Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Syntera - 2013-04-07

So there is no way to run XSqueeze on a Pi with Openelec?
I tried the modprobe but that doesn't work because the module could not be found.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-07, 16:07)Syntera Wrote: So there is no way to run XSqueeze on a Pi with Openelec?
I tried the modprobe but that doesn't work because the module could not be found.

You can run Xsqueeze as a controller on any XBMC install. As far as getting squeezeslave/squeezelite working, that will not work until the Openelec devs add alsa back into the builds... and I do not believe it is a high priority at the moment.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Syntera - 2013-04-07

thanks.
I did a reinstall with Raspbmc and that works perfectly.

(was a bit more work to get the networkshares mounted again and shared sql library back..)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-08

So when did OE Pi take alsa out again? It was working ok a few weeks ago?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Syntera - 2013-04-08

I tried searching for the answer of my next question, but got lost in too many irrelevant results..

Is it possible to have Squeezelite running in the background (so LMS sees it always) and open the addon automatically as soon as I press play on LMS?
Reason I ask is that I use my xbmc's for more then just music and having to open the addon every time in every room is a bit cumbersome, so if I can circumvent that, that would be great Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-09

See Add-on:XSqueeze (wiki). You can run squeezelite/slave outside of XSqueeze.

You'd need to maybe write your own bit of code (XBMC service addon) to trigger the start XSqueeze automatically at playback. It would simply sit there querying the playback state on LMS (via telnet or JSON) - and then start XSqueeze if the mode switches to play.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Syntera - 2013-04-09

I was hoping someone had already tried that and created a nice "how-to" since I am not a programmer Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-09

You're never too old to learn Wink Maybe someone wil help you out...I dodn't have the time right now and I don't really use it like that myself. But I can see why it would be good...maybe one day....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gizmooo - 2013-04-09

Hi,
i have installed XSqueeze on my Raspberry using Xbian but i cannot connect to my LMS Server, the LMS Server is working, i have here several Clients that are connected to the Server.... I also have got no network Problems on the PI, i can use other Services in my Network and can connect to the Internet etc..... Where is the Logfiles located!?

I have tested Squeezeslave from a Windows Client when i try that: Squeezeslave.exe 192.168.0.1 there is no error or something.....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-10

Need full debug log on pastebin. Log snippets are against forum rules, and you've chopped off the important stuff.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gizmooo - 2013-04-10

Sorry, here is the Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10996

[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-10

Still not a debug log I think? Can you do another minimal one with debugging on. Start xbmc. Start XSqueeze just once, Then exit, upload log.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Syntera - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-09, 13:08)bossanova808 Wrote: You're never too old to learn Wink Maybe someone wil help you out...I dodn't have the time right now and I don't really use it like that myself. But I can see why it would be good...maybe one day....

I think it's faster and more effective if I just order another Pi as a dedicated Squeezeplug Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - videostorm2 - 2013-04-10

Has anyone had any luck with xsqueeze on xbian alpha 5?

I have tried it and had 2 issues:

1. libasound2 was not installed. This was easy to fix...

2. squeezelite will not run standalone => it fails because it doesn't find any output devices
This of course cause xsqueeze to report "Can't connect to player"
Strangely, even if I disable local playback xsqueeze will still try to run squeezelite and fail the same way
this might be a bug....

Anyway, I am stuck on the issue where squeezelite is reporting no devices. -l option only shows NULL as a device...
I checked the asound.conf and there should be a default device mapped to HW:0,0
and the snd-bcm2835 is loaded (by default)

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - videostorm2 - 2013-04-10

Now I understand that if you disable local playback you still need to put in the mac address of a valid (external) player. When I do that I can connect and control that player.

It would be nice to be able to change players on the fly in the app Smile

Local playback still doesn't work though, so anyones input on that would be much appreciated.