Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-11

Not really. I am guessing when xbmc resumes AE it doesn't pick up the output - maybe the squeeze player has not yet released it in time. You ended up using lite right?

I could put a delay in I guess....all this will change with Gotham anyway, but in the meantime that's all I can think of. Doesn't happen on OE or my Windows box here, though.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - twinturbo - 2013-10-11

I could not find my answer via google or a search here so...

where is the binary for squeezeslave?

I want to put a startup script on my raspbmc to start squuezeslave on system boot rather than using xsqueeze as the PI will more or less be headless.

Thanks

TT

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-12

In the xsqueeze addon folder or install it yourself.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tyler Durden - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-11, 01:57)bossanova808 Wrote: Not really. I am guessing when xbmc resumes AE it doesn't pick up the output - maybe the squeeze player has not yet released it in time. You ended up using lite right?

I could put a delay in I guess....all this will change with Gotham anyway, but in the meantime that's all I can think of. Doesn't happen on OE or my Windows box here, though.

Yes I'm using Squeezelite.

All my XBMC installs are OE (OpenELEC) what's AE?

RE: - bossanova808 - 2013-10-13

AudioEngine - the audio system released with Frodo. Gotham will be using 'ActiveAE' apparently.

That's weird, it works fine with OE here - so xbmc and OE are using the same audio output then?

RE: - bossanova808 - 2013-10-13

@Morbeas et al.

Just to confirm, I have tested XBMC Frodo 12.2 and latest Xsqueeze 1.0.2 on

Windows 7 64 bit
Openelec 3.2.2 (64 bit)
OSX 10.6 on a Mac Mini with Broadcom with Frodo 12.2

...all are working perfectly here.

I do not have a general Ubuntu set up though, and my Pi is not currently set up...so will try that later.

The one thing I ran into was actually Calibre hogging port 9090 on my server. I believe that there are various Android 'Smart Device' related apps that are now using that port. For Xsqueeze to connect, both borth 9000 and 9090 (unless you have changed them), MUST be available. Actual squeezebox hardware will work fine with just 9000 being open, but XSqueeze definitely needs 9090 as well. So I'd triple check the ports on your server and all your other settings.

So - long story short, I don't think the issue(s) are to do with XSqueeze or even XBMC per se - I think they are likely to be local/networking/xsqueeze config issues. The audio devices appear to be suspending ok (on those particular platforms) - and then resuming after XSqueeze use ok as well.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-18

Just tried a very recent Gotham test build with the new ActiveAE and a just merged PR for suspending it to allow external playters, necessary for XSqueeze.

Pleased to say on Windows at least it works fine, so it's looking like Gotham will play nicely with XSqueeze.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Morbeas - 2013-10-18

Still does not work for me on Windows 8 x64. Works fine outside of XBMC on the same machine though.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-18

@Morbeas - yours was the log where the device was being hogged, right? I really am not sure why it doesn't release ok on yours. Can't reproduce here on 2 different windows installs using either directsound or wasapi I'm afraid.

Have you got that link to your last full debug log handy? Can't see it above in the last few pages...

Clutching at straws here but are you @Morbeas using AMD with realtek drivers? I know they can have all sorts of issues.

Just for good measure I tried it here again. No issues at all win 7 64 bit with wasapi or directsound.

Win8 I don't have, though. ...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - PV_XBMC - 2013-10-26

Hallo,

what version of SqueezeLite player is included in this addon? Could I update this player to newest version 1.3?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-27

Should be no issue to drop it in - just overwrite the current. I think it is 1.2 at the mo' - if you check the addon folder/resources/bin there is a versions.txt with the info

I'll do it myself at some point soon anyway and push an update.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - PV_XBMC - 2013-10-27

Thank you very much for your help. Everthing works ok.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-10-28

Just pushed an updated 1.0.3 version - with squeezelite 1.3, no other changes.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Eleasias - 2013-10-30

Hi bossanova, really nice job!
I hope it'll be working for me soon, because it's a very good tool.
I don't know well linux and i want also to appologize for my english.
My system is the following :
- LMS and squeezeplay on a w7 computer, it's working.
- Xsqueeze on raspbmc on a raspberry in the room next to the computer room linked with carrier current to my network.
I want to be able to play the same music on my computer (squeezeplay) and on my raspberry (Xsqueeze).
I installed Xsqueeze with the zip-file you provided and installed alsa.
The command line you gave for alsa didn't seem to work so i installed it with those commands: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Ubuntu/HOW-TO_3#Install_ALSA which worked apparently well.
Now, when i launch SqueezePlay, it either play only on the Raspberry or it is not synchronized but it doesn't always react the same.
Moreover, i cannot close Xsqueeze, is there any problem with my install or is it normal for that point?