Kodi Community Forum
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=122199)

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-12-28

It's all good on Helix.

The problem is that artist slideshow needs to be updated. Kodi isn't smart enough to work that out immediately/in order. Once you have the artist slideshow update, xsqueeze will be fine to install.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - vestax2000 - 2014-12-28

hello

When i am trying to install the xsqueeze zip file on the new kodi helix it is ststing dependancies not met, why is this happening please?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-12-28

(2014-12-28, 18:15)vestax2000 Wrote: hello

When i am trying to install the xsqueeze zip file on the new kodi helix it is ststing dependancies not met, why is this happening please?
Jesus wept, read the 2 or 3 posts above yours.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2014-12-28

If on openelec, you might need to wait for rc4 or final as rc3 may not have final kodi code and therefore might not cause the right module updates to occur... But it does work fine, I've tried it on 3 separate platforms

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2014-12-28

5.0 is out now.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - ardsavac - 2014-12-31

I upgraded to openelec 5.0 and now I am having an XSqueeze problem.
192 kHz files are not being played properly with XSqueeze (squeezelite) any more. My receiver reports that the input frequency is 44.1 kHz over the HDMI input for these files. It sounds like it too! audio seems very slowed down.

96 and 88.2 kHz files are fine in XSqueeze. I am able to play 192 kHz files with the built in kodi player. Any ideas? My computer is a chromebox.

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-01-01

Not really related to xsqueeze per se - it uses external players, so something must have changed there (i.e. in the devices/capabilities it sees/auto detects?)

As always, best to get it working as you want from the command line then translate that back in to xsqueeze

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bilbonvidia - 2015-01-03

I installed the logitech squeeze app from google play but can't see an option to synch playback as per the web interface, is it possible with the app or is there another app?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-01-04

There are several squeeze players. Look for one that mentions sync I guess

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - odinb - 2015-01-11

Hi!

Trying to get xsqueeze to work on my Asus Chromebox running Openelec 4.2.1 (Linux OpenELEC-Asus 3.16.3 #1 SMP Sat Oct 4 00:34:16 CEST 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

Started out by installing the "Logitech media server" on my OMV NAS:
Edited /etc/apt/sources.list and added:
## Logitech media server squeezebox
deb http://debian-origin.slimdevices.com stable/testing/unstable main

Then installed LMS:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install logitechmediaserver

Then go to:
http://YOUR_SERVER:9000

This all seems fine and dandy! Webpage works, and it detected all my media and added it to the database!

Now for the client, followed the guide on http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XSqueeze and installed via the bossanova repo and the add-ons menu in xbmc.
Then I added it like suggested as an icon on my skin's home page. For configuration and per instructions, I had it auto-detect my OMV server via the XSqueeze addon settings. Then I added the mac of my Asus chromebox. After this, I tried to start it, but except for some error-message about it not being able to detect my server, nothing happens.

This is the result in the xbmc log from trying to start the xsqueeze player: Pastebin log

any idea what I am missing?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2015-01-11

What version of LMS does that install?

(2015-01-03, 20:20)bilbonvidia Wrote: I installed the logitech squeeze app from google play but can't see an option to synch playback as per the web interface, is it possible with the app or is there another app?
You do it in the control software, eg webbrowser, orange squeeze, etc

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - stARNix - 2015-01-12

Hey bossa,

I'm hitting the following problem:

- Running a LMS Stream (Spotify) on latest KODI
- I'm starting a video, the video starts but the sound is missing. (there is no difference wether I stop the playback first or not)

Is this a known bug ?

Regards
Starnix

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - ysilvela - 2015-01-16

I always obtain a message that request me wait 10 seconds but never starts:

13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) Starting ...
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Called as: ['default.py']
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Installed custom keymap
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Suspended XBMC AE
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Starting local player [squeezelite], system is [windows]
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Attempting to start player: ['C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\resources\\bin\\windows\\squeezelite.exe', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '-s', '127.0.0.1']
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Path is: ['C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze', 'C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.module.b808common\\lib', 'C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.module.xsqueezecommon\\lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python\\DLLs', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python\\Lib', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\python27.zip', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python\\lib\\lib-tk', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\system\\python\\lib\\site-packages', 'C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\resources\\lib\\classes', 'C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\resources\\lib']
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Process ID for player is 10208
13:10:20 T:8352 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Brief pause for dust to settle - 1

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - nickr - 2015-01-17

Looks like it runs to me. Is squeezelite in the process list?

RE: [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC - bossanova808 - 2015-01-17

@ysilvela

FULL DEUG LOG or no help

@stARNix

No
Are you exiting xsqueeze properly before you start the video (with escape/green button/home, not just back)

There's an option in xsqueeze settings to add a delay on exit before resuming AE (in case the device takes a moment to release) - try up to 5 seconds there and see what happens