Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - a5ian300zx - 2012-05-02

hi,

DDDMain: which log file?

bluray: I have the intel 2500T with HD2000 GPU would that be sufficient enough?

I have internal audio and GPU disabled on system via BIOS motherboard.

one weird thing i did pick up was that under sound options in WIndows 7 there are like 6 option for digital audio.

a5ian300zx

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Nimo - 2012-05-02

@ a5ian300zx: i have an intel i3-2120T with HD2000 and this is enough power. i use wasapi for dts hd ma with full success.
and he means the log file in ..\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log with enabled debug-logging in xbmc
cheers

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-05-02

@Nimo - thx. A good way to do a Debug Log is via the addon built just for it here.

Telling us what those six or so digital options are would be helpful too.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 11:54)a5ian300zx Wrote: bluray: I have the intel 2500T with HD2000 GPU would that be sufficient enough?

a5ian300zx
I have a weaker Intel i5 with HD2000 and it can playback fine.....just disable DXVA2 in video playback and select WASAP in audio output, it should be good to go....

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - a5ian300zx - 2012-05-02

Thanks guys will get the debug up tonight, the six inputs i have no idea they was only one with my last 6670 card.

here my card
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1159&lid=1&pid=1454&leg=0

thanks

PS: if not then i will uninstall and use HD2000

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Nimo - 2012-05-02

the AMD 7750 should work. i plan to buy the same as passive. Wink
Quote:Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - serieofilo - 2012-05-02

Hello,

As per my post about the slow instead of smooth motion (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877&pid=1092175#pid1092175 at page 133) I've pasted the log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2162.

I hope someone could help me about this annonying problem.

I've read a lot and I'm quite sure that is something related to the judder, stutter, etc. problem but I've not found how to solve it in a very precise manner.

Thank you.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-05-02

I hate to repeat myself but I won't study logs if you don't provide at least a snippet of the media file that you used to create that log in the first place.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-05-02

@serieofilo - looks like (in this file's case) a poor remux from 25fps to 23.976fps, with ffmpeg complaining:

Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[884]: [mpeg4] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Chances are if you load it with avidemux you'll get a complaint about the B-frames needing rebuilding. You can use that program to try rebuild them or demux/remux the file. Not sure if you have one or many like this, just what the log review tells me.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-05-02

Ah, the joy of poorly created media files. Do yourselves a favor people, buy and rip your own media. Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - serieofilo - 2012-05-02

Hi and thanks to everyone,

@DanielaE: Sorry, I have the snippet but I've forgot to upload. Where do you want it upload?
@DDDamian: Yes, I've seen that error but if the error is in the encoding, why MPC-CH play smooth?
@voip-ninja: ;-) ... some all-in-one converters doesn't work as expected

In the meantime I've read some posts about disabling Aero (check "Disable Desktop Composition" in the XBMC.exe properties) help some other programs, like WMC or games, in full screen mode [see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1397874] so I'll try it ASAP.

Thanks again.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-05-02

You might consider doing a fresh BD rip with MakeMKV that includes the HD audio, and then testing. Remember that you should NOT be using the video option "match refresh rate to display" if you are also using the option "match refresh rate to video framerate" with this patch for best results.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Maxoo - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 22:29)serieofilo Wrote: @DDDamian: Yes, I've seen that error but if the error is in the encoding, why MPC-CH play smooth?
Cause the error is not in the encoding, but in the packaging. MPC-HC is aware of the error and adapt. That doesn't change the fact that your file is probably badly packaged. Try what DDDamian suggested, repackaging doesn't take time.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 19:51)serieofilo Wrote: I've read a lot and I'm quite sure that is something related to the judder, stutter, etc. problem but I've not found how to solve it in a very precise manner.

Thank you.
You can try these, but changing one thing at a time. If it doesn't work after you changed it, switch it back to original settings.....

1st try- Enable DXVA2 and use DXVA as Render Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output. Try to playback movie afterward.....my AMD HTPC work with these settings.....

If the 1st try doesn't work, move to 2nd try....
2nd try- Disable "DXVA2" and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output. Try to playback movie afterward.....my Intel HTPC work with these settings.....

All the above takes very little time to try, and can be switched back in no time too.....

Hi,

@Maxoo/@DDDamian: I've used Avidemux for opening the video file, unpack the bitstream and use Tools > Rebuild I & B Frames.

Then I've compared the output of "ffmpeg -i filename" for the first file and the corrected one and now I don't have the error in the final AVI:

Before:
Code:
[mpeg4 @ 01dfc5c0] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
Input #0, avi, from 't:\temp\avi\Movie.avi':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
  Duration: 01:42:53.95, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2177 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 720x400 [SAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 25 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 448 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified

After the I&B correction:
Code:
Input #0, avi, from 't:\temp\avi\Movie - Unpacked.avi':
  Duration: 01:42:53.95, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2177 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (DX50 / 0x30355844), yuv420p, 720x400 [SAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 25 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 448 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified

I'll try this video tonight when my wife leaves the TV ;-)

I've tested too the "Disable Desktop Composition" and the same incorrect video file is smooth (I can't be sure if better than MPC-HC alone but a lot better than XBMC without the Aero disabled). So, I've added some lines to my startup script for XBMC:

Code:
IF "%SCREEN%"=="1" (
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%~dp0XBMC.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "DISABLEDWM" /f >NUL
) ELSE (
    reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%~dp0XBMC.exe" /f >NUL 2>&1
)

The idea is to add the key DISABLEDWM in the registry (is the same that checking the "Disable Desktop Composition" in the file properties) when I launch XBMC in my screen 1 (i.e. the TV) and delete it if I launch in Desktop/Windowed mode in my screen 0 (i.e. my Desktop monitor) because here the problem doesn't appear.

Thanks.