Writing own movie scraper / Unable to connect to remote Server - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Scraper Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Writing own movie scraper / Unable to connect to remote Server (/showthread.php?tid=122248)
Pages: 1 2
Writing own movie scraper / Unable to connect to remote Server - m0nk3y - 2012-02-07 21:16
I'm completely new in writing movie scrapers so at first I had a look at the Writing media info scrapers guide from the wiki. I created my own scraper to collect information from dokujunkies.org. I could not find the scrap.exe (and it seems to be out of date too) so I tested my scraper with ScraperXML and everything seems to work correctly.
After that I tried several times to include my scraper into XBMC. I succeeded in that by creating a new Folder in ...ProgrammFiles/XBMC/addons/ wich I named "metadata.dokujunkies.org". I pastet the addon.xml from "metadata.themoviedb.org" in there and changed it so it refers to my scraper (also in the new created folder). After that I can select my scraper in XBMC while setting the content of a (movie)source. But when I try to fetch movie/documentation information from that source it says "Unable to connect to remote Server". In the debug log I get "ERROR: failed to load scraper XML".
All the original scrapers work fine and I also have the Youtube addon installed. My version of XBMC is Eden Beta2. I cannot find any further information that may help me neither in XBMC wiki nor in forums or google.
I hope someone of you can help me. If further information like debug logs or the scraper code is needed please just mention it.
- spiff - 2012-02-07 21:29
your scraper xml file is unparseable. open it in a web browser and it should tell you why.
- m0nk3y - 2012-02-07 22:07
I opened the myScraper.xml with FF and IE and it is shown correctly in both. I get no error while opening. Perhabs the scraper code can help you to help me
This scraper will never use the NfoURL function because I dont have any .nfo-files in the video directories.
- spiff - 2012-02-08 12:36
okay, scraper looks fine. make sure your addon.xml is as well, in particular the library=".." entry.
- m0nk3y - 2012-02-09 16:33
Sorry it took so long to reply...birthdays^^
So here we go with the addon.xml (in the same folder as the scraper.xml)
- m0nk3y - 2012-02-10 13:56
Ok I think the addon.xml shouldn't be the problem. I createt a folder named metadata.test.org in the XBMC/addons directory. I pasted a copy of the metadata.themoviedb.org folders content in there. I replaced the addon.xml (the copy of the themoviedb.org-addon.xml) with my addon.xml pasted above. I renamed the tmdb.xml to test.xml (to avoid conflicts with the original tmdb scraper) and edited my addon.xml so it fits (changed scraper name to Test, changed lib path to test.xml).
So I have a copy of the original tmdb.xml connected to my addon.xml. And in XBMC it works just fine. Of course it wont find anything because of the documentation content but I don't get the "Unable to connect to remote Server" message. That's why I think there must be a problem with my scraper.xml but also after hours staring at it and making little changes I couldn't get it.
- vdrfan - 2012-02-10 16:55
From a brief look at it, the url part (<url> is missing in <CreateSearchurl>.
EDIT: GetSearchResults is lacking the <results> node. Please double check all your output and compare it to a scraper that is known to work (such as themoviedb).
- m0nk3y - 2012-02-11 21:04
I added the <url> tag to <CreateSearchUrl> before...still doesn't work. I think <GetSearchResults> is ok
It is filled with <entity><title></title><url></url></entity> for each search result. I will check the output tomorrow again but I did this before.
- vdrfan - 2012-02-12 13:02
Please pastebin the entire xml file so I can have a look at it.
- m0nk3y - 2012-02-12 15:04
Here you go. I checked everything again but still can't find the problem.
I tried to fill the empty tags in <GetDetails> (like <year></year>,....) with some "dummy" data but that didn't change anything.