Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-12

Try updating to a nightly which should fix the error you are getting (xbmc is hogging the audio device).

Note posting logs to the forum is against forum rules, use pastebin!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jaapp - 2013-02-12

I'll wait for the next official release. Thanks for your reply

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-13

Looks like 12.1 will occur in +- a moth or two, so shouldn't be a massive wait. Basically, once AE is tidied up and suspend/resume works across all platforms, most XSqueeze issues will disappear and we'll be back to a pretty simple working scenario...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - snoopy86 - 2013-02-16

Hi,

your repo is empty. I also tried to install this manualy (version 0.9.5) but the plugin can't connect to my squeezebox server. If i try to open xsqueezechooser, xbmc crashes.

Running final frodo.

Crash log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35970

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-16

The empty repo thing is really weird as I haven't made any recent changes - I susecpt googlecode is having an issue.

You can get the downloads here:
http://code.google.com/p/bossanova808-xbmc-addons/source/browse/#git%2Frepository-downloads

You can't open chooser outside of xsqueeze.

Have you installed all 4 components? (including b808 common)

I'm not really interested in log snippets - the whole thing. Must have said that 100 times in this thread. I know that's not your fault but seriously - it's the same for everything, all over xbmc - full debug logs are needed to solve issues. For example, I would know whether or not you've missed part of the manual install...but now I can't tell.

(and I just force refreshed the repo and all my addons were there again - so I think temporary googlecode glitch was indeed the issue there)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - snoopy86 - 2013-02-16

Ok, i have managed to get it to work. Python version in your addons was outdated. It should be 2.1.0.

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-16

No that's probably not it. I have it running on 6 separate frodo installs on all platforms without doing that. If I do make that change then XSqueeze breaks on Eden and/or I have to maintain two versions. So I am hesitant to do so.

Again, with a proper log I'd be able to confirm or not, and see platform details etc. to see if on a particular platform that really is needed.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-17

V0.9.6 released - incorporate the final v1 squeezelite player

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moonwhaler - 2013-02-19

Hi there!

First off: incredible effort on your side implementing this feature into the XBMC world. Thank you!

I'm mostly an oldtimer from the old XBMP age (XBOX) and now using XBMC for all kinds of things. To cut the long story short: I also tried using XSqueeze in combination with Openelec (Nightly: OpenELEC-ION.x86_64-devel-20130217182054-r13335), but what I got was "no sound" when using "Squeezelite" player on the machine. Movies & other streams had no problem with that.

The setup:

ZOTAC ZBOX ID 84 Plus
Openelec 64-bit ION nightly (see above)
Installed ActivePerl + Logitech Mediaserver (on the same machine, "perl ./slimserver.pl" (as "root", group "root"))
Installed your addon + commons (manually, same error >> no files in repo, seems to be a nightly issue; worked fine with RC3)
Sound output via HDMI (channels 2.0 to TV)

Checked "chmod +x", everything fine so far & muted selection/navigation sounds in XBMC. Started XSqueeze, tried to start a radio channel: no sound via TV speaker (> silence). When starting the same radio channel via server on other Squeezeboxes in my apartement I could listen to sweet music.

I have no explanation for that, although I read there were problems with ALSA in older OE builds (that's why I switched to nightlies).

I enabled DEBUG in XBMC, restarted the box and tried everything again. So here's the log file:
http://storage.nordinary.com/OpenELEC-ION.x86_64-devel-20130217182054-r13335.tar__xbmc_log.rar

Thank you for your help!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-20

Hmm, - it looks like the server is running, the player is running, and it is playing a song ok. Can you see the cover art, track progress etc?

My first guess is a volume issue - you maybe have the volume down too low or something? It appears to open the audio device ok. You *might* need to experiment with the squeezelite options on the command as perhaps it's using the wrong audio output. If you can start it on the command line using an appropriate -o swtich, and get sound (control the player from the LMS web interface for testing) - then you just copy that output command into the XSqueeze settings and away you go.

Re: the rest - I had the empty repo thing till I did a force refresh - then it was fine. I am not sure why, though (on a Widnows box with Frodo final). Does yours remain empty after a force refresh?

It *might* be the Python version thing mentioned above - to be honest I am happy enough to drop support for Eden now Frodo is out, although I was planning to keep it until the reputed 12.1 was out with the various audio engine fixes in it etc.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moonwhaler - 2013-02-20

Thanks for the reply!

Since you mentioned the displaying of "cover art" / "song name": yes it did. I also installed the audio mixer addon to be sure everything was 100%, which it was. So I don't see any issue here. "Volume too low" was not the case with videos/movies playing or other music streaming stuff inside OE, so I guess that's not the problem either...

I will look into your suggestion with the Squeezelite command line output options. Maybe something is missing (wrong output channel etc.).

Is there an ETA on 12.1 yet?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-20

The XSqueeze volume, because it is using an external player, is completely independent of the xbmc volume. XBMC's audio output/settings has nothing to do with XSqueeze.

If you get it going from the command line it's usually very easy from there. Most likely it's using the wrong output.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-24

Just a heads up - tested XSqueeze with OpenElec RC3 and it seems all the audioengine issue are gone, it is working as on other platforms now.

So currently cross platform support (using either lite or slave) - is, as far as I am aware - fully back! Yay! (the Pi is still a bit shakey/slow but not much I can do about that I think).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mzup - 2013-02-24

Trying to get this to work on openelec system RC3. In RC2 it would not even open. Now it opens but no sound.
I have entered the LMS server's IP address. I have Xsqueeze set to local playback.

Hope you can shed some light on what I am doing wrong.

http://pastebin.com/qAZ1cw3n

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-24

Look at the IP address of your server setting in that log. Only 192.168.102 - Missing a dot there I would say.