Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 11:53)bossanova808 Wrote: OK so next step is to experiment with with the -l and then -o options to list and choose an output. Once you have audio working on the command line copy the settings into xsqueeze and you should be good.

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # -l
-sh: -l: not found
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # -o
-sh: -o: not found

?

I also now get this mess when trying to get into squeezeslave.

Code:
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
                      │Squeezebox Home                  1 of 10│
                      │Now Playing                            >Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2000
                                                                 Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->playback, outParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsPlayback, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2674
                                                                            Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2795
                                 output_thread: PortAudio error1: Invalid sample rate

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-04

ok Tyler...think about it a bit - the -o and -l are *options* - not commands in there own right. Just typing -o at the command line is never gonna work, right?

Code:
./squeezelite-i64 -l

should list the outputs you have

Code:
./squeezelite-i64 -o X (where X is the output)

Honestly, you might want to spend an hour or two with this resource before you go too far trying all this stuff...you'll find it very hadny, long term, with these sorts of things:
http://www.linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php

You don't need to be be a super guru, but mastery of the basics will really be helpful to you.

..allows you to specify an output.

The squeezelite error you got indicates most likely the audio device is in use by another app, I think.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-04

Thanks for your patience and support. If/when I get it sorted I'll try and put together a real idiots guide so idiots like me can get this working.

The -l option isn't giving me a list, it's just giving me all the options again.
Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i64
Squeezelite v1.2, Copyright 2012, 2013 Adrian Smith. See -t for license terms
Usage: ./squeezelite-i64 [options]
  -s <server>           Connect to specified server, otherwise uses autodiscovery to find server
  -o <output device>    Specify output device, default "default"
  -l                    List output devices
  -a <b>:<p>:<f>:<m>    Specify ALSA params to open output device, b = buffer time in ms or size in bytes, p = period count or size in bytes, f sample format (16|24|24_3|32), m = use mmap (0|1)
  -b <stream>:<output>  Specify internal Stream and Output buffer sizes in Kbytes
  -c <codec1>,<codec2>  Restrict codecs to those specified, otherwise load all available codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac (mad,mpg for specific mp3 codec)
  -d <log>=<level>      Set logging level, logs: all|slimproto|stream|decode|output, level: info|debug|sdebug
  -f <logfile>          Write debug to logfile
  -m <mac addr>         Set mac address, format: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
  -n <name>             Set the player name
  -p <priority>         Set real time priority of output thread (1-99)
  -r <rate>             Max sample rate for output device, enables output device to be off when squeezelite is started
  -u [params]           Upsample to max rate for device, params = <quality>:<flags>:<attenuation>:<precision>:<passband_end>:<stopband_start>:<phase_response>,
                         quality = (v|h|m|l|q)(|L|I|M)(|s),
                         flags = num in hex,
                         attenuation = attenuation in dB to apply (default is -1db if not explicitly set),
                         precision = number of bits precision (NB. HQ = 20. VHQ = 28),
                         passband_end = number in percent (0dB pt. bandwidth to preserve. nyquist = 100%),
                         stopband_start = number in percent (Aliasing/imaging control. > passband_end),
                         phase_response = 0-100 (0 = minimum / 50 = linear / 100 = maximum)
  -z                    Daemonize
  -t                    License terms

After a restart of the server and a reboot of the client I tried again and got this.

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i64 -l
Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
  default:CARD=NVidia            - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Default Audio Device
  sysdefault:CARD=NVidia         - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Default Audio Device
  front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0        - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Front speakers
  surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
  surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
  surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0       - HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Digital - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
  hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0         - HDA NVidia, HDMI 0 - HDMI Audio Output

Something to work with at least.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-04

The Audio Output Device on my System Settings reads "HDA NVidia, HDMI" so I guess I need to select that somehow within XSqueeze. Is this the correct command?

Code:
./squeezelite-i64 -o hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0

It is! I have audio!

Now, how do I save that setting on my XBMC install?

(2013-10-03, 11:53)bossanova808 Wrote: Once you have audio working on the command line copy the settings into xsqueeze and you should be good.

This is the bit I need assistance with.

If it helps here is the output list I get with aplay.

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1

I have tried adding -o3 to the arguments, but that hasn't worked.

Through trail and error I have found that adding -o2 to the squeezeslave argument gets audio working.

Weird!

It only works with slave and not lite.

More trial and error!

I'm having some success (although only with Squeezeslave, I still can get a peep out of Squeezelite) and now I am trying to get 2 or 3 separate installs to sync.

Soccing Wrote:Everything works perfectly until about 15 seconds is left of a song. At that point one of my xbmc client starts to play the next track while my other client plays the song till the end.
So after each song one of my clients has a 15 second headstart.

Is there a solution that you are aware of to fix this issue?

Still trying to get squeezelite working (specifically to see if it fixes the above problem) but I can't get it working.

I can get into the GUI and browse artisits, albums etc. When I try to play something I see the artists artwork etc but there is no track progress, and no sound.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-05

You're getting closer!

So if you, sya, ahve it working fromt he command line with:

squeezelite-i64 -o hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0

that means into xsqueeze squeezelite extra options you copy jsut the options:

Code:
-o hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0

(exactly as on the command line just without the squeezlite-i64 bit at the beginning)

And you should be good to go.

(squeezelite uses full device descriptions, squeezeslave uses numbers - they are totally different things)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-05

Great stuff, I'll give it a go, but why do you think I'm not seeing any track progress when in squeezelite?

Also, if I need to add more than one argument what do I use to separate them?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-07

Just spaces put the line in as you would on the cmd line.

You're not seeing progress because it knows it can't playback. Once you get it pointing at the right thing, and assuming xbmc behaves, it will all start to work. For most people it works out of the box but it depends on your audio hardware....

And it remains to be seen how this goes with Gotham as well...I will start some testing soon if I can find some time.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-07

I now have squeezelite working! Added the -o line and Hey Presto!.

Now I just have to work out the correct line for each of my other players. A quick -l output list reveals a possible 20 options! Is there an easy way to narrow it down?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-07

It's okay, it was obvious which was the correct output after looking at the audio output settings in XBMC.

I now have all 3 of my clients playing in perfect synchronisation.

Thank you so much for your help.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-07

You're welcome - glad you've got it going! Have fun!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-10

I have a new issue. (you'll be happy to hear ;-))

After I have used XSqueeze, and once I exit it and get back to the Home Screen,when I play something from my library I get no sound.

Checking the audio output settings I cannot see the normal output that I use. I have to power cycle the XBMC box to get the options back again.

Any ideas?