Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-05-02

Glad to hear it - just test each in isolation of the other and see if one or the other is causing your issues. That way you'll have a better idea of the root cause.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - henrikyo - 2012-05-03

Just a update i asked some pages ago in this thread

Had great success with the mac mini (base 2011 model with intel 3000 hd to bitstream to my pio vsx921)

Now if the stupid ir reciever in the mac mini worked in windows so i could use my haromy all would be great. However that doesnt work, so i have to wait 30 days for my ir reciever to arrive. Oh well. Great work. Switching to windows soon enough.

Btw i tried both enabling and disabling dxva, but i couldnt see any lag/stutter or weird artifacts anywhere. Just remembering someone told me i had to disable dxva to get it work properly

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - OtisPresley - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 10:51)henrikyo Wrote: Just a update i asked some pages ago in this thread

Had great success with the mac mini (base 2011 model with intel 3000 hd to bitstream to my pio vsx921)

Now if the stupid ir reciever in the mac mini worked in windows so i could use my haromy all would be great. However that doesnt work, so i have to wait 30 days for my ir reciever to arrive. Oh well. Great work. Switching to windows soon enough.

Btw i tried both enabling and disabling dxva, but i couldnt see any lag/stutter or weird artifacts anywhere. Just remembering someone told me i had to disable dxva to get it work properly

That all depends on what format the video is in that you are watching with a Sandy Bridge GPU. The problem is with H.264 video decoding. You get some serious blocking on the screen during playback with DXVA2 enabled. You can get around this with FFDShow because they added support for Intel QuickSync, but I am not sure if ffmpeg ever did or not. I confirmed that this issue still exists in DDDamian's 4/25 build, testing with Iron Man 2 that was just remuxed into a single M2TS file; it has H.264 video and DTS-HD audio. I get no audio with DTS-HD in that build, but I am sure that will be fixed as it is the first post-Eden build.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DDDamian - 2012-05-03

@OtisPresley - two devs are working with Intel on that right now Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - OtisPresley - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 14:36)DDDamian Wrote: @OtisPresley - two devs are working with Intel on that right now Smile

That is great news! It currently works fine with software decoding, but it taxes the CPU way more.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 10:51)henrikyo Wrote: Btw i tried both enabling and disabling dxva, but i couldnt see any lag/stutter or weird artifacts anywhere. Just remembering someone told me i had to disable dxva to get it work properly
Try the video sample posted by Tman12, you'll see what we meant......brief green pixelation during resume

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - PatrickBateman - 2012-05-06

Hmmm...

Ok, im having issues on one of my htpcs.
I'm using Daniela's build on the front page.
Windows 7
Hdmi (ion)

When I pause movies, on resume they are either out of sync, stuttery or have no audio. I have to rew/ff a few seconds to get it o "jolt" it's self back into joint.

Multi chnl PCM centre Chanel dialog comes through my rear chnl, when my audio config is set to 7.1 in xbmc settings. Changing this to 5.1 in xbmc resolves this, Even though I dont have. 5.1 setup (8.2).

PCM audio (when change resolution and sync to audio clock are enabled) drop out and disconnect after 2 or 3 seconds? This problem cn be resolved by disabling sync to audio clock and the movie plays fine?

Just posting this to get eyes on it, no log as of yet, no sample cut from the movie yet to post for you guys to test.

Anyone experincing similar?

That said,
It's still incredible and other than the odd hiccup I can't really fault this awesome work don't in here Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - moravec - 2012-05-06

Yes, after pause audio stutters. I just toggle language and then it is ok again...

Christian

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-05-07

A quick test on my rig didn't exhibit any audio stutter after long or short duration pauses (tested with DD, DD+, DTHD, DTS-MA). I will try to run more tests when time allows.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - simpic - 2012-05-07

Hi,

Same issue here on the audio after a pause. I get bad pops coming through the speakers. If I navigate a few seconds back on the scroll bar it's all fine again.

As a second point...

Is there anyway I can confirm that my amp (Denon AVR 1911) is passing the switching signal to the TV to change it's refresh rate to match the video output i.e 24hz for 23.976 playback?

Bluray rips at 1080 are looking particularly jittery in panning scenes. They are perfect when played via MPC-HC. I could just set up the advanced setting XML again to use the external player when 23.976 content is played but I have got quite used to the internal player controls and the wife thinks they are user friendly as well in comparison to MPC-HC.

Regards,

Simpic

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - gregnukem - 2012-05-08

Hey bluray,

It's been a while since you suggested certain setting for me to try out. Here is your post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877&pid=1071729#pid1071729.

To reiterate, if I try to playback DTS-HD MA or Dolby True-HD, I need to press Play/Pause many times quickly to get the sound through to the AVR. When the sound is there, it's there - no distortions/skips. But if I switch the track and then back to any of the HD tracks I have to abuse the Play/Pause button again Confused

Well, I tried those setting along with changing many other settings (like HDMI control and Lip Sync in the AVR, reinstalling sound/video drivers etc.), but nothing changes the described behavior.

I've really run out of ideas. What else could I do?

P.S. Also, just noticed that XBMC crashes if I try to play 5.1 WavPack files (24/96 rips from DVDA) that work fine in Foobar2000. If it matters, 2.0 WavPacks play fine (though outputting only 16-bit of course).

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-07, 09:51)DanielaE Wrote: A quick test on my rig didn't exhibit any audio stutter after long or short duration pauses (tested with DD, DD+, DTHD, DTS-MA). I will try to run more tests when time allows.

I can reproduce it pretty easily, I wonder if there are some issues with 24P sync and the make/model of AVR being used somehow making this problem harder or easier to replicate.

If you want me to do any diagnostics on this, like recreating and providing logs, etc, let me know.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-08, 10:01)gregnukem Wrote: I've really run out of ideas. What else could I do?
You can try these-

1. Install the latest Intel driver- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Install- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver]Intel Magagement Engine Interface Driver
3. Try to playback some movie afterward....

-If you still have the same problem after you did #1-2-3, you can try it with Realtek "High Definition Audio Codecs"......

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DanielaE - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-08, 17:13)voip-ninja Wrote: I wonder if there are some issues with 24P sync and the make/model of AVR being used somehow making this problem harder or easier to replicate.
I propose this procedure:
  • the test file must be from this location: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php
  • the report includes info about graphics card and audio driver
  • the report includes info about the audio decoder / AVR
  • optionally the report points to a debug log (I'm no fan of logs)
  • optionally the report includes info about an Eden or post-Eden build without the reported issue, using the same setup and test file
May be we get a clue about problematic hardware or software combinations.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Nimo - 2012-05-08

in actual build (alpha) i have the same problem with pause and stuttering too. i tested with dts-hd ma, dts 5.1, dd 5.1 and 2ch mp3. same problem. the only thing what helps is rewind a bit and press play. i use the latest intel driver.