Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-18

squeezelite is a headless player - if nothing happens, that's a good thing (i.e. no errors). The 'squeezelite 2' thing indicates that two squeezelite players have been connected at some point I think.

There's no reason I can think of (nor any previous error report) - about squeezelite working from commandline and not from xsqueeze. So I think you msut have a setting wrong. A common error is to change a setting then hit 'back' rather than 'ok' at the bottom (setting then doesn't save). In your addon_settings folder, can you post the settings.xml for xsqueeze and/or screenshot your xsqueeze settings?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - dwl99 - 2013-09-18

(2013-09-18, 08:49)bossanova808 Wrote: squeezelite is a headless player - if nothing happens, that's a good thing (i.e. no errors). The 'squeezelite 2' thing indicates that two squeezelite players have been connected at some point I think.

There's no reason I can think of (nor any previous error report) - about squeezelite working from commandline and not from xsqueeze. So I think you msut have a setting wrong. A common error is to change a setting then hit 'back' rather than 'ok' at the bottom (setting then doesn't save). In your addon_settings folder, can you post the settings.xml for xsqueeze and/or screenshot your xsqueeze settings?
Thanks - I've copied settings.xml from /home/dwl/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xsqueeze - is this the correct one? Screenshots also attached.

settings.xml

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-18

OK that settings.XML is actually a log. Its also from an old openelec?? The screenshots look OK though. Can you maybe try again on the settings.xml and do a debug log again and I will have a closer look.

I don't have a Ubuntu setup to try unfortunately.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - dwl99 - 2013-09-18

(2013-09-18, 15:27)bossanova808 Wrote: OK that settings.XML is actually a log. Its also from an old openelec?? The screenshots look OK though. Can you maybe try again on the settings.xml and do a debug log again and I will have a closer look.

I don't have a Ubuntu setup to try unfortunately.
Thanks - can someone running XBMCbuntu help me with the location of the settings.xml file? I've had a look through the directories with winscp but cannot locate it.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-09-18

I've tried following the wiki and I am almost there.

My main issue is the fact that I have no sound at all, but I also experience slow navigation and a lack of player controls.

Here's my log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59678

Thanks in advance for your support, this add-on seems to be the missing link in my perfect XBMC set up!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-19

@dwl99 - That's the right spot I think - /home/dwl/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xsqueeze - but the file you linked is not that....

@tyler - sorry missed your post. What's your hardware? Everything looks ok there on the face of it. Have you checked volume? It may be you need to specify an audio output to get it to work. Can you run it from the command line and get sound? Have you tried squeezelite instead?

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - blueturtles - 2013-09-20

(2013-09-16, 03:50)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok it's definitely a server connection error (usually the easy part).

Can you drop out to the command line and run it manually and see what it says?

Basically like this:
### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.77']

so I guess:
/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 -m 00:00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.77

It's most likely a basic networking issue - is that definitely the right IP? is the port open on the server? etc.

...also, once you can connect to server, you might want to give your XSqueeze a better MAC ID - a fake unique one, as this is what is used to register the player with mysqueezebox.com as a unique player, which allows various serverices to work, like Pandora etc.

(2013-09-16, 03:50)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok it's definitely a server connection error (usually the easy part).

Can you drop out to the command line and run it manually and see what it says?

Basically like this:
### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.77']

so I guess:
/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 -m 00:00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.77

It's most likely a basic networking issue - is that definitely the right IP? is the port open on the server? etc.

...also, once you can connect to server, you might want to give your XSqueeze a better MAC ID - a fake unique one, as this is what is used to register the player with mysqueezebox.com as a unique player, which allows various serverices to work, like Pandora etc.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-21

?

I think the above is missing something.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Morbeas - 2013-09-22

Hi there, thank you for this wonderful plug-in. Sorry if this seems like a newbie question but I think I have a problem with the MAC address I'm supposed to put in the settings. If I put in the MAC of my Touch, things seem ok and I can connect to it. But what do I put there if I want to use the local Squeezelite player? I tried putting in the MAC address of the machine XBMC runs on (Windows 8 x64) but that didn't seem to work.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Morbeas - 2013-09-22

Sorry, didn't know log snipets were banned.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-23

Basically any fake MAC should work (why do people keep using this weird 23:23 one??).

If you have trouble, post a full debug log to pastebin please - it's definitely working fine under windows in general, that's what I use.

Note log snippets are banned form the forum, you should remove the above....

Actually:
16:21:45 T:1432 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### ERROR RESULT: [16:21:45.027] test_open:442 error opening stream: Unanticipated host error
[16:21:45.027] output_init:1391 unable to open output device

This means xbmc is blocking the audio device. Are you using a Gotham nightly maybe, with WASAPI? I think this (xbmc releasing audio) is currently broken....

Otherwise, turn off GUI sounds maybe?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Morbeas - 2013-09-23

I'm using Frodo 12.2 with WASAPI and GUI sounds are disabled.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Morbeas - 2013-09-24

I guess I'm beyond help? Sad

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-19, 07:50)bossanova808 Wrote: @tyler - sorry missed your post. What's your hardware? Everything looks ok there on the face of it. Have you checked volume? It may be you need to specify an audio output to get it to work. Can you run it from the command line and get sound? Have you tried squeezelite instead?

Hardware for this particular set up is an Acer Revo R3610.

Volume is up, and music and videos play in the normal way from the standard library.
I couldn't work out how to do the command line thing, sorry.
I have tried both Squeezelite and Slave.

I should add that when I enter the XSqueeze addon and start a track playing it get stuck and have to cycle the power on the unit.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-09-27

Sorry @Morbeus - been very busy. I will have to try some things out, not sure of current status to be honest....I did try on a Win platform and had an error too, which was odd.

I am super busy at work, though. So please be patient, I'll post back once I had a chance to test my two main platforms, windows and OE. Actually, I have an old Mac I ma testing too.

@tyler - you're gonna need to get friendly with the command line to solve yours. It's not that hard....