Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-26

You'll need to give the full path to the squeezelite binary included with the addon. I think it is something like

~/.xbmc/addons/xsqueeze(something)/resources/bin/squeezelite-ia64

on a normal system. On openelec it'll be somewhere in /storage/ (Sorry i am not at my system now)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-26

Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ls
squeezelite-i386 squeezelite-i64 squeezeslave-i386 squeezeslave-i64
Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # squeezeslave-i64 -ls
-sh: squeezeslave-i64: not found

This is so odd, i can see the file but it wont run

NickR can you run it on yours?
Are you ok OE??

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-27

Am not at home now, but it is not in the path so you need to give a path. As you are alread in the directory where the binary resides it is as simple as
Code:
./squeezeslave-i64 -ls

Note the ./ at the start of the line.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-27

OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i386 -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=SB - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=SB - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - Front speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Re ar and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Ce nter and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Ce nter, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Analog - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Ce nter, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0 - HDA ATI SB, ALC662 rev1 Digital - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio O utput
hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0 - HDMI Audio Output

this is my list of output devices but don't know exactly what to put into xsqueeze on my openelec machine.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-27

ok so now try and run

./squeezelite-i386 -o hdmi (or whichever device you want)

If squeezelite starts ok you won't see much - go to LMS web interface and play music on the device....do you get sound?

If do, add

Code:
-o hdmi

...into the xsqueeze settings for command line arguments for squeezelite

You're getting there!

Ideally, get playback working from the command line in total first, ignore xsqueeze. Once that is nutted out just add the same stuff into xsqueeze

Full squeezelite info (e.g. hot to get it to log etc):

http://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-27

OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i386
-o hdmi
[19:45:20.456690] test_open:184 playback open error: No such file or directory
[19:45:20.461726] output_init:1540 unable to open output device

this is what I get

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-27

Sorry, been a while, looks likt you need the whoel thing

Code:
squeezelite -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
squeezelite -o "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0"
or most likely just:
squeezelite -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0

You can get help with squeezelite here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-%28alsa-only%29

(2014-03-27, 03:09)bossanova808 Wrote: Sorry, been a while, looks likt you need the whoel thing

Code:
or most likely just:

You can get help with squeezelite here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-%28alsa-only%29

You my friend are awesome. Worked like a charm, Many Many Thanks!!!!!!!!

Now u say squeezeslave syncs better in a multiroom environment right. Should I use Squeezeslave because its better.

Well you will need to do similar with squeezeslave to work out the switches.

If you're in individual rooms, squeezelite is fine and may even be the better syncer - certainly it's the better player in general (e.g. spotify support etc). squeezeslave is much older, but some say sync is better -- so try both and see how you go!

Ok squeezelite works well that is uNtil i exit. It seems to be hogging my audio out and cant restore it till after a reboot. Any ideas?

in xsqueeze or outside of it?

(if xsqueeze, do a debug log but I would think it's a timing thing - xsqueeze trying to resume XBMC's AE before lite releases the device...

Outside if u mean after exiting. I went into xbmc settings then to sysem audio and try to change outputs but its locked. I will get a log to u after work. I think i remember there being a ticket for this issue but thought it was fixed in newer xbmc installs.

If its a timing thing is there an option to add an extit delay or something.

Not currently but happy to add one

(2014-03-27, 08:38)bossanova808 Wrote: Not currently but happy to add one

That would be great if u can add one. Hopefully that will solve the prob. And thank u again..

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-27, 03:38)Graves Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 03:09)bossanova808 Wrote: Sorry, been a while, looks likt you need the whoel thing

Code:
or most likely just:

You my friend are awesome. Worked like a charm, Many Many Thanks!!!!!!!!

Now u say squeezeslave syncs better in a multiroom environment right. Should I use Squeezeslave because its better.

So groves, did you install the package in the link to get your working?
Thanks
N