Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-11

Glad you got it working (and like it!)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-16

Ok squeezelite is suddenly looking a LOT more interesting with arm, linux, osx and Windows binaries all appearing.

Looks like I am going to have to spend some more time on XSqueeze to integrate that....

(That said most of my time is now spent coveting the Olive One - http://www.myoliveone.com/homes/home - that looks pretty damn cool to me!)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-17

Ok I have a preliminary version working with squeezelite doing the playback - it will be a choice, the old model with squeezeslave plus display, or this new offering with squeezelite...which, being a headless player, has no display option....

So far so good, but it makes clear the lack of the display is a bit of an issue....will need to work on the controls a lot more to make it useful. Missing is a pause, some indication of playing volume, repeat etc. Volume adjustment is too slow and requires a lot of button presses so probably will make it go up and down in units of 5 or whatever.

Anyway...it's coming (if anybody cares). I *believe* this opens up high def audio and potentially spotify etc

According to the developer:

It should support the following:
- headless playback
- gapless, high res support, direct streaming support (works with my Spotify plugin)
- flac, mp3 and pcm (wav/aiff), aac/mp4, ogg playback;
- usb dacs with support for direct playback to the hardware device (supports S24_3LE output format)
- sync
- tunable buffer sizes
- ability to disable codecs (if you like to only use wav, then only enable pcm other codecs will not be loaded)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - j1nx - 2013-01-17

Cool, thanks!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - niteowl - 2013-01-17

Bossanova808, I care! Looking forward to trialing the new version - but still love the current one. Thank you!

Edit: will i be able to control it with my phone - as i often do with the current version? Sorry if it's a silly question - i'm a newbie

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-18

Ok I can confirm I have Spotify working on windows with XSqueeze. Yay! (using Triode's unofficial spotify plugin - he is the author of squeezelite too)

@niteowl - yep, phone no issue (or remote, or mouse, or keyboard...all should work to at least a usable degree...)

I have a lot of code cleanup and fixing to do, as well as looking at how to queue whole albums in Spotfy (I can just do tracks right now as I don't have a play option right on the album level yet, need to look on that).

I will put a test version here soon and I am hoping you Mac/OE/Pi users can do a bit of testing as I have only got easy access to Windows right now.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-18

Ok here's a testing version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/108804/script.xsqueeze.zip

Note:

This is rough!!
This WILL fuck up your current xsqueeze installation, so maybe back it all up before you test this
Unzip and put all of these in your addons folder
DELETE your settings - userdata/addon_data/ - nuke the script.xsqueeze folder)
Re-configure the add on - and nominate squeezelite as the player in there

I am basically interested in feed back & debug logs if you see breakage. Most importantly, I want to confirm if it does/does not run on various platforms as a starting point. The radio/app (Spotify) functionality is way off finished, and will be main area of work, as well as UI, to come....

To get spotify working in general: https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2011/01/24/spotify-on-squeezebox-now-available/#comment-40640

(you need a premium account I am pretty sure)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DecK - 2013-01-23

Hi bossanova808
Hopefully you can help me out.

Environment
XBMC Version = Frodo RC3 (Git:20121210-baaa51c) running on Win 8 X64
XSqueeze Version = 0.8.2
Server Version = Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.1 - r33735 @ Mon Nov 28 15:45:08 PST 2011 (running on Ubuntu)
Skin = Confluence

Debug Log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29729

Add-on Setting
Server IP = 192.168.0.50
Server CLI = 9090
Server HTTP = 9000
Local MAC = 00:00:00:00:00:77
Rest = defaults

When I run the addon it try's to connect to the server but nothing happens. I can see the squeezeslave-1.2-376.exe process in task manager, so I know that is firing.

I have tested the .exe directly with the following cmd, which gives me access to the server.
Code:
C:\Users\Declan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xsqueeze\resources\bin\squeezeslave-1.2-376-win\squeezeslave-1.2-376.exe -m00:00:00:00:00:77 -D 192.168.0.50
When I run this it gives a two line display "Squeezebox Home 1 of 10" and "Now Playing"
At this point I can go to the server web address and play content on the client, so squeezeslave is working.

I just can't get it to launch in XBMC.
I've read through all of this thread, the wiki and the command line switches over on http://wiki.slimdevices.com and can't see what I'm missing.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-23

hmmm ok that's a wierd one. It says it is trying to connect to server, then....nothing.

No immediate idea - maybe firewall is blocking it??

Can you maybe get a cleaner debug log without all the json stuff in it?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DecK - 2013-01-24

Sorted!
Turns out I was having an issue with port 9090, I'm guessing a conflict with some other service on the server. I switched the CLI port to 9092 on both the client and the server and now everything seems fine.

Cheers
(PS. Sorry about the cluttered log, that new search addon was the culprit)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-24

No dramas, glad you got it going. Figured it was a networking issue. Unfortunately sometimes propagating errors back from python to the log is harder than it needs to be...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-24

Ok so I am going to shortly push a version with Squeezelite integrated out (0.8.5).

I have tested it as working pretty well on Windows and OE, but OSX, Pi etc is still totally unknown. But I figure push it out and when the debug logs come in I can fix it Smile

**** YOU MUST DELETE YOUR SETTINGS AND RE-CONFIGURE XSQUEEZE - or you may experience significant issues with it ****

Note - XSqueeze will crash on alsa based systems (OpenElec etc) - if XBMC is hogging the audio device. Recent nightlies have apparently solved this lack of suspend/resume of AE with alsa...but until then - you'll have to change your audio device in xbmc to get XSqueeze to run ok.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - spoyser - 2013-01-25

I have restored an XBMC (Eden) image to my joggler so I could start from a clean slate to get the very latest version running.

But when I go to install XSqueeze from your repo I get the dreaded "Dependencies Not Met" error (why did none of the XBMC developers think of listing the dependencies at fault in these cases).

Any ideas?

Update.
Okay I manually copied the latest versions of all files over to my Joggler (from my main HTPC Frodo RC3) and then deleted the script.xsqueeze folder and the script.artistslideshow folder (for good measure) from \XBMC\userdata\addon_data

And we are good to go!!

For reference the version numbers of each addon/script are:

plugin.program.xsqueezechooser - 0.0.6 (corrected typo)
script.artistslideshow - 1.5.0
script.module.b808common - 0.0.4
script.module.xsqueezecommon - 0.0.6
script.xsqueeze - 0.8.7

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-01-25

My guess is usually artist slideshow. It lives in the main repo which may have nit yet updated on a clean install.

Unless maybe- chooser should be 0.0.6 without that extra 0. Is that your typo or mine??

By good to go - you mean all working? Have you tried with squeeze lite as the prayer too?