Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-05

@all

I will soon release a version which, when the player crashes/fails to connect, attempts to log a bit more info as to what is happening...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-05

Ok so 0.92. is out. It has more debugging going on - should maybe help root out some issues.

Confirmed working on Windows and OSX.

It would be great if you could test on Linux/Pi etc. and post *DEBUG* logs (i.e. with xbmc settings -> system -> debugging turned on - and pote your FULL logs to pastebin please...) You can PM the url if you're concerned about privacy.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jaapp - 2013-02-05

I will send you a log when I have ruled out if it's anything local. I know you're not a wizard and you need logs. I might have time to look at it this weekend.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - lunarok - 2013-02-05

Hi,

It's not working for me on Linux. I have some logs at your disposal (in debug mode)
I'm going to test on Raspbmc and Xbian if possible tonight
Is it normal you do +x only on squeezeslave binary ? or just a comment but you do +x also on squeezelite

20:43:31 T:139782763042560 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/cedric/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.xsqueeze" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### XSqueeze-0.9.2: ### uname is: ('Linux', 'lunaria', '3.8.0-4-generic', '#8-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 1 18:02:56 UTC 2013', 'x86_64')
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### XSqueeze-0.9.2: ### System is linux
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### (linux/arm) chmod +x the Squeezeslave binaries - success
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) ********************* Starting ...
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### Called as: ['script.xsqueeze']
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'logNotify' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/cedric/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py", line 131, in <module>
logNotify("Error - couldn't copy & load custom keymap: " + str(inst))
NameError: name 'logNotify' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:43:31 T:139782763042560 INFO: Python script stopped

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - lunarok - 2013-02-05

For what I see, same "script error" in Xbian. Not looking for log now.
So, if related to way of loading keymap will be same on any linux/raspberry.
Yesterday was better with 0.90

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Cohech - 2013-02-06

I'm having the same problem as lunarok above. I'm running on Windows and this is the first time I've tried using XSqueeze.

21:25:33 T:4252 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) ********************* Starting ...
21:25:33 T:4252 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.2 ### Called as: ['script.xsqueeze']
21:25:33 T:4252 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'logNotify' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xsqueeze\default.py", line 131, in <module>
logNotify("Error - couldn't copy & load custom keymap: " + str(inst))
NameError: name 'logNotify' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<-

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-06

hmm ok that's wierd - in line 131 of 0.9.2 XSqueeze, that it 'logNotice' not 'logNotify' - at least, it is here.

Maybe I screwed up the packaging? I will do a new release just to be sure.

Give me half an hour

(confirmed - yeah I did, not sure how, but will fix ASAP)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-06

Ok - 0.9.4 with packaging fixes done - please 'force refresh' the b808 repo and you should get it...should solve the above...

Ok so I have set up a OE machine for testing (and am working on a Pi) - it seems clear, though, that suspending AE doesn't work on linux. I thought this was fixed before Frodo went out but from what I can see, it hasn't been.

In which case, we might be a bit stuck...but I will see what I can do and talk to devs etc.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - lunarok - 2013-02-06

Hi,

It's working for me with 0.9.4 under Linux (not Raspberry Pi, a pure Ubuntu 13.04 on a laptop running XBMC 12 from xbm-team ppa)
Going to check with raspbmc now.
Hi again,

Not working with Raspbmc (with AE enabled or not)
Try with player activated or a simple controller, not working saying cannot connect to player in the second case.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - lunarok - 2013-02-07

Same also on Xbian (another distribution for Raspberry)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-07

Yeah I think that OE RC2 might not have the final AE fix in it for suspend/resume, that might the issue - if it's working on general linux, then that's most like it I'd say. When I run it it definitely can't start the player because the audio device is hogged - so hopeflly OE RC3/Final will fix it by having the very last Frodo fixes in it...

I will try and do some Rasp Pi testing soon...

Thanks very much for testing. In particular I want Pi to work as it seems such a perfect fit - basically a graphical squeezebox for $35....plus XBMC as a bonus Wink

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-07

UPDATE in RASPBERRY PI:

Ok so on Pi with Raspbmc if I:

sudo modprobe snd-bcm2835

(and use:
Code:
echo "snd-bcm2835" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules

...to make it so that happens at boot up automatically)

...then it works with 0.9.4. It's slow, of course, and I am using the 'super' profile to get it to be sort of bearable bearable. But playback is working with squeezelite (even Spotify!)...although there is some crackling, which is probably my headphones but had to tell. This is using the analog out. I don't have HDMI here to test that.

@paul Webster - any chance you want to take another crack at this just to confirm and possibly apply some pulse/alsa wizardry?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - xvlun - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 00:54)bossanova808 Wrote: Yeah I think that OE RC2 might not have the final AE fix in it for suspend/resume, that might the issue - if it's working on general linux, then that's most like it I'd say. When I run it it definitely can't start the player because the audio device is hogged - so hopeflly OE RC3/Final will fix it by having the very last Frodo fixes in it...

do you know if that patch has been integrated somewhere into the openelec sources? or what i would have to look for myself in the commits? if it has been merged i would try to build it myself to test if that problem persists.

I would be pretty confident it has made it in by now, but I don't really know to be honest. But the fix was committed to main XBMC just before RC2 was released...