Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - murph7355 - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: 12.1??
I updated it tonight Smile ....

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
I have version 2.14 now, inside the addons directory in the program package (Mac OS X). It notes it's backwards compatible with 2.10.

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: <import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.4.7"/>
I have version 1.6.5 in the addons directory in my user area.

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: <import addon="script.module.xsqueezecommon" version="0.1.3"/>
Can't find this one - could this be because the install failed?

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: <import addon="script.module.b808common" version="0.1.5"/>
Can't find this one either.

(2014-05-27, 02:49)bossanova808 Wrote: <import addon="plugin.program.xsqueezechooser" version="0.1.5"/>
Nor this one.

Is it possible to delete the top two and replace them with the same files from elsewhere?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-05-28

Well, when you install XSqueeze, it should install all those xsqueeze others automatically from the same repo.

To be honest I have no real idea why it wouldn't be working for you...I think somehow it is failed (or it did fail) getting the list of addons from the repo. Can you force refresh it...does that help??

All the zips are available manually via the github so in theory you could simply download them all, unzip, and pop on your user addons folder with the same result. But nobody else has to do that, so it's odd.

Anyone else having issues? It appears work fine for me?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-05-28

@murph How did you install xsqueeze?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - murph7355 - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-28, 07:19)nickr Wrote: @murph How did you install xsqueeze?
I downloaded the 1.1.1 zip file, and then installed from zip via System, Settings, Add on. (I also tried 1.0.9).

A small dialogue came up straight away that the dependencies are not met.

I had a look in the zip file and couldn't see the xsqueeze items in it. Does the installation get them/create them from the zip, or go back out to the Internet for them?

(Thanks for the help guys).

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-05-28

You need to install the repo and then install the addon from there. Then the dependencies will also get installed. There are instructions, which you do need to read, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XSqueeze#Installation

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - murph7355 - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-28, 10:12)nickr Wrote: You need to install the repo and then install the addon from there. Then the dependencies will also get installed. There are instructions, which you do need to read, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XSqueeze#Installation
Ah.

Straight to the bottom of the class to RTFM Smile

Thanks guys. Your input is very much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mff47025 - 2014-06-04

Ok, I know this isn't designed for Android. But I want to try and make it work.
I have squeezelite running in a linux chroot shell.
I know what command I need to start it from the terminal window of my box.
How do I get this command integrated into XSqueeze or is it not possible?
The command is "busybox chroot /sdcard/linuxroot /etc/init.d squeezebox start"

thanks.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-06-04

Hm, so there's an android binary is there? That's very interesting - and you get playback etc?

Basically, to get it going I need

Output from uname (uname -a I guess) - so I can identify they system (although xbmc has System.Platform.Android boolena I see so maybe not even that). I then need an apprpriate binary, basically. I then modify one file to detect and use the correct binary - which I am happy to do.

To try it out, though, just swap the linux binary for the android one, as it derfaults to linux if it doesn't know what system it is using. Then just add your switches in the settings as you would on any platform and in theory it *should* work.

If it doesn't, post a full minimal debug log to pastebin and I can look!

I am definitely keen to get it working on Android so happy to help....I do have a nexus 7, but bugger all time, so if you can get it started...

If you know any python, look in constants.py at the bottom, it would be very easy from there:
https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/blob/master/staging/script.xsqueeze/constants.py

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mff47025 - 2014-06-04

So there isn't an android bin for squeezelite as far as I know. I have a complete linux system running in the background. It allows me to run the server and player in linux. Both can then be started from a terminal window and the command line, executing a shell command. I am able to get the server to start on boot, but can't get an easy way to start the player.
It just seems to fail when I try and execute it during startup. I believe it is an audio focus issue.

I replace /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 with my script.
(I don't know why Xsqueeze thinks I am on an i386, I should be on arm).

It still doesn't work.
The first log is from when I just moved my script and replaced squeezelite-i386 with it:
http://pastebin.com/kZHQfKkr (around lines 450ish). No good. I thought maybe it was because the exe command has additional arguements that I don't need.
So...
I then modified your constants.py and default.py so the exe command doesn't have any arguements at the end of it.
http://pastebin.com/z5CqfH6h

It didn't really fair any better.
Anyway, that is what I have. I am happy to do some more debugging, though I am running out of free time.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-06-06

This one looks ok on the face of it:
13:54:36 T:1749183704 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '-s', '192.168.1.128']

...specifying a mac and a server. It defintiely wants some arguments. Basically, how do you run it from the command line?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Chluz - 2014-06-07

Hi, First off thanks very much for this plugin. I moved into a new flat and wanted to do multiroom audio. Sonos is ridiculously expensive and completely closed, now witha couple or RPis and an additional XBMC connected to my avr I get great sound everywhere Smile

The add on has been working flawlessly for me, and I got sync between a miniatx machine and the Rpis to works great (just by changing the start delay)

One issue I do have is that I have set my mediacenter to go to standby after 20 min. since you are using an external player with the addon, when your extension is launched xbmc thinks its idle, and goes to standby after 20 min. Some people have reported the same behavior with screensavers. in this thread but I wasn't able to find a solution for this.

I saw you asked a question relating to this here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98408

have you been able to find a solution for this ? I was trying to set screens that would be exceptions to the xbmc timer, but didn't find info on that.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-06-07

I'm afraid not. You might want to ask @rob_webset who is working pretty actively on these sorts of things for his Sonos addon that is fairly similar to this (although I don't think it does playback). If he has a solution I can integrate it, but every time I messed with the screensaver it caused crashes/hangs.

Might also be worth asking team xbmc about this, in the feature requests section I guess.

If you get some ideas/traction somewhere I can have a look at it.

Other than that, glad you like it!

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - Chluz - 2014-06-07

OK thanks, I'll head over to the XBMC team then for this. I think the easiest is to add the xsqueeze screen as one of the exception screens for the timer, and I'm sure they have a section in their code to determine what is idle and what is not Smile

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - mff47025 - 2014-06-09

(2014-06-06, 12:40)bossanova808 Wrote: This one looks ok on the face of it:
13:54:36 T:1749183704 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.1 ### Attempting to start player: ['/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '-s', '192.168.1.128']

...specifying a mac and a server. It defintiely wants some arguments. Basically, how do you run it from the command line?
Sorry for the slow reply. It isn't ok. Because my version of squeezelite-i386 is a sh script. It calls the actual binary which is in linux. The mac address and server are set in the defaults file for squeezelite.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-06-10

Wouldn't you be better to pass through the options?