Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Druthers - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-04, 23:37)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: Hello All,

The patch seems to work with everything except:
  • James Bond DVD UE collection when trying to play DTS it has real sync issues. This may be inherent in the DVD.
  • Star Wars Latest Blue Ray collection. These movies seem to use DTS HD MA 6.1 which XBMC will not play.
    [\list]

My setup is Bulldozer 8150 on 990FX with 5750 connected to Onkyo 8XX.

Druthers
I have the 6 Star Wars movies and no problems playing them in XBMC with the DTS-HD MA 6.1 so the problem is on your end.

Thank you,

What settings in XBMC would affect this? I can play the Star Wars Blu-Rays in MPC-HC bitstreaming thru FFDSHOW with no problems at all. They even play through VLC except without the bitstream.

Actually I have watched a good number of bitstreamed HD movies through XBMC with no issues. So far it is just the darn Star Wars Blu-Rays. For whatever reason my deep collection does not have any other titles with DTS HD MA 6.1, all the DTS HD MA is either 7.1 or 5.1.

What should I do to troubleshoot XBMC considering these movies play fine using other SW.

Druthers

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Druthers - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-04, 08:19)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: The patch seems to work with everything except:
  • James Bond DVD UE collection when trying to play DTS it has real sync issues. This may be inherent in the DVD.
  • Star Wars Latest Blue Ray collection. These movies seem to use DTS HD MA 6.1 which XBMC will not play.
Then it would be extremely helpful if you'd make (short!) snippets of these available to the devs (in this case: me).

Is x264 MKV OK. If so how long and where? If not I am unaware of any freeware/open source tool that will allow the cropping of VC1 video/hd audio streams.

Druthers

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Roelio - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-02, 09:56)minimoe Wrote: Damian uploaded Eden final+HD audio patch @ github

Thanks for the info will download it tonight when I get home Tongue

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - T800 - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 09:20)Roelio Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 09:56)minimoe Wrote: Damian uploaded Eden final+HD audio patch @ github

Thanks for the info will download it tonight when I get home Tongue

That is Daniela's build.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 08:48)Druthers Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 08:19)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: The patch seems to work with everything except:
Then it would be extremely helpful if you'd make (short!) snippets of these available to the devs (in this case: me).

Is x264 MKV OK. If so how long and where? If not I am unaware of any freeware/open source tool that will allow the cropping of VC1 video/hd audio streams.

Druthers
MKVMerge can be used to make short clips, as no encoding is done I don't think it matters what is in the MKV container, not ever tried it myself though so can't be 100% on this.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 08:48)Druthers Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 08:19)DanielaE Wrote: Then it would be extremely helpful if you'd make (short!) snippets of these available to the devs (in this case: me).
Yes, 1 to 5 minutes, f.e. your Dropbox, may be "XMedia Recode"

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 08:36)Druthers Wrote: Actually I have watched a good number of bitstreamed HD movies through XBMC with no issues. So far it is just the darn Star Wars Blu-Rays. For whatever reason my deep collection does not have any other titles with DTS HD MA 6.1, all the DTS HD MA is either 7.1 or 5.1.

What should I do to troubleshoot XBMC considering these movies play fine using other SW.

Druthers
Have you try what I posted in the earlier post?

Try to change speaker configuration to 7.1 or other configuration in XBMC settings/audio output....if you haven't update the driver for your HD5750, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software .

Try to change speaker configuration to 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 in XBMC settings/audio output.....I remember one movie I rented from RedBox did not work till I switched to certain speaker channel. I cannot remember the exact movie. XBMC works better with the latest AMD GPU driver too.....

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ArieS - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 08:36)Druthers Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 23:37)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 07:52)Druthers Wrote: Hello All,

The patch seems to work with everything except:
    [\list]

My setup is Bulldozer 8150 on 990FX with 5750 connected to Onkyo 8XX.

Druthers
I have the 6 Star Wars movies and no problems playing them in XBMC with the DTS-HD MA 6.1 so the problem is on your end.

Thank you,

What settings in XBMC would affect this? I can play the Star Wars Blu-Rays in MPC-HC bitstreaming thru FFDSHOW with no problems at all. They even play through VLC except without the bitstream.

Actually I have watched a good number of bitstreamed HD movies through XBMC with no issues. So far it is just the darn Star Wars Blu-Rays. For whatever reason my deep collection does not have any other titles with DTS HD MA 6.1, all the DTS HD MA is either 7.1 or 5.1.

Druthers
I forgot to add, my Star Wars movies have been converted to .mkv using MakeMKV. It's in Beta right now so it's free.
Give it a try and let us know if it works in XBMC.

