Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-09-30

ok so copy those setting in to xsqueeze.... '-o', 'Output' you have in your log is not the same as that...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - JHak - 2015-10-01

Can't connect to server!!!!
I have a Squeezebox touch and he is playing the music from the squeezeserver running at a Nas.
Now I also wanna play the music from the Nas by a Rasp PI.
I use Squeeze 1.2.1
I tried several settings but the connection with the server is not working.

This are the settings I think must be correct....
LMS server settings.

IP OK.
Server CLI port...where can I find this setting on the server? I tried 9090.
Server HTTP PORT...is 9001

MODE
DO I have to marked Act as Squeezeplayer?
MAC I enetered here the mac adres of my Touch.
For playback use...I choose Squeezelite

Player arguments...I choose by Squeezeslave the sysdefault hifiberry card

Are these the right settings?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-02

@JHak - why are you putting the hardware address in of an existing player if you want to set this up as a new player?

Basically, you just enter a dummy mac, choose the server and outputs using the little chosser windows, and then play. Don't change anything else unless you know why you're changing it....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - snoopy86 - 2015-10-02

I finally got it working on Openelec (Rpi).

Code:
echo snd_bcm2835 >> /storage/.config/modules-load.d/audio.conf
amixer cset numid=3 1
alsactl -f /storage/.config/sound.conf store

Make startup script. Change IP address of LMS server.
Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Script contains
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Start SqueezeLite on audio output device
(sleep 10; \

~/.kodi//addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite -m aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff -o default:CARD=ALSA -s 192.168.1.1 -a 160

)&

You make it executable
Code:
chmod u+x nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Squeezelite runs in the background.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-02

Yeah, that's getting something else working really isn't it? I.e. running squeezelite in the BG.

You don't need xsqueeze at all - just DL the squeezelite binary itself and use that.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - snoopy86 - 2015-10-02

Yeah, but it works. Maybe this would be helpful to get the audio working. They can skip auto-start function and run it from your addon.

I tried xsqueeze and it was very laggy on rpi and decided to run lms in the bg & control it with phone app.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - JHak - 2015-10-02

(2015-10-02, 01:45)bossanova808 Wrote: @JHak - why are you putting the hardware address in of an existing player if you want to set this up as a new player?

Basically, you just enter a dummy mac, choose the server and outputs using the little chosser windows, and then play. Don't change anything else unless you know why you're changing it....

I that that the first time but dont work neither....
Is it possible to delete the addon and start from the beginning?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - JHak - 2015-10-02

(2015-10-02, 18:58)JHak Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 01:45)bossanova808 Wrote: @JHak - why are you putting the hardware address in of an existing player if you want to set this up as a new player?

I that that the first time but dont work neither....
Is it possible to delete the addon and start from the beginning?

I enter a dummy mac and let the addon find my LMS server. Only thing i changed is the adres 9000 in 9001 because thats the setting on my Squeezeserver.
Is it possible there is a setting in my router of nas causes the problem?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-03

Well, start there and post a debug log and we'll see what might be happening.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-03

To delete it, uninstall the addon in Kodi and then delete your settings file manually over ssh in addon_settings.

Another thing you can do is try and get it woriking from the commandline. Basically, run xsqueeze and check your debug log for the issue and above it you will see the line where it attempts to start the player. Then use this same instruction on the command line and see what the issue is.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - JHak - 2015-10-03

(2015-10-03, 01:54)bossanova808 Wrote: To delete it, uninstall the addon in Kodi and then delete your settings file manually over ssh in addon_settings.

Another thing you can do is try and get it woriking from the commandline. Basically, run xsqueeze and check your debug log for the issue and above it you will see the line where it attempts to start the player. Then use this same instruction on the command line and see what the issue is.

http://xbmclogs.com/p7syapesu

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-04

Ok, try the equivaletn of this from the command line:
Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.178.40']

...better yet, use the much more modern squeezelite.
See what happens and what errors you get.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - JHak - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-04, 01:48)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok, try the equivaletn of this from the command line:
Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave', '-m00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.178.40']

...better yet, use the much more modern squeezelite.
See what happens and what errors you get.

Error....not found

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-10-05

@JHak - What's not found?

Look, if you want help, provide info and try stuff and let me know what happens.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2015-10-05

@JHak Copy and pasting your exact command and the response is not rocket science.