Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jshoor - 2013-03-20

You are right! I am now on 0.1.3 and favorites are working. Thank you very much!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-20

No probs. The windowing code thing is proving tougher but I will try and figure it out. Top be honest - if you choose music it drops away correctly so it's not a huge issue in practise unless you go into chooser and don't choose anything Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jshoor - 2013-03-20

Who would think that exiting an addon would be difficult. Thanks a lot for looking into it. I hate to see the app crash.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-20

Well it doesn't really crash in normal use but yeah it's not cool and at the moment thanks to some xbmc change it's popping up an error message when it doesn't need to, so it at all possible I will try fix it to force it back to the main xsqueeze window no matter what...but there's a lot of limitations on plugins (i.e. the chooser) - rather than scripts (XSqueeze). but no way I will re-write the chooser to a script, that's way way more work without a lot of benefit I think

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - WolvesPhil - 2013-03-20

I have this working now and I like the look of it :-)

I have a couple of questions however

1. Is is possible to have shuffle / random mode when playing music?
2. How do playlists work? I have one setup but cannot find it in chooser

Thanks for all your work on this plugin, this looks like something I will be using a lot.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-21

1. Yep, that's what the shuffle and repeat screen buttons do - they cycle between the shuffle/repeat modes theat LMS offers. Unfortuantely no visual feedback in XSqueeze but it's not hard to work out. Might add a pop up actually

2. I don't use them (well, I do in Spotify but those work), might have forgotten to put support for them in - I'll have a look! Shouldn't be hard to add.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-21

Ok pushed a release that supports queuing LMS playlists and notifies on shuffle/repeat state changes (use the onscreen buttons to change!).

....0.9.9 out now at your local b808 repo!

@jshoor - the exit via backspace issue looks like it might be too hard to solve.

Here's the thing though - it doesn't crash here is you use backspace - you just need to press it once extra once you're in the programs menu to drop back to XSqueeze. Can you try the latest and send me a debug log if it crashes?

Also, if you choose music - it works and drops back to XSqueeze as expected (and let's fact it this is 99% of what people do with the Chooser!).

Also - XBMC has two ways of going back 'little back' = backspace and 'big back/exit' = escape. Both of these should be programmed on your remote if you want a happy XBMC life - the harder exit is super handy for jumping right out of things and/or back to the home screen. So on my Harmony, for example, I have the back key programmed to do little back and the 'exit' key to do the big back. And I normally use the exit key for most things (I've made it so that also stops playing media etc to make the behaviour consistent.

I will keep trying but this might be a thing to work around rather than solve with code I am afraid!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - shadowtd - 2013-03-23

Shockingly nooby question here:

After trying and failing to get my house audio system based on Airplay & Airfoil to work nicely in sync with my RasPi, I decided to give a Squeezebox based solution a go. So LMS installed on the Mac, Squeezeplay installed and working brilliantly (cracking app!). OpenELEC installed on the Pi and XSqueeze installed via the zip repo as suggested. And this is where I come unstuck - I've entered the IP address of the Mac with LMS running on it, and the MAC address of the Pi itself but no matter whether I select Squeezelite or Squeezeslave the plugin says it cannot start the player. Do I have to install whichever player I want separately? The instructions seem to indicate both are included as part of XSqueeze but that could just be me reading them wrong.

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-23

XSqueeze can do both - be a controller only for an external player (be it physical or a software player you've manually installed) - or start it's own player for playback. You can choose between these options, and configure them, in the settings. It's all in the wiki Add-on:XSqueeze (wiki)

It sounds like maybe you have a player running and are then using that MAC in XSqueeze? So you're trying to use controller mode?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-23, 18:50)shadowtd Wrote: Shockingly nooby question here:

After trying and failing to get my house audio system based on Airplay & Airfoil to work nicely in sync with my RasPi, I decided to give a Squeezebox based solution a go. So LMS installed on the Mac, Squeezeplay installed and working brilliantly (cracking app!). OpenELEC installed on the Pi and XSqueeze installed via the zip repo as suggested. And this is where I come unstuck - I've entered the IP address of the Mac with LMS running on it, and the MAC address of the Pi itself but no matter whether I select Squeezelite or Squeezeslave the plugin says it cannot start the player. Do I have to install whichever player I want separately? The instructions seem to indicate both are included as part of XSqueeze but that could just be me reading them wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Also make sure that you manually change the MAC Address in Xsqueeze's settings on one of your units... you may be running into an issue where it cannot start because you have 2 devices with the same MAC Address.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - shadowtd - 2013-03-24

I'm trying to use the Pi as a standalone Squeezebox, which once I have working I'll try to sync with Squeezeplay on the Mac. So I'm not trying to control another player but play locally on the Pi. I've changed the MAC address to the one for the Pi which I obtained from my router.

I read the Wiki a few times. The only thing I didn't check was for the presence of the Squeezeslave directory.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-03-24

If you're using XSqueeze as the player, then do NOT use the MAC Id of your pi. Just use a basic made up one, like 00:00:00:00:00:11 or something.

If you're still stuck, post a debug log

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - shadowtd - 2013-03-24

*sigh* I love Linux.

First thing I realised was I'd downloaded a nightly image. So I found a 2.99.5 img and installed that. Installed XSqueeze, added it to the main menu as described, entered settings (including leaving the default dummy MAC of 1, also tried 11). Still the same problem, so now I try to get the logfiles. Except SSH doesn't seem to be working in this version of OpenELEC - tried disabling the 'Enable anonymous login' open in OpenELEC settings and also the ssh_enable file using SMB - nada.

I did manage to find a zip in the Logfiles share and in the 01_XBMC.log file is the following entry:

T:2859824224 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### ERROR RESULT: /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezeslave: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So:

A) Is this the log file you are looking for? </starwars> If so, I'll Dropbox the whole thing
B) If not, has anyone else had any experience with this SSH problem?

I promise you, I'm normally a lot more competent than this!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2013-03-24

I do not think that Openelec has alsa installed at the moment. I have not tried to get XSqueeze working on a Pi in a while, but when I did I had to use Xbian.