Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Trixster - 2013-12-10

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go and get back to you.

LMS seems to run ok on a Pi, strangely enough. It's not rapid but it works fine.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-10

Fine for browsing is one thing, fine for serving clients that are demanding updates many times a second is another...

But yeah, let me know if that helps.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - CreasyMonster - 2013-12-10

Hi,

Me again,

Still no success. XSqueeze still crashing. I've added a full log of xbmc start up, xsqueeze launch and close @ pastebin.com[/quote][/code]

log at:

http://pastebin.com/AGGWb5Ye

Cheers,

CM

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-11

Gottqa say ptython/xbmc and Darwin is a constant irrit to me.

I'm at al oss but you didn't answer:

Do you have a folder:

script.module.b808common in your (user) addons folder?

Inside it you should have:
C:\Users\Whatever\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.b808common\lib\b808c​ommon.py (or the linux equivalent)

If you don't - you could grab such directly from googlecode and manually install it. It SHOULD get installed with xsqueeze automatically and does on all my machines...

All the zips that get pulled live here:
http://code.google.com/p/bossanova808-xbmc-addons/source/browse/#git%2Frepository-downloads

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - CreasyMonster - 2013-12-12

Sorry,

The folder /Users/grahamcreasy/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.module.b808common/lib does contain b808common.py and b808common.pyo.

and the file starts:

### Common Code for bossanova808 addons
### By bossanova808 2013
### Free in all senses....

### VERSION 0.1.2

import xbmc
import xbmcaddon
import xbmcplugin
import xbmcvfs
import xbmcgui
import urllib
import sys
import os
import platform
import socket

from traceback import print_exc

################################################################################

I've reverted back to all the previous versions of xsqueeze with the same failure. Do you think it is the version of python I have installed (python 2.6.1)?

CM

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-13

Hmm, that's it. I can't see why xbmc couldn't import it?? Makes no sense to me at all.

I might have access to a Mac just after Christmas bet until then I am a bit stuck. It's ok on Win, Lin, and OE, tested.

When was the last time you know it was working (so I can look at changes since then to see if I broke something although I have done very little to be honest...)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - CreasyMonster - 2013-12-13

Hi,

The problem started on the the 3rd of Dec after an automatic update. At the time Xsqueeze was complaining about 'dependencies not met' but after I reinstalled a couple of times and Xsqueeze installed without the dependencies not met complaint but the complaint was replaced with the script error. I think forcing the install has screwed up my system and I've tried a number of things to get it going without success (mainly cleaning out/uninstalling xsqueeze and reinstalling). Some how python is not finding the modules. I've tried to debug the issue by commenting of the calls for the functions in the python scripts in turn but the next called function is then not found, so maybe it something more than just the directories and modules not being found. But what confuses me is that other addons are fine.

Point to note: Also after the original issue with the 'dependencies not met' that I updated XBMC Eden to Frodo. Would this of upset Xsqueeze? As the last time Xsqueeze was working for me was on Eden.

In the mean time I'm going to wipe XBMC completely off my Mac and start from scratch with Frodo, something may of got corrupted in my forced dodgy install. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help,

CM

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - CreasyMonster - 2013-12-13

Update,

After wiping out XBMC completely off my Mac and reinstalling Frodo, Xsqueeze now works find with the default skin Confluence. Now time to install Aeon Nox skin again.

Update,

Aeon Nox skin not installing, this maybe the problem all along as I seem to remember that the Aeon Nox skin had an update just before my issues arose.

I'll keep you updated on my progress of Xsqueeze and Aeon Nox.

Thanks for your support, I have the excellent Xsqueeze working on my system once again.

CM

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-13

Glad to hear it is working for you again.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - haifischjunge - 2013-12-22

anyone else has the problem that theres no more sound in xbmc after using xsqueeze?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-23

It's a problem with suspend/resume of the audioenegine I think - doesn't happen on most platforms but I think it's mentioned for OE somewhere back in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - haifischjunge - 2013-12-23

I had the problem with ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04, I'll try to follow up on the audio engine path

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - horchi - 2013-12-24

thank you for the nice and useful addon!

It works nearly perfect, I have only a little problem, after replay of a few songs the displayed information and cover stick at one song until the addon is restarted. If this happen the music plays forward song by song, as expected and the control Panel is working too.

Thx and regards
Jörg

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-24

Hey

Pastebin a full debug log and I will have a look.

Merry Christmas!!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - horchi - 2013-12-24

Hi,

Merry Christmas!!

I've now started with debugg logging enabled, i post it as soon as it happens again