Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - horchi - 2013-12-24

here we go:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6629080/

The display of actual data stops wit the exception at 13:53:45.

It seems to be a problem with the 'ü' at position 32 of the Title:
Code:
METADATA block #2
  type: 4 (VORBIS_COMMENT)
  is last: false
  length: 224
  vendor string: reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
  comments: 9
    comment[0]: TITLE=Denn wer liebt (mit Anna Maria Mühe)
    comment[1]: ARTIST=Schiller
    comment[2]: ALBUM=Sehnsucht
    comment[3]: DATE=2008
    comment[4]: TRACKNUMBER=3
    comment[5]: GENRE=Ambient
    comment[6]: CATEGORY=newage
    comment[7]: DESCRIPTION=
    comment[8]: CDID=fd128c13
METADATA block #3
  type: 1 (PADDING)
  is last: true
  length: 8192

All my META data and file names encoded in UTF-8, may be this is the problem?

Thx,
Jörg

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - horchi - 2013-12-28

I've had a look into the Python code, at this point the strings seems to be converted from UTF8 into unicode (server.py):

Code:
result = result.strip()
        try:
            result = result.decode('utf8')
        except Exception as inst:
            result = "<Unicode decode error - to be fixed!>"
        return result

After this conversion the exception occur here (player.py):

Code:
def get_track_title(self):
        """Get Players Current Track Title"""
        self.track_title = str(self.request("title ?"))
        return self.track_title

The exception occur (seemingly) every time a character of the title exceed 128 (7-bit). The 'Logitech Media Server' display it (at the webif) right, even in the direct playback in XBMC without the plugin works. Unfortunately, I can't Python and therefore I stuck at this point.

Grüße Jörg

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DB1234 - 2013-12-28

(2013-12-01, 08:39)bossanova808 Wrote: @DB1234 - I don't think your issue is password related (I just chcked and that works here fine) - I think it can't start the player. Try starting it from the command line and seeing what you get there - OE/Rasp Pi has been all over the place with audio, so it may there's no also or something.

You can ask in their forums, but try squeezelite from the command line first to see what happens.

Hello,
could someone help me with that?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2013-12-30

Hey folks - I am on holiday so can't look at this till Jan 6 or thereabouts

@horchi - unicode works on my platforms (well it did last time I tested it!!) - but I will try look at your log properly soon

@DB1234 - basically you need to get to a shell, cd in to the addon binaries folder, and run squeezelite directly. Command line instructions can be found here:
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tibag - 2014-01-05

Hi !

First of all, thanks for the work you've done. Smile

Now my problem. First small question before going further: is there any support from Openelec on a Raspberry Pi? I tried to find an answer to that simple question but the answer is not obvious.
I want to use my Pi as a player and I am doubtful on the Squeezelite compatibility.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Loobo - 2014-01-05

Hi!

...just posting to mention that I'm also suffering the same problem as horchi.
I'm also having trouble with non-ascii characters in titles. I've hit the issue with titles including the characters 'å', 'ä' and 'ö' but as horchi mentions, I guess it will occur every time a non-ascii character is in the title.

You can find a partial debug log here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106483

The title of the current song is 'En Del Av Mitt Hjärta' and the character at position 17 would be 'ä' (starting at 0)

Otherwise, I really like this add-on. Hope you can squash this one :-)

Regards,
Loobo

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-01-06

Hi Tibag

There is a squeezelite hardfloat binary included with XSqueeze, but I am not sure on the status of Openelec Pi and alsa. Try it!

The Pi is not great t keeping up with the network traffic xsqueeze generates - I have some plans to simplify it or put in a 'low cpu power' mode or something, if/when I get time!

@Loobo @horchi

I will have a look later this week with any luck. It was working fine but I do notice that pylms (included library) has some updates in this area so maybe they broke my fix Wink

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Tibag - 2014-01-07

(2014-01-06, 01:21)bossanova808 Wrote: Hi Tibag

There is a squeezelite hardfloat binary included with XSqueeze, but I am not sure on the status of Openelec Pi and alsa. Try it!

The Pi is not great t keeping up with the network traffic xsqueeze generates - I have some plans to simplify it or put in a 'low cpu power' mode or something, if/when I get time!

Thanks for the answer. I actually tried it as it comes, but I get error on finding the player. I guess it's due to the missing of the squeezelite somehow.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-01-07

No, it's because the player can't start....because alsa will be missing I'd say. Log should show you.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - hmblsnd - 2014-01-08

Hey all- was hoping someone could answer this for me / help me out--

Can XSqueeze be used to stream the audio of a video playing inside XBMC on one computer to another computer by using squeezelite, squeezeslave, Softsqueeze or something else?

I've been trying to figure this out for the past two days and have been having no luck.

With 'act as squeezeplayer' checked I am able to get something happening in squeezelite, only errors.

in XSqueeze:
- LMS Server set to the XBMC machine's ip (192.168.1.121)
- Under Mode 'act as SqueezePlayer' turned on
- - MAC address set to ab:12:34:12:34:69
- Crated a Favorites shortcut and run XSqueeze

on other computer:
- run squeezelite with: ./squeezelite-osx -s 192.168.1.121:9090 -m ab:12:34:12:34:69
- Get the following error:
Code:
[01:53:30.593849] slimproto_run:523 FATAL: slimproto packet too big: 31522 > 4096
- Video playback then freezes on XBMC

I'm new to squeezebox so I'm not even sure if I am using this how I should / what I'd like to do is possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-01-08

I'm afraid that is not what is for. It's used as an audio player and/or visualiser for a networked audio system called Logitech Media Server.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - hmblsnd - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-08, 10:50)bossanova808 Wrote: I'm afraid that is not what is for. It's used as an audio player and/or visualiser for a networked audio system called Logitech Media Server.

Ah!

Thanks for the reply, bossanova. Had a feeling that was the case.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-01-21

I've moved the repo for xsqueeze to github -

https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.1.7.zip

...future updates will come from there so please install that if you're still interested. I've tried to get it to work automatically but it doesn't seem like xbmc supports moving a repo (or I've done something wrong I guess!)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-01-22

Ok appears I have made the update automatic. Thus I will delete the googlecode repo in a little while once everyone's systems should have got there...

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Martijn - 2014-01-22

(2014-01-21, 12:10)bossanova808 Wrote: I've moved the repo for xsqueeze to github -

https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.1.7.zip

...future updates will come from there so please install that if you're still interested. I've tried to get it to work automatically but it doesn't seem like xbmc supports moving a repo (or I've done something wrong I guess!)

You need to put the new repo in your old repo as if it is a normal addon. That way it will update like any other addon.