Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gizmooo - 2013-04-11

i have the same problem with Xbian Alpha5.... i allways get the error cannot connect to player.... The Plugin try to connect to the LMS Server...i get a errro..... after this i get the errror cannot connect to player....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - jimothy78 - 2013-04-12

Hello everyone,
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm running Openelec on the RPi. I've installed the XSqueeze repo and installed it following the wiki install instructions. I've configured Xsqueeze player to connect to my LMS (Vortexbox 2.2, already tested with a Squeezeplug player ok.) When I run XSqueeze I get the following error on the screen "Could not connect to player"

I've uploaded the debug here

The relevant section of the log looks like this (I think):
Code:
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.0.12] at IP:  192.168.0.12 on CLI port: 9090
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### LMS Logged in: True
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### LMS Version: 7.7.2
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Attempting to connect to player: 00:00:00:00:00:01
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Player is None! 00:00:00:00:00:01
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ###  Couldn't connect to player: 00:00:00:00:00:01

I can't understand why XSqueeze can't connect to itself.

I've tried using squeezeslave for the CLI but I'm getting bash error saying that squeezeslave doesn't exist, even though ls shoes it to exist.

Any help would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks

James

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-15

Sorry - was away a few days. School holidays are over now so I am getting back to normal.

./squeezeslave - you need the ./ in front of it as the local directory is not in your PATH by default on unix.

For the rest - I am happy to have a look, but only if you upload a *full debug log* to xbmclogs or pastebin.

Also - ***** make sure you have followed the wiki and done the modprobe thing successfully to have alsa running - which is where I suspect maybe you have all gone wrong so far. I can see the errors that result from not havinh done this in some of the logs above.

Please go to the wiki, follow the advice here, try again, and report back with a full debug log if you're still having issues.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moddingtom - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-12, 10:16)jimothy78 Wrote: Hello everyone,
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm running Openelec on the RPi. I've installed the XSqueeze repo and installed it following the wiki install instructions. I've configured Xsqueeze player to connect to my LMS (Vortexbox 2.2, already tested with a Squeezeplug player ok.) When I run XSqueeze I get the following error on the screen "Could not connect to player"

I've uploaded the debug here

The relevant section of the log looks like this (I think):
Code:
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.0.12] at IP:  192.168.0.12 on CLI port: 9090
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### LMS Logged in: True
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### LMS Version: 7.7.2
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Attempting to connect to player: 00:00:00:00:00:01
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ### Player is None! 00:00:00:00:00:01
16:58:43 T:2910631008   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-0.9.9 ###  Couldn't connect to player: 00:00:00:00:00:01

I can't understand why XSqueeze can't connect to itself.

I've tried using squeezeslave for the CLI but I'm getting bash error saying that squeezeslave doesn't exist, even though ls shoes it to exist.

Any help would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks

James

Hi
I have exactly the same issue. Installed the add-on but it can't connect to my LMS server. I know it's working because my other devices can connect.
I have followed the instructions in the wiki and connected via SSH and ran the suggested commands, but the add-on still doesn't recognise my LMS (I have tried two, one on a NAS and one on a Windows 7 PC, both running fine).

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly welcomed.

Many thanks for taking the time to develop and support this.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-15

Full debug log, please.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moddingtom - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 14:32)bossanova808 Wrote: Full debug log, please.

Yep of course, no problem........

How do I do that?? Apologies, can't find it in the wiki.

(2013-04-15, 14:42)moddingtom Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 14:32)bossanova808 Wrote: Full debug log, please.

Yep of course, no problem........

How do I do that?? Apologies, can't find it in the wiki.

Apologies, didn't "RTFM".... Undecided

I have tried to copy the log into this post, but I get an error saying that the post is too long. So here's the link to the uploaded log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12165

Many thanks ion advance for the help.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-16

Yep - all logs need to go to pastebin/xbmclog or similar.

Hmm, no immediate clues there - if you ssh into the pi, can you then ping your server at 192.168.0.200?

On that server - are you sure LMS is occupying the 9090 port - 9090 is the default for LMS, but other thigns can block the port (e.g. if you have XBMC on the server, the JSON server also runs on 9090 by default unfortunately). You can tell LMS to use another port (and then change the XSqueeze port too of course).

