Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ffreak - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-03, 21:44)DDDamian Wrote: Yep, 6450 all the way. Rocks for me with sync off, or on only for shits and giggles. Buy one Smile

Is there a real difference to the 6310 of an E-350 APU?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 10:57)ffreak Wrote: Is there a real difference to the 6310 of an E-350 APU?
XBMC seems to work perfectly well on my E-350 APU - even with sync disabled.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ffreak - 2012-04-04

Using your RC2 build i have about 15 dropped frames everytime, maybe i should update Big Grin

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 12:19)ffreak Wrote: Using your RC2 build i have about 15 dropped frames everytime, maybe i should update Big Grin

Hey - try both - it's easy enough to change to any of these versions. But yeah, 6310 != 6450. Somewhere in this thread I posted a link to some tests done on various GPU's, and even though it was getting dated the 6450 stood out in timing precision. That and they're dirt cheap now and more than capable for HTPC use. Perhaps a google will find a more recent test with newer GPU's.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-03, 16:53)voip-ninja Wrote: No, this patch (linked in 1st post by the patch author) is not an AE branch and gets you HD Audio.
This is not entirely correct either....as Daniela stated, the patches included AE codes in it.....

(2012-04-03, 21:44)DDDamian Wrote: Yep, 6450 all the way. Rocks for me with sync off, or on only for shits and giggles. Buy one Smile
HD6450 FTW.......Nod

(2012-04-03, 20:22)pro510 Wrote: Also I was mistaken about the PowerDVD working, that was with my other HTPC which uses an ATI 5450 and connects to the same AVR.
That is what I thought, because I never see PDVD bitstream without seeing HD audio formats in W7 control panel. So, what GPU are you trying to make it bitstream with the patches?

(2012-04-03, 20:22)pro510 Wrote: All my connections are correct. All Windows see is DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus.

Thanks again
You should see DTS-HD, TrueHD, etc in it too......

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 16:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 16:53)voip-ninja Wrote: No, this patch (linked in 1st post by the patch author) is not an AE branch and gets you HD Audio.
This is not entirely correct either....as Daniela stated, the patches included AE codes in it.....

To be fair here - Daniela borrowed very little indeed from AE - her work is almost entirely based on master with the minimal necessary changes for DTS-MA/TrueHD to work, as opposed to AE which basically threw everything out and started again from the ground up.

As I've stated before Daniela did this with remarkably surgical precision - it does what it set out to do very well indeed. It bears almost no resemblence to the AE code, it's almost the opposite extreme. I'd be surprised if this patch had 1% of the AE code. Two very different animals Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ix400 - 2012-04-04

If the devs get the HD sound to work on Mac OS I'll imediately buy a Mac Mini. Unfortunately, I don't think that OS X does support HD-Audio per se.

Sad

Chris

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - patseguin - 2012-04-04

If they got it working on XBMCuntu I'd switch in a heartbeat to that. Smile However, it never occurred to me that a Mac Mini would be a good option.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-04-04

Mac support is not possible because even though some Macs (new Mini for example) have the necessary hardware, OS X does not provide drivers/codec support for HD audio, such driver packages would need to be available before any HD audio bitstream on a Mac was possible.

(2012-04-04, 16:58)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 16:36)bluray Wrote:

To be fair here - Daniela borrowed very little indeed from AE - her work is almost entirely based on master with the minimal necessary changes for DTS-MA/TrueHD to work, as opposed to AE which basically threw everything out and started again from the ground up.

As I've stated before Daniela did this with remarkably surgical precision - it does what it set out to do very well indeed. It bears almost no resemblence to the AE code, it's almost the opposite extreme. I'd be surprised if this patch had 1% of the AE code. Two very different animals Smile
There is no denied that she did a superb job. Regardless of how little AE codes (stated in post #23) she used in her patches, it's there. I gave her a lot of credits on it, but Gnif at AE deserve some credits too......

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ArieS - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: Hello All,

The patch seems to work with everything except:
  • James Bond DVD UE collection when trying to play DTS it has real sync issues. This may be inherent in the DVD.
  • Star Wars Latest Blue Ray collection. These movies seem to use DTS HD MA 6.1 which XBMC will not play.
    [\list]

My setup is Bulldozer 8150 on 990FX with 5750 connected to Onkyo 8XX.

Druthers
I have the 6 Star Wars movies and no problems playing them in XBMC with the DTS-HD MA 6.1 so the problem is on your end.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-05

@druther-

Try to change speaker configuration to 7.1 or other configuration in XBMC settings/audio output....if you haven't update the driver for your HD5750, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software .

Can your Star Wars Latest Blu-Ray collection playback with standalone player (PDVD11/TMT5)?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - themaster1 - 2012-04-05

Is it possible to have a dl link for the patch only ??

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - eskro - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 07:19)themaster1 Wrote: Is it possible to have a dl link for the patch only ??

nope, u have to get the new version completely...