Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-04-30

The skins should be marked incompatible, but not xsqueeze.

The dependencies are:

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
<import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.4.7"/>
<import addon="script.module.xsqueezecommon" version="0.1.3"/>
<import addon="script.module.b808common" version="0.1.5"/>
<import addon="plugin.program.xsqueezechooser" version="0.1.5"/>

...the bottom three are fine, come from the repo, but it might be that top one (2.0.0 for Eden maybe?) - and possible artist slideshow that version is not available.

If you change those in your local copy of the repo (I'd start with the Python) - and re-start xbmc, it might make it installable. I don't thinkt here will be any issues running it (let me know if it works and I will change it in the repo itself).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gundif - 2014-05-02

(2014-04-30, 13:58)bossanova808 Wrote: The skins should be marked incompatible, but not xsqueeze.

The dependencies are:

...the bottom three are fine, come from the repo, but it might be that top one (2.0.0 for Eden maybe?) - and possible artist slideshow that version is not available.

If you change those in your local copy of the repo (I'd start with the Python) - and re-start xbmc, it might make it installable. I don't thinkt here will be any issues running it (let me know if it works and I will change it in the repo itself).

Thank you very much! I actually realized something that went over my head earlier, and went the easier path: disabled the distro's default XBMC, added XBMC repo and installed newest repo XBMC -- Frodo.

Under this the XSqueeze works. Thanks a lot for taking time to sort through my troubles!

I run xsqueeze as controller for a local squeezelite headless player and I got a couple of questions about the interface though:

1 -- what do these buttons do? They don't appear to do anything at all?
2 and 3: you can't control volume and track location with mouse/anything, as I understand?

UPD. Also: When I try to select new music, I can't access LMS "Music folders" as I can from the LMs web control, just the rest of "Artists/Genres/etc"?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-03

Those buttons are the volume buttons

I recall trying to implement the whol skip around with track/volume thing but can't recall why it didn't work, might be I didn't finish it.

Never use music folders, so I probably didn't implement it. Why use a library based music system with folders, I guess?

If I get some time I will look back into those things. But volume should work fine from remote or those buttons.

(you are missing cover art, and artist info from artist slideshow - that's why it looks so empty...in artist slideshow enable the extra info stuff..and, I guess, sort out your music library so you have tags/artwork!!)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - gundif - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-03, 02:11)bossanova808 Wrote: Those buttons are the volume buttons

I recall trying to implement the whol skip around with track/volume thing but can't recall why it didn't work, might be I didn't finish it.

Never use music folders, so I probably didn't implement it. Why use a library based music system with folders, I guess?

If I get some time I will look back into those things. But volume should work fine from remote or those buttons.

(you are missing cover art, and artist info from artist slideshow - that's why it looks so empty...in artist slideshow enable the extra info stuff..and, I guess, sort out your music library so you have tags/artwork!!)

Thanks, I see now. Smile Yes, you are right about the slideshow. I am only now trying to sort out the music library -- takes some time.

I played around some more with the xsqueeze and LMS itself, everything now works more or less fine. Thanks a lot for your help!

Probably last question -- any plans for playlist editing, like moving items up/down and clearing songs from playlist? That seems to be the only thing that currently asks for some additional software for LMS -- I am currently trying out some Android apps for that.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-07

No, no plans - XBMC doesn't really have a great interface for playlist management in general, and I don't really want to get in to all that myself. I think using a phone to do it is you rbest option.

If I spend any more realt time on XSqueeze (which I don't actually use myself really!) - it would be to implement listen/subscribe to make it perform a lot quicker on Pi etc. There's an updated python library now that has that, but I haven't had a chance to try it and honestly I am not at all sure if I will work up the motivation, but then again I very well might. Just depends on how busy I am with other things!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - cw-kid - 2014-05-15

Hello

Are there any limitations or stuff that won't work when using an "external" SqueezeLite player?

I installed SqueezeLite to run as a service on my OpenElec Frodo PC. I have configured XSqueeze to use this player and I am able to see the now playing screen and access the list of Albums / Artists / Genres etc.