Basically, I think you have more of a general networking issue here than XSqueeze..so the best thing is to get the player working manually from the command line and work from there....

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - moddingtom - 2013-04-16

(2013-04-16, 03:50)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep - all logs need to go to pastebin/xbmclog or similar.

Hmm, no immediate clues there - if you ssh into the pi, can you then ping your server at 192.168.0.200?

On that server - are you sure LMS is occupying the 9090 port - 9090 is the default for LMS, but other thigns can block the port (e.g. if you have XBMC on the server, the JSON server also runs on 9090 by default unfortunately). You can tell LMS to use another port (and then change the XSqueeze port too of course).

Basically, I think you have more of a general networking issue here than XSqueeze..so the best thing is to get the player working manually from the command line and work from there....

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes I can ping the server from the Pi, no problem.
I have tried 2 LMS servers, one running on a NAS and one on a Windows 7 PC. Neither devices have any other media sharing / playing software installed.

I don't really want to change the port numbers on the server, as all of my other squeezebox player devices (Ipod, android phone, Tablet, squeezeslave devices, ect) are all running fine with the existing settings. Therefore I think it has something to do with the configuration on the Pi rather than with my network

Regarding playing from the command line, how do I do this? The wiki states the following:

Code:
Go to the addon folder/resources/bin/squeezeslave-XXXXX/squeezeslave-SYSTEM directory (where X is the version number, and SYSTEM is win, Linux or OSX)

However, I can't find that directory.

Any clues please?

Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-17

hmmm is xbmc on the pi running json? If so it might be blocking the port 9090. So you could change that port instead.

I don't really know the pi folder structure which will depend on your distro but I am sure if you poke in the distro forums it will become clear where the addons live...somewhere in the userdata folder, basically.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Javlin - 2013-04-17

Hello Im Currently trying to run squeeze on my windows computer

I have setup LMS server and changed the Https and CLI port to 9001 and 9091.

I have been able to connect finally after changing ports and using IP address of 127.0.0.1

But in LMS it says my LMS server ip is 192.168.05 << this the address of windows computer and all my shares? But it will not connect on this address.

When I close Squeeze after connecting it just hangs and says cool your jets when I hit the X in corner and then nothing happens. I then have to force close xbmc.

When I try and connect with same settings on pi and change the last digit of the Mac address to 7 it will not connect to server. I have double checked settings multiple times. My friend is also having no success, I think a revise of the guide is in order as the basic steps are having no success for us is there anything I'm missing?

Happy to provide logs which ones do you require?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-04-17

Full xbmc debug log on pastebin or xbmclogs (see wiki)

So LMS is running on the same machine as XBMC then? I guess it must be if 127.0.0.1 connects. I can't see why the IP would not work when the loopback does, odd. And you can then play music etc as expected?

On Windows I never get any hangs on exit or anything really.

Re: the Pi - you may be right although I tried it a few weeks back with no issues (on xbian and raspbmc at least) I suspect in that case your are not doing the modprobe thing successfully. The last log I saw here about that definitely had the errors in it that result from not having alsa loaded.

As ever, full xbmc debug logs may give glues....very often they do.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Javlin - 2013-04-17

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12490

I found the error in one Log it now exits properly.

I had artistslideshow disabled from a old setup. If that is disabled program hangs on exit.

Yes it plays music with the 127.0.01 address and yes on the same machine as xbmc.

I will get logs now with different address in there.

EDIT

All working now after doing the sudo command with RaspMc and enabling artistslidshow. Recommend these tips to everyone.

Yeah artist slideshow is a dependency. Haven't encountered it being disabled before, not sure I can test for that. The exit is messy (basically script to script with xbmc python is not awesome...), but quit a bit of testing has got it to this point where it's normally pretty reliable as long as people don't do out pof the ordinary stuff like install then disable artist.slideshow...

The 127.0.0.1 vs external IP thing - not sure I will be able to do much about it, it's probably a networking library quirk somewhere. But logs may help!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gizmooo - 2013-04-17

haha, this is crazy, i have UNINSTALLED artistslidshow on my PI and now it works!?