch should not have affected either of those two audio formats, but side-effects can happen with any code. There is a pull-request on the books for better stream caching, but obviously it would affect audio and video if it was a caching issue.

Any idea on how I can capture the streams? Blush
I tried streamCapture, StreamRecorder.NET and VSO Downloader but no luck.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-03, 21:47)minimoe Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 15:34)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 12:55)minimoe Wrote: For testing purposes, the problem appears with the channels Mega Cyprus (WMAv2 audio) and ANT1 Cyprus(MP3 audio). Frame fluctuates with WMAv2 audio and the problem gets worse with MP3 audio. In the second case there are a lot of errors like this:

Code:
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
13:20:56 T:4048   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
13:20:56 T:4048   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:4773429.335355, should be:1697000.026122, error:-3076429.309233

Can you capture a sample of these streams? Daniela's patch should not have affected either of those two audio formats, but side-effects can happen with any code. There is a pull-request on the books for better stream caching, but obviously it would affect audio and video if it was a caching issue.

Any idea on how I can capture the streams? Blush
I tried streamCapture, StreamRecorder.NET and VSO Downloader but no luck.

Sounds like they have those locked up pretty good then. The WMAv2 doesn't surprise me much (even the inventors M$ have trouble with it sometimes lol) but the MP3 surprises me. It'll be VBR for sure being streamed, but XBMC handles VBR easily. I hate to say, but I'm not sure how easily I can reproduce for further checking? The error value in the log is huge - far beyond a single framedrop or two - more like a glitched PTS timecode. Sad

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Druthers - 2012-04-04

Hello All,

The patch seems to work with everything except:
  • James Bond DVD UE collection when trying to play DTS it has real sync issues. This may be inherent in the DVD.
  • Star Wars Latest Blue Ray collection. These movies seem to use DTS HD MA 6.1 which XBMC will not play.
    [\list]

My setup is Bulldozer 8150 on 990FX with 5750 connected to Onkyo 8XX.

Druthers

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - uncola - 2012-04-04

Does this patch also have implications for os x? or will it only make bitstreaming work in windows builds of xbmc?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: The patch seems to work with everything except:
  • James Bond DVD UE collection when trying to play DTS it has real sync issues. This may be inherent in the DVD.
  • Star Wars Latest Blue Ray collection. These movies seem to use DTS HD MA 6.1 which XBMC will not play.
Then it would be extremely helpful if you'd make (short!) snippets of these available to the devs (in this case: me).

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 08:02)uncola Wrote: Does this patch also have implications for os x? or will it only make bitstreaming work in windows builds of xbmc?
No, yes!
Even though almost all parts of the patch are OS agnostic, no dev came up with a (probably small) upgrade to the OS specific audio sound interface for OS other than Windows.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - uncola - 2012-04-04

doh.. maybe if I turn on the bat-davilla symbol he will show up