However I have just noticed I cannot see the transport controls at the bottom as shown in this screen shot from the wiki

Thanks

EDIT: Should probably say I have no keyboard or mouse attached to my PC, using a remote control only.

This is how the screen looks on my PC

So not sure if I have any playback control over what is playing ?

EDIT 2:

On my remote control handset the play / pause buttons work OK. If I press the skip next track button it does skip to the next track but XBMC popup says "Playlist - Can't find next item to play"

So seems I have some basic playback controls when using the remote control handset. Just not seeing any transport controls on the screen like in the wiki screen shot.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - waspy59 - 2014-05-15

Hi all,

I'm using xsqueeze with XBMC but I want to use it with Plex Media Server.... Do you think is it adaptable on Plex? XBMC and Plex use Python for their add-on? right?

BR

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-16

@cw-kid In XSqueeze settings enable the mouse/touchscreen controls. This will give you the controls and in theory you should be able to use your arrows to navigate between them. Been a while since I tried it with an external player - let me know how you go.

You shouldn't be getting the playlist message though, when you skip - xsqueeze installs a temporary custom keymap to grab that event and send it to the squeeze player....so that's odd. Is that consistent? (When xsqueeze exits it removes the keymap again)

@waspy59 No idea really. Tried plex once, wasn't impressed. You'd probably have to find a plex/python person to convert it, but the codes up on github so they can fork & code. Hapyp to accept pull requests if they can make it cross platform...

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - fuzzweed - 2014-05-19

Hi, I'm experiencing a possible hang with Xsqueeae and Openelec. I've used xsqueeze for a while without any problems on XBMC running on windows, but have recently started using openelec instead (on the same i386 based hardware). If left with xsqueeze open for a number of hours then the program has hung and I have to reboot. I can't offer any more details at the mo, all I can say is its fine when I got to work, and dead when I get back. The fan on the PC is whirring away at high speed so it's stuck in a loop rather than crashed, and the remote and keyboard are non-responsive.
I've got the most recent set of xbmc logs here if its any help
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24220391/log-2014-05-19-17.54.25.zip

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-20

Nothing I can see in a quick look at your xbmc log indicates any problem with xsqueeze per se ...I'd solve some of the endless:

Code:
17:50:18 T:2962684736   ERROR: 17:37:05.681 E [ap:3915] Connection error:  116
17:52:27 T:2860510016   ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception
17:52:28 T:2860510016   ERROR: Open - Error opening http://192.168.8.3:8866/service?method=channel.listings&channel_id=7281&start=1400512151&end=1400774951&sid=66528af3971444f09a0fb60fc88d97a7

I have left Xsqueeze running for days on my OE Gotham machine without issue.

I suspect you have another hang going on. It doesn't look like xsqueeze is really doing anything at the end there - there's no changing track messages etc. So I think it's pretty much idle.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - fuzzweed - 2014-05-21

thanks for checking. Thats the pvr backend showing up in the logs, so i'll look into that.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - cw-kid - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-16, 01:21)bossanova808 Wrote: @cw-kid In XSqueeze settings enable the mouse/touchscreen controls. This will give you the controls and in theory you should be able to use your arrows to navigate between them. Been a while since I tried it with an external player - let me know how you go.

You shouldn't be getting the playlist message though, when you skip - xsqueeze installs a temporary custom keymap to grab that event and send it to the squeeze player....so that's odd. Is that consistent? (When xsqueeze exits it removes the keymap again)

Yes the playlist message is consistent when I skip the tracks.

I don't think having the mouse/touchscreen controls enabled helps the situation with the transport controls, however I will test it again and report back.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-23

Ok, let me know about controls as well and I can look at it, haven't tried it with external playes in a very long time so not surprised there might be quirks...should be easy enough to fix.

Dependencies not met - murph7355 - 2014-05-27

New to Xsqueeze. HAve had a good read and went to install v1.1.1 but am getting a "dependencies not met" error?

Running XBMC 12.1 on Mac OSX (in this instance).

?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-27

12.1??

Um, no idea. As I sadi above

The dependencies are:

...so investigate those. I'd look first at artist slideshow as the rest either come with the addon from the same repo, or are pretty much fundamental to xbmc