Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-20

Your IPs are all over the place ( 192.168.1.130 and 192.169.0.130 ) you have to be corect and precise in this. But 127.0.0.1 should work if all on one host.

Maybe there's some issue with your server remembering and old player.

Try:
squeezeslave.exe -m00:00:00:00:00:99 -D 127.0.0.1

(precisely!)

the minus D means you will get a two line display, otherwise you would get no output at all on a successful connect.

This forces it to use a different Mac and thus register as a new player - in your LMS players you will see Squeezeslave 2 or whatever.

Re: that message - that means XBMC hasn't exited cleanly and is holding the log file open - manually kill the XBMC process in task manager, no need to reboot.

Maybe also delete the XSqueeze settings file in addon_data/script.xsqueeze/ - I have seen add on settings get confused across version changes before. Once delted, restart XBMC and re-enter your settings.

I'd definitely get squeezeslave working outside of the add on first, it's much easier. That said, I am baffled as to why you're not getting XBMC notifications - I have tested quite a few times with no server running, incorrect addresses etc, and I always get the notification...

- castalla - 2012-02-20

Ooops! Sorry ... it is 192.168.1.130

(Force of habit with old router led to mistype)

I'll try that precise instruction!

I have cleaned out the existing install ....

- castalla - 2012-02-20

Bingo! and Thanks!

Terminal shows:

Squeezebox Home 1 of 10
Now Playing

Squeezeslave 2 shows up in gui !!!

Same outcome using 192.168.1.130!!!

..... err, what now?

Re-install xsqueeze? Set with auto squeezeslave? Server address and port 9090?

(It'll have to wait until tomorrow to test ... whacked out here!)

Cheers.

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-20

Yes I'd delete your xsqueeze settings, then re-start xbmc and re-enter everything, should be easy from there. Use local squeezeslave, put in a MacID at the top and for squeezeslave and make sure they match (you can use anything you like as long as it's MAC format).

- castalla - 2012-02-20

Okay ... will report back later tomorrow/today.

Thanks.

- castalla - 2012-02-20

Sadly .. xsqueeze still not working.

The local squeezeslave works.

I'm still confused about how to complete the configure pages.

Assume I am using your above squeezeserver line:

What do I put in the server line? 127.0.0.1 with port 9090 ?

What do I put in Player details - the same MAC as in the command line? And what about extra arguments?

- castalla - 2012-02-20

Okay ...

I run squeezeslave with 192.168.1.130 - this starts correctly - player appears in server gui

In xsqueeze - I set server to 192.168.1.130 port 9090

I accept defaults in Player settings except for the auto start.

When I start xsqueeze in programs - nothing happens - no display - nada.

- bossanova808 - 2012-02-21

Read the first post again, it has lots of info. I don't think you're getting it yet.

You can either run as a player (start squeezeslave with add on) or just as a controller. If you run as just a controller you must enter the correct MAC address for your player in XSqueeze settings.

But I repeat - I am not at all sure it will work with a Touch (or Radio) model!!

You may well be much better off using it directly as a player.

Anyway, I am going to break up the settings to make it clearer...

- castalla - 2012-02-21

Cheers ...

I'll re-read the instructions again!

Sorry to be such a pain.

However, I haven't even tried to run it with the Touch yet!

I set the server - accept the default Player settings.

Run squeezeslave.

Then click on xsqueeze.

What should happen then?

>> I accept defaults in Player settings except for the auto start.

...means you are telling it not to run as a player - you would only turn this off if you were trying to control another squeezebox. Otherwise the local software player won't run.

- castalla - 2012-02-21

Okay ...

Step-by-step:

1. Install xsqueeze from scratch (new repo install + xsqueeze) - check

2. Configure - Server IP 192.168.1.130 port 9090 check

Player Mac - default

Local squeezeslave - on

Extra arguments - default

3. Run xsqueeze - stop xsqueeze - rerun xsqueeze - stop

4. Success!

Phew!

(I'll now screw it all up by trying to connect to Touch ... tomorrow!)

Thanks for your patience!!!

No worries, glad you got there...

- castalla - 2012-02-21

Broken it again! Each time it breaks the only solution is to uninstall the addon, the repo, delete any folders left over, and then reinstall from scratch.

I tried to connect to a different LMS server. Assumed that all I had to change was the server IP. Left everything else as before. No joy.

So, how do I specify the Player settings for the setup to display the other server?

Scenario: xbmc on 192.168.1.130 - LMS on 192.168.1.10 - started squeezeslave manually to 192.168.1.10 successfully

Can I accept defaults except for auto start - switch this off?

You definitely shouldn't need to delete anything, at the very most the xsqueeze settings but I've had to do that at most once in all my xsqueeze testing, and only then when I was mucking about with the settings.xml directly.

You are making this way, way harder than it needs to be.

YOU ALWAYS WANT AUTO START ON UNLESS YOU ARE CONTROLLING AN EXTERNAL SQUEEZEBOX OK!

If you are just changing the server, just change the server IP - that's it. I suspect maybe you're not clicking 'ok' when you change settings but using the back arrow maybe? This exits settings *without saving* - a common xbmc mistake. Go back into the settings and make sure your changes are in there.

Honestly, if you can't get it going from here, I'd wait for the next version which has server discovery etc.

Update:

I have server discovery working, audio output discovery working, and when you run each new version the first time it will open a reminder window with any important news - most notably a reminder to chmod +x the squeezeslave binaries). There are also more sanity checks and error messages if things go wrong.

I have cleaned up the settings so you have 4 tabs:
LMS Server (your server settings, normally all you do is auto discover your server)
Local Playback (enabled by default as I think this is the most common use-case)
Controller Only (where you just enter the external player's MAC if you choose not to use local playback)
Other Settings (where you nominate the skin file to use, and whether or not to disable the screensaver).

I have a few open issues:
- Can a plugin determing the current skin automatically -> if so, how? I'm sure it can...
- Disabling/re-enabling the screensaver (using the code fruitloaf linked above) - causes hangs on XSqueeze exit...
- My idea of adding dummy tracks to the xbmc playlist to get rid of the xbmc playlist error when you skip tracks is a complete fail so far...

Anyway, probably enough for a new version very soon....