Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-28

softsqueeze = ancient. Squuezeslave = quite old, apparently good for syncing. Squeezeplay = modern replacement for softsqueeze. Squeezelite = recent, and based on squeezeplay audio code.

Generally I would use the lite player in XSqueeze and squeezelite (headless) or squeezeplay (gui) for seperate systems.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Marsupial - 2013-02-28

I can't manage to get squeezeSlave to work on my machines. Go figure.

This said, if I put xsqueeze with the squeezeSlave settings, it is behind almost a second compared to 2 other synced squeeseLites. If I put xsqueeze in squeeze lite mode, it is ahead. Really odd. Sometimes it would be synced, but the next song wouldn't necessarily. It was somewhat frustrating, thinking "got it" and having non-synced demo to the family right after. lol.

So I decided to run squeezelite on the machine, and run separately. I don't quite get it but that way I have an almost constant proper sync.
I figured you were genius when you made the plugin act as both a player and display to cover all needs...

Only problem, if I set xSqueeze to not behave as a player, it tells me that it can't connect the player when I try to launch it. I don't understand.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-02-28

The player must br running, active, and connected to LMS first (confirm in LMS web interface). Specify the correct Mac.

that should always work - if not, send me a debug log.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Marsupial - 2013-02-28

You were right, it was the mac. I didn't realize installing it outside of XBMC would lead to a different MAC.
Thanks a lot! this plugin is awesome!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - niteowl - 2013-03-01

I just wanted to thank you for this plugin. I have never enjoyed cooking as much as I do now thanks to the impromptu clubbing that happens with my children when I play something upbeat in the kitchen. Although I often wonder what the neighbours, who can see straight into our house, must make of it. Perhaps they think it's our version of the harlem shake. Thanks again and please keep up the impressive work!!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-02

Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - waltonb - 2013-03-02

I've been trying to get this working without much success.

Trying to work around using HDMI (since that device is captured by xmbc), I've setup my squeezelite to use the onboard Intel audio. But, even though it all seems happily playing music, I hear no sound.

I've tried the alsamixer trick, to be sure my device is unmuted. I'm using the optical spdif out of my hardware (zotac zbox) straight into my Marantz AVR optical input. No sound at all.

Everything else on the xbmc side works great through the HDMI audio.

I've tried squeezelite -o <device> at the command line, with debug mode turned on. There are no errors. It even reports when I pause/resume the music via the LMS web interface.

I'm out of ideas, can anyone think of what I may be missing?

thanks -bruce.

UPDATE: no sooner did I post than I thought to try messing with the input settings on the AVR. Turns out that per-channel it can select only HDMI *or* Optical but not BOTH. Doh. Which means no video if I select optical audio. How is this supposed to work?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - waltonb - 2013-03-02

UPDATE2: I can set the AVR to select either audio input, so now I"m happily playing Xsqueeze. I love the slideshow! It seems able to scrape info/photos of some very obscure artists. Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-02

Glad you got it working. The bio and pics come script.atistslideshow made by ronie/pkscout...I convinced pkscout to make it embeddable...might as well do something with the screentime!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - waltonb - 2013-03-03

Thanks for this add-on. Very neat. Better than the on-board xbmc music player imho, since it builds upon my existing LMS music library seamlessly.

Squeezelite is even able to play my surround mixes though the spdif, I was surprised that it "just works". I can see this replacing my old trusty squeezebox touch very easily.

The only thing which seems glitchy are the controls at the bottom of the screen. They seem to be lagging by some long amount of time. Like if I push one it takes literally a minute or two to affect anything. But I can get around this by using orange squeeze on my android to control it, and that works fine.

Thanks again, nice hackery.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-04

What platform? I have noticed this only on OE on a low power system (Atom processor). All my other systems seem to keep up just fine. Remote handling on OE sucks - it's always positively laggy/slow even in XBMC itself but yeah in XSqueeze it goes crazy slow at times, haven't yet been able to figure out why.

Pi can be slow, too. So I suspected it's mostly just wimpy CPUs...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - waltonb - 2013-03-06

I'm using xbmcbuntu on a zotac zbox:

Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz

Not a huge deal... I had been using xbmc to catalog a huge music
collection, so that was surely slowing things down just having that
big database there. Now I've removed that store and I'm just using
Xsqueeze to play music, it seems to behave much better.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-06

Yeah, I think it's CPU related for sure then. Glad that now you are no longer thrashing the machine it's working well for you Smile

Happy listening!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - WolvesPhil - 2013-03-15

Not sure where I am going wrong with this, I have LMS installed and confirmed working by using the web interface so my guess is that I need help getting the plugin to talk to LMS

When starting the plugin in XBMC I get
Code:
7:42 T:2028 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) ********************* Starting ...
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Called as: ['script.xsqueeze']
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Installed custom keymap
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Suspended XBMC AE
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Starting local player [squeezelite], system is [windows]
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Attempting to start player: ['C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\reso​urces\\bin\\windows\\squeezelite.exe', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.1.100']
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Path is: ['C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.xsqueeze', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.dialoga​ddonscan\\lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\addons\\weather.wunderground\\resources\\lib\\wunderground', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.xsqueez​ecommon\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.myconnp​y\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.beautif​ulsoup\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.common.plugin.​cache\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.ddlscra​per\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.mechani​ze\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.xbmcswi​ft\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.t0mm0.c​ommon\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.chardet​\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.simplej​son\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.b808com​mon\\lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.pil\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.simple.​downloader\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.parsedo​m\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.element​tree\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.web.viewer\\li​b', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.pysqlite\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.module.metahan​dler\\lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python\\DLLs', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python\\Lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\python26.zip', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python\\lib\\lib-tk', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\XBMC\\system\\python\\lib\\site-packages', '', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\reso​urces\\lib\\classes', 'C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\reso​urces\\lib']
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Process ID for player is 5580
15:18:26 T:5160 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.7 ### Brief pause for dust to settle: Default 2 seconds plus user requested seconds: 0[/code
]

After that nothing happens

Or if that has worked how do I then play something?

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-15

Need FULL debug log on pastebin please!!