Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - DoubleT - 2014-03-26

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs on this. just got it up and running with perfect sync all round the house.
impressive stuff!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-26

That's good to hear!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-26

ok I have squeezelite command line and can play songs but still have issues with no audio.

http://pastebin.com/x3ZMiZ9K
I have attached my log and from what I can tell it is throwing an error at opening the mixer

im new to this so bear with me lol

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-26

The log there is using squeezeslave. Can you try squeezelite (so choose that in xsqueeze settings and hit ok at the bottom)

Is that two logs?? I can't quite work that out - the top log doesn't have any xsqueeze stuff in it.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-26

No that was my xbmc log. Which log do u need. And in settings i do have squeezeslave selected. Im at work now so will have to get it in the a.m. just tell me what u need and thank u for helping

....just realized i didnt have debugging enabled on that log

I need a full debug log, and just one (that's two sessions - look at the timestamps!).

And try squeeze****lite*** please.

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-26, 00:40)bossanova808 Wrote: @NickW not to be a dick, but I will not look at log snippets. They are against forum rules, too.

Full debug log or nothing, please

Ok see you have one above, sorry.

Can you start by telling me what you're actually trying to do - are you wanting playback from xsqueeze, or controlling of an existing squeezebox?

If the latter - do you want audio out of hdmi, or another output? And have you tried squeezelite, the preferred player?

If you look around line 526 in your log there begins a whole buttload of alsa errors, so I am not sure you have your asound.conf right really, but I don't know much about that - in the old days OE made that for you so it was easier.

No worries. I tried to look through the log and point out something to save you the effort going through the log.

I want playback from my LMS which is on a NAS on my OE system. I have tested it works by downloading a windows client which I installed, configured up with my LMS and it worked. The problem I have is with trying to get OE to work

I have raised a thread with them and trying to get some more input as I have created an asound.config which I have browsed too to check its correct.

I have tried using the 2 different players and changed settings back and forth but I feel it's all down to squeeze box not being able to see OE default player at the moment. Hoping someone on OE can help

Thanks
N

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-26

Squeezelite can use other than the default alsa device.

Oh and asound.config is useless. The file is asound.conf

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-26, 09:16)nickr Wrote: Squeezelite can use other than the default alsa device.

Oh and asound.config is useless. The file is asound.conf

I meant conf sorry. That was spell check auto correcting..

If squeezelite can use another default alsa device, how do I work out which other to use?
Using aplay -l when ssh'd to openelec I only get one device. That is how I set up the asound.conf file

Xbmc can play music on my NAS so why would I be having issues with this?

Thanks
N

XBMC enumerates audio devices directly, whereas other players ask alsa to do it, so it's quite different.

I havent got an OE Gotham install going on yet, or I'd figure it out for you.

But keep plugging away, you'll get there!!

(2014-03-26, 12:42)bossanova808 Wrote: XBMC enumerates audio devices directly, whereas other players ask alsa to do it, so it's quite different.

I havent got an OE Gotham install going on yet, or I'd figure it out for you.

But keep plugging away, you'll get there!!

Thanks Bossanova.

I will keep everyone updated as I can't be the only one with OE Gotham who wants this!!

Thanks
N

http://pastebin.com/Z0VLeiFr

full log with debug on. hope this is what your needing. thanks again

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-26

Right Squeeze box slave loads (if i put a mac address which is the same as my squeezebox on my win8 xbmc install but no sound plays... nothing..
Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-26

for a list of sound devices,
Code:
squeezelite -l

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-26

It says squeezelite not found. Does it need to be open?