Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-28

Glad to hear it

@Nick w let's get you working now Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-28, 07:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Glad to hear it

I agree

Re: RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-28, 08:12)Graves Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 07:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Glad to hear it

I agree
Thanks everyone

I will be back on this tonight after work.
I had a quick look this morning and it was still broken. As soon as I get in I will double check my settings and start testing

Great support for this add on...

Thanks everyone
N

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-28

Hi chaps.

So thanks to everyone, i am making progress...

I didnt seem to have full rights to the squeezelite-i64 files so i have changed that and i can now run it from SSH

Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezeslave-
i64 -ls
./squeezeslave-i64: unrecognized option '-s'
PortAudio error7: No output devices found.

Any ideasHuh

Thanks
N

just tried it again and got this:
./squeezeslave-i64: unrecognized option '-s'
Connect to LCDd failed!
Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3483
Connection to Squeezebox Server 127.0.0.1 failed.

Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezeslave-i64
Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3483
Connection to Squeezebox Server 127.0.0.1 failed.
Lounge:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i64
[19:26:09.081060] test_open:124 playback open error: No such file or directory
[19:26:09.081121] output_init_common:372 unable to open output device

Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 - HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0 - HDMI Audio Output

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-29

@Graves - so where did you get with the audio device hogging issue? Did a pause help out here??

@Nick w

The basic approach is:

squeezelite -l

to list outputs

then

squeezelite -m 00:01:02:06:03:09 -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 -s 192.168.1.1

so basically, -l just lists your outputs.

The to actually try running it:
-m FA:KE:MA:0I:00:00 (specify a unique but fake MAC ID)
-o the output string you got from -l, precisely, and just the first bit without the spaces
-s your server IP

...all going well, squeezelite should start and then you should be able to trigger playback from your LMS and hear sound.

If so, then you need to transfer in that MAC to the XSqueeze MAC setting, the server IP into the server setting, and then in the 'extra command line arguments for squeezelite bit you would put

Code:
-o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0

With any luck, after that, xsqueeze will work for you too!

-o then lets you specify and output to use

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-29

(2014-03-29, 01:02)bossanova808 Wrote: @Graves - so where did you get with the audio device hogging issue? Did a pause help out here??

@Nick w

The basic approach is:

squeezelite -l

to list outputs

then

-o the output string you got from -l, precisely, and just the first bit without the spaces
-s your server IP

...all going well, squeezelite should start and then you should be able to trigger playback from your LMS and hear sound.

If so, then you need to transfer in that MAC to the XSqueeze MAC setting, the server IP into the server setting, and then in the 'extra command line arguments for squeezelite bit you would put

Code:

@bassanova removing everything after Dev=0 fixed the hogging issue. U were right to much fluff lol.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-29

Bossa, I have just been playing, and xsqueeze was playing fine. Then somehow it disappeared but the music was still playing. I couldn't for the life of me get back to the xsqueeze gui. Ended up forcing a reboot over ssh!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-29

@nickr

basically, in XSqueeze the window is completely separate to the player (which is just an external binary).

There's a big in XBMC's window stacking code that means if you don't launch XSqueeze from a home page icon shortcut (so you launch it from prorgams) - then when you go into Chooser, for example, it doesn't always drop back to the XSqueeze window. I've reported but not much happened with it.

You could bind an appropriate ActivateWindow to something on your remote if you need a way back, but if you launch it off the home I don't think it ever happens normally right? If another addon kicks in windows over, though, it might create issues?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-29

I hadn't got around to following your advice to starting it from a home icon, will set that up next time I have play.

Cheers, N

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Graves - 2014-03-29

If i install the addon as a service will i still have the menu and stuff. Basically i want to exit the menu but the music still plays. Is that do able

Yep - you have to manually install one of the players as a service external to your xbmc, then you set up xsqueeze in controller only mode pointing at the MAC of that

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-29

(2014-03-29, 01:02)bossanova808 Wrote: @Graves - so where did you get with the audio device hogging issue? Did a pause help out here??

@Nick w

The basic approach is:

squeezelite -l

to list outputs

then

-s your server IP

Code:

I have sounds... BOOM

Thanks chaps!!!!!!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nick w - 2014-03-30

Right.

So running this
./squeezelite-i64 -m 00:01:02:06:03:09 -o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 -s 192.168.1.200

Works.... I have sound which I can control..

Copying "-o hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0" (i copied and posted this so to get it exactly right) into the argument for squeezelite and squeezeslave still gives me the "couldnt find player error".. And it doesn't do anything. Very odd..

Any ideas?
Do you need a log?

Thanks
N

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-03-30

[WHITE SMILING FACE]

Errr apparently android translates a smilie to that. Weird!

Re: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-03-30

Options for squeezeslave are different to squeezelite.