(2012-04-05, 18:02)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 08:36)Druthers Wrote: Actually I have watched a good number of bitstreamed HD movies through XBMC with no issues. So far it is just the darn Star Wars Blu-Rays. For whatever reason my deep collection does not have any other titles with DTS HD MA 6.1, all the DTS HD MA is either 7.1 or 5.1.

Druthers
Have you try what I posted in the earlier post?

Try to change speaker configuration to 7.1 or other configuration in XBMC settings/audio output....if you haven't update the driver for your HD5750, you can update it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software .

Try to change speaker configuration to 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 in XBMC settings/audio output.....I remember one movie I rented from RedBox did not work till I switched to certain speaker channel. I cannot remember the exact movie. XBMC works better with the latest AMD GPU driver too.....

I have XBMC and Win7 set to 7.1 and I am running the latest driver package from AMD.

Druthers
(2012-04-05, 20:40)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 08:36)Druthers Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 23:37)ArieS Wrote: I have the 6 Star Wars movies and no problems playing them in XBMC with the DTS-HD MA 6.1 so the problem is on your end.

Thank you,

Druthers
I forgot to add, my Star Wars movies have been converted to .mkv using MakeMKV. It's in Beta right now so it's free.
Give it a try and let us know if it works in XBMC.

My whole collection SD and HD is ripped to ISO.

I typically use Handbrake to transcode to MKV. I guess make MKV is a good choice because it only throws the existing video/audio streams into the MKV, no transcodeing.

Druthers

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 20:56)Druthers Wrote: I have XBMC and Win7 set to 7.1 and I am running the latest driver package from AMD.
Druthers
Have you try the 5.1 and 6.1 in XBMC patch?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 20:56)Druthers Wrote: My whole collection SD and HD is ripped to ISO.

I typically use Handbrake to transcode to MKV. I guess make MKV is a good choice because it only throws the existing video/audio streams into the MKV, no transcodeing.

Druthers

I have the star wars movies ripped to MKV and they seem to work fine with HD audio, perhaps the problem is with the ISO format of the movies. You might try to rip to MKV just as a test.

The only issue with MKV is forced subtitles, you will need to go in and identify the forced subtitle tracks (which on the star wars movies is a bit of a pain) and then use mkvmerge to set them to forced.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ArieS - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-05, 21:40)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 20:56)Druthers Wrote: I have XBMC and Win7 set to 7.1 and I am running the latest driver package from AMD.
Druthers
Doesn't matter.
Mine is set to 7.1 and it plays fine.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - uncola - 2012-04-06

Just wanted to report I put this build on my mac mini in bootcamp and it works great. So far tried out blu-ray mkv files of tron legacy, dune, jurassic park and all worked great with bitstreaming the hd audio. I noticed that I had a problem playing star wars blu-ray, even with just the regular dts track. it's dts es too. I'll try to upload clips later this week
receiver: onkyo ts-nr609

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-05, 21:44)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 20:56)Druthers Wrote: My whole collection SD and HD is ripped to ISO.

Druthers

I have the star wars movies ripped to MKV and they seem to work fine with HD audio, perhaps the problem is with the ISO format of the movies. You might try to rip to MKV just as a test.
It's not format related issue. Most of my blu-ray discs are ripped to ISO and it can playback fine. ISO is the best format to preserve the entire original blu-ray disc....

His issue is more likely related to configuration or it could be the software he used to rip the blu-ray disc. In my opinion, the best software to rip blu-ray disc to ISO is AnyDVD HD.....

(2012-04-06, 07:31)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 21:40)bluray Wrote:
Druthers
Doesn't matter.
That is what I thought, but one of the blu-ray disc that I rented from RedBox didn't bitstream with 7.1 but work fine with 5.1......all my other blu-ray discs works fine with 7.1 though!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Druthers - 2012-04-07

(2012-04-06, 16:41)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 21:44)voip-ninja Wrote:

Druthers

It's not format related issue. Most of my blu-ray discs are ripped to ISO and it can playback fine. ISO is the best format to preserve the entire original blu-ray disc....

His issue is more likely related to configuration or it could be the software he used to rip the blu-ray disc. In my opinion, the best software to rip blu-ray disc to ISO is AnyDVD HD.....

(2012-04-06, 07:31)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 21:40)bluray Wrote: Have you try the 5.1 and 6.1 in XBMC patch?
Doesn't matter.
That is what I thought, but one of the blu-ray disc that I rented from RedBox didn't bitstream with 7.1 but work fine with 5.1......all my other blu-ray discs works fine with 7.1 though!

I use ANYDVD HD to create the ISOs for Blu-ray and DVD.

I will test with an MKV from Handbrake using the DTS HD passthrough.

I have a feeling that the title parser XBMC uses is to blame. I still don't understand why it is not possible to select between titles in a Blu-ray. Just utilize the code from VLC or MPC-HT.

Druthers