Kodi Community Forum
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only (/showthread.php?tid=124600)

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 04:31)Silvaire Wrote: I'm using an Asus P8H61-M mobo.
(2012-06-17, 05:03)Silvaire Wrote: I've tried everything I can with the Intel drivers, I cannot get them to say DTS-HD in the supported format section in Windows 7 64-bit.

it is capable of doing HD bitstreaming, you might having problem with your intel video or hdmi driver. try to download hdmi audio driver from this Link

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Silvaire - 2012-06-17

Installing the Realtek drivers just adds more Realtek audio devices to the list, but does not impact the HDMI device that connects to my receiver, which seems to be tied to the sole HDMI-out on my motherboard. That device still does not show HD audio as a supported format.

I have 4 devices:

High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio Device
Realtek Digital Output
Realtek HDMI Output

The HDMI seems to be tied to the first one, and the name of the device is DENON-AVAMP.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Silvaire - 2012-06-17

Finally got it working. Uninstalled the Intel graphics driver about 3 times and on the fourth try it listed them. I'm not going to ask questions and just be thankful. :p

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - Senthil - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-17, 05:50)Silvaire Wrote: Finally got it working. Uninstalled the Intel graphics driver about 3 times and on the fourth try it listed them. I'm not going to ask questions and just be thankful. :p

Glad you sorted!

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - rkismet - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-17, 05:50)Silvaire Wrote: Finally got it working. Uninstalled the Intel graphics driver about 3 times and on the fourth try it listed them. I'm not going to ask questions and just be thankful. :p

Glad you got it working...you may want to consider disabling the A/V in the bios too...IMHO

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - getafix - 2012-06-20

Hi

I am batlling to play the following Bluray ISO. I was not able to play it on Eden at all, but am now able to play it but it "stutters quite badly"

I have various other BR ISO that seem to play fine and I am getting True HD audio.

Here is a copy of a debug log.

Your help will be appreciated.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - rkismet - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 15:38)getafix Wrote: Hi

I am batlling to play the following Bluray ISO. I was not able to play it on Eden at all, but am now able to play it but it "stutters quite badly"

I have various other BR ISO that seem to play fine and I am getting True HD audio.

Is it "Title = Celine Dion: A New Day - Live in Las Vegas" that you are have an issue with? If so, it looks like its an issue with the ISO...
--ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure--
--DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error--

...and the error is on the video side so im not sure that this is the best place for your question.

However, you might want to try using makemkv then handbrake nightly (w/ advanced settings in sound). See if you can transcode->re-encode the video (leaving the sound intacted)...you might be able to "fix" it.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - getafix - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 16:15)rkismet Wrote:
(2012-06-20, 15:38)getafix Wrote: Hi

Is it "Title = Celine Dion: A New Day - Live in Las Vegas" that you are have an issue with? If so, it looks like its an issue with the ISO...
--ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure--
--DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error--

...and the error is on the video side so im not sure that this is the best place for your question.

However, you might want to try using makemkv then handbrake nightly (w/ advanced settings in sound). See if you can transcode->re-encode the video (leaving the sound intacted)...you might be able to "fix" it.

Thank you for your post. What I will try and do is to re rip the file to ISO.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - thrak76 - 2012-06-20

I keep trying to install Damian's "AE-final" build linked in the OP, but I can never successfully launch XBMC. It just crashes before getting anywhere, and generating a crash-log.

How do I go about posting a crash-log to help diagnose my issues?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - steelman1991 - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-20, 22:34)thrak76 Wrote: I keep trying to install Damian's "AE-final" build linked in the OP, but I can never successfully launch XBMC. It just crashes before getting anywhere, and generating a crash-log.

Why not just try one of the nightly builds - AE has been included in them since early May - or is there a particular reason you want to use that build?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - thrak76 - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 08:31)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2012-06-20, 22:34)thrak76 Wrote: I keep trying to install Damian's "AE-final" build linked in the OP, but I can never successfully launch XBMC. It just crashes before getting anywhere, and generating a crash-log.

Why not just try one of the nightly builds - AE has been included in them since early May - or is there a particular reason you want to use that build?

I've had either the same crashing problems, or another error with a "side by side configuration" message after installation (or something) with the nightlies, as when i tried to install the AE-final build. I can install and run the Eden final the HD patch fine. Well, there are some problems but I won't discuss those here.

I had to do a clean OS install after a disk failure and have had nothing but problems trying to get xbmc running smooth again...

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - steelman1991 - 2012-06-21

That's a pity - seems to be hit or miss for some users - mine has been rock solid since early May to the extent that I haven't touched the installation since.

This thread has to some degree become unsupported since the introduction of nightly builds (with the inclusion of AE). My suggestion would be to download attempt install and then look for support in the sticky on the windows forums - I think it was DDDamians intention to support that thread and let this one slide.

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - DocMAX - 2012-07-01

Will there be Dolby ProLogic IIx decoding in the future?

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - FilmMax - 2012-07-02

Hi,
Have some troubles with XBMC AE. My reciver is an ONKYO and the sound works fine for a week ago. But now I dont get any sound att all in XBMC,
I only get error in log:
22:15:31 T:3424 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Unable to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2147024809 - (E_INVALIDARG).
22:15:31 T:3424 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
22:15:32 T:3424 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Unable to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2147024809 - (E_INVALIDARG).
22:15:32 T:3424 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
22:15:43 T:216 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

The whole log is here:
http://pastebin.com/xQMKDSBp

Thanks for help

RE: [Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only - steefen.h - 2012-07-03

hi all...
i have an issue with just installed nightly and audioengine..
when enabling hdmi with 2.0 speakers and only AC3 enabled
audio out to directsound:hdmi
audio out passthrough to: directsound:SPDIF

I have only sound on my panasonic receiver (via SPDIF) but not on my panasonic TV

when disabling AC3 and keeping the other settings as is i have only sound on my TV but not on the receiver...

any thoughts?