[RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skin Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin (/showthread.php?tid=124222)
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Japaja - 2012-03-18 11:25
Love what you are doing here. This could become my new default skin.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - tomcatsmalls - 2012-03-18 21:07
I went into the PseudoTV config the make an animation channel for the kids today, There seems to be a font issue there.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-19 01:26
(2012-03-18 21:07)tomcatsmalls Wrote: I went into the PseudoTV config the make an animation channel for the kids today, There seems to be a font issue there.
Yeah, newbra's font.xml fixes the EPG and channel info fonts but does not fix the config. I just switch into Confluence to configure PseudoTV and then pop back into Boxee when done. It's not something I do very frequently so it's no bother for me. Looks like sranshaft is going to try and skin Pseudo for the skin so I'm sure that'll get addressed.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-20 05:38
New screenshots and update. Mostly boring dialogs and some bugfixes. Added skin setting to turn on / off Now Playing item. Clicking any button on the OSD will now close the OSD as well. Updated the music OSD to fit with the new video OSD.
Updated Music OSD
Updated Context Menu
Grab it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/Boxee%20Inspirat/skin.boxee.inspirat.zip
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-20 08:13
First, you continue to be a golden god with these steady updates.
Just a couple quick glitchy things I've noticed on the new version:
1) I'm having the following bizarre glitch whenever I pop into PseudoTV:
It only hangs on the screen for the duration of the overlay that displays whenever I switch channels in PseudoTV.
2) Additionally, hitting 'm' in PseudoTV brings up both the Video OSD and your awesome Boxee-ish browser menu at the same time. During all other video playback, as far as I can tell, it performs the desired behavior of bringing up just the Video OSD.
3) Also, I noticed a bunch of new what-appear-to-be PseudoTV specific script xml files in the 720p folder, with exciting names like "EPG," etc. For whatever reason, for me they don't appear to be working. The EPG still appears as it used to (and the fonts don't pop in), and when I select "Open Channel Configuration" in the Configure Channels settings option within PseudoTV, no menu pops up. I have to hit escape to regain control of XBMC, which suggests that some menu is actually being spawned, I just can't actually see it.
Really hope you can keep up the fantastic work on this, it's coming together amazingly well and has been my default skin for some time now.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-20 08:21
PseudoTV, again, is completely "under developement". In fact, I should have probably just removed the link to it until it's ready. Best to assume that until I post screenshots of PseudoTV working, it's not ready yet. It's taking longer than I expected as, you have seen when you press 'm', it's been a pain in the ass getting everything working in harmony.
In the meantime, if you want PseudoTV to fallback to the default skin, just open the 720p folder under skin.boxee.inspirat and remove the four xml files with pseudotv in the filename.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - newbra - 2012-03-20 10:29
Just checked out the latest update. Couple of comments:
- I like the changes on movie Info screen. Having the slideout there gives it it more consistency. Putting the grey button-border around the play & trailer buttons may look good there.
One bug there: When changing to Plot view, then browsing to some actor with thumb, then bringing up the slideout menu again hides the actor thumb.
- The new context menu I find a little odd. When changing in Settings/Video/File Lists/Default action = Choose... Then clicking a video for instance, then selecting "more" on the 1st page, results in the 2nd page not showing all items and scrolling them. Also the text "clicking ok will....." seems overly instructional because it is beyond obvious.
PS: while developing the original version I played around a lot with the context menu trying to replicate the Boxee 0.9 large info window that pops up when clicking an item. It is somewhat possible to replicate this, by using item.thumb, title etc within the context menu. the reason I gave up on it, was the formatting of all the menu-buttons, title, info, thumb etc. Maybe a larger, no vertical context menu is worth looking at again?
- I noticed the labels within poster/thumb views are left aligned. Is that by design? Centered seems the more logical choice to me.
- For those who want the rss video feed back. I have copied it back in replacing the random items (not lastest). I can post a mod/download later when the skin is a bit more complete.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - ginsengbomb - 2012-03-22 18:37
Can someone offer a hint on how to update/modify the items listed in DialogContextMenu? I love the new look, but I'd like to re-include Update Library (which I'm at least not seeing in the Music library) and Mark As Watched/Unwatched, which is the only way I can get XBMC to mark streams that I've imported into the library using XBMC.MyLibrary as watched.
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - blackjid - 2012-03-22 19:59
Hi!, thanks for this awesome skin....
Any chance to have the source code versioned in some VCS (version control system)? if would be great to use GIT and Github.com to be able to contribute to the project...
I'm would be very pleased to setup the github account and upload the code if it will be used...
RE: [RELEASE] Boxee Inspirat Skin - Sranshaft - 2012-03-23 01:29
(2012-03-22 18:37)ginsengbomb Wrote: Can someone offer a hint on how to update/modify the items listed in DialogContextMenu? I love the new look, but I'd like to re-include Update Library (which I'm at least not seeing in the Music library) and Mark As Watched/Unwatched, which is the only way I can get XBMC to mark streams that I've imported into the library using XBMC.MyLibrary as watched.
Those buttons are still there. You just need to scroll down / up to get to them.