Kodi Community Forum
XBMC share keeps coming with networkusername and password - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC share keeps coming with networkusername and password (/showthread.php?tid=124049)

XBMC share keeps coming with networkusername and password - Possible01 - 2012-02-27

Hello,

This afternoon my XBMC Live Dharma crashed. So was searching for a newer version for XBMC and installed XBMCUbuntu EDEN beta 2. Everything is working great so far excerpt network shares.

My laptop has Windows 7 + SP1 installed. When I want to connect to the XBMC share, it keeps asking for a username and a networkpassword. This problem did not occure with the Dharma Xbmc live installation.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

I did a clean Windows 7 install but it still prompt up with a username and a password.

- Possible01 - 2012-02-27

Hmmmm anyone? Rolleyes

- DaMizZa - 2012-02-28

I've always had this problem (even after going through great lengths to try and get rid of it - from making sure Windows 7 has password sharing disabled to removing the password on the user accounts on my windows 7 computer) and the only fix I found was to use the username/password you normally use to login to your Windows7 computer, and select the "Remember these credentials for this share" or something along those lines. It hasn't asked for anything since.

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-28

Edit the paths to your network shares to include the user and pass......

smb://USERTongue[email protected]/xbmc/Thumbnails

Mike

- Possible01 - 2012-02-28

Dilligaf Wrote:Edit the paths to your network shares to include the user and pass......

smb://USERTongue[email protected]/xbmc/Thumbnails

Mike

But what user and password i have to fill in? My Windows 7 machine is not password protected. And like I said, with the previos buiild (Dharma) i didnt had this problem.

I also disabled the settings for password protected shares in Windows 7 but dit didnt worked out.

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-28

In Windows a share with "everyone" even when not password protected is only shared with people that have a user set up on that machine. Make sure that whatever user is on logged in on the client computer has a user account on the server.

Mike

- Possible01 - 2012-02-29

Dilligaf Wrote:In Windows a share with "everyone" even when not password protected is only shared with people that have a user set up on that machine. Make sure that whatever user is on logged in on the client computer has a user account on the server.

Mike

Oke i created an account for my windows 7 computer with a password, but the problem is not solved.

Any other ideas?

- cowfodder - 2012-02-29

It's the user name and password you setup when you installed XBMCbuntu.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-03-01

on the windows side in the shared folder options do you have "everyone" in the share group?

- rav666 - 2012-03-02

i had this problem as well, i put in the windows machine\username and password

So my box is called core_i7 and the username is xbmc

so you put this in the username "core_i7\xbmc"

RE: - tunaboat - 2012-05-06

(2012-03-02, 13:42)rav666 Wrote: i had this problem as well, i put in the windows machine\username and password

Yep this worked for me too.

RE: XBMC share keeps coming with networkusername and password - jobe1981 - 2014-01-10

If XBMC is asking you for username and password when you are trying to connect to PC via SMB - you need to go to the file u want to share in Windows, right click, hit share with, hit specific people, click the drop down and select Everyone, then HIT ADD (IMPORTANT I KEPT FORGETTING THIS) and now you don't need username or password.

RE: XBMC share keeps coming with networkusername and password - Momro - 2014-08-10

(2012-05-06, 09:54)tunaboat Wrote:
(2012-03-02, 13:42)rav666 Wrote: i had this problem as well, i put in the windows machine\username and password

Yep this worked for me too.

Worked for me as well. Thanks for the hint!