Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-08-12

Ok it appears to be logging the property name, not the value of the property:

22:06:33 T:1528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: current song title from skin is Window(13000).Property(XSQUEEZE_TRACK_0_TITLE)

And I am definitely NOT getting bios....no changes at my end I can think of... Can I do anything to help find the issue? Where are the bios cached? I can't find any bio files in the addon_data folder, jsut images and an nfo for images.

Artists are well known, e.g Frank Ocean, Dirty Projectors etc.....so something should be available.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 14:11)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok it appears to be logging the property name, not the value of the property:

22:06:33 T:1528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: current song title from skin is Window(13000).Property(XSQUEEZE_TRACK_0_TITLE)

Fixed that and pushed the change to the repo.

Quote:And I am definitely NOT getting bios....no changes at my end I can think of... Can I do anything to help find the issue? Where are the bios cached? I can't find any bio files in the addon_data folder, jsut images and an nfo for images.

Artists are well known, e.g Frank Ocean, Dirty Projectors etc.....so something should be available.

Bios should be cached in a file named artistbio.nfo and stored in the same directory as the cached images.

Your not getting any bios at all? Can we start with one basic check? In the add-on settings can you look and make sure that Download additional artist information is checked? If that isn't the issue, it might be worth creating an override bio (see a few posts up for that new feature) just to see if it's getting displayed properly. If neither of those things gives us useful info, I'll add a bunch more logging to the bio download and we'll see what we find.

Sorry you're having such a hard time with the bios.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-08-13

Honestly that could be it,I've been changing versions all over the place lately (moved from Linux to Win on my main box, and moved all testing versions to Frodo a3) - and I may just have been that dumb!! I will check and let you know tonight....

[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-08-13

Yup. I am that dumb. Haven't looked in the a.s settings in ages!!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2012-08-17

@pkscuot, please update translate for Portuguese (Brazil),

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist%20Slide%20Show/strings.xml

Thanks,

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 01:55)Wanilton Wrote: @pkscuot, please update translate for Portuguese (Brazil),

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist%20Slide%20Show/strings.xml

Thanks,

Wanilton

Done. It's in my github repo. I'm planning to put in a pull request tomorrow.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-17

Just an FYI, v1.4.2 is in the repo now. No changes from the last beta, just a version number bump so everyone who was testing gets the official release.

v.1.4.2
- updated featured artist parsing to support radio streams
- updated featured artist parsing to support calls from external scripts
- updated the notifications logic when downloading images
- added notification if no images downloaded
- added notification when all downloads complete
- added ability to override artist bio, albums, and similar artists with local info
- fixed bug when using both local and remote images
- added French localization strings and description (thanks to mikebzh44)
- updated Portuguese-Brazil strings (thanks to Wanilton)
- UTF8 encoded message strings

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ronie - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 22:59)pkscuot Wrote: v.1.4.2
- updated featured artist parsing to support radio streams
- updated featured artist parsing to support calls from external scripts
- updated the notifications logic when downloading images

notifications are meh..
no way to disable the notifications is a double meh...

just 2 cents from an oldtimer who's still using this script ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 23:10)ronie Wrote: notifications are meh..

Agree 300%
I find it pretty annoying

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Crowly - 2012-08-17

Don't know if this has already been reported, or if its a problem with this Add-on. But when i set it up for a colleague of mine to day i encountered an issue with a Norwegian letter, Ø (i would guess Æ and Å gives the same issue) in the user name on Windows 7, which of course affects the path to the user settings for XBMC. In this case the user name was øystein, so the path became c:\users\øystein\appdata\....

This add-on just gave an script error when i went into full screen. The quick solution was just to create another user without one of the extra Norwegian letters in the user name.

If this is a problem with the add-on it would be nice if that could be fixed. If its a Windows issue (or something else), this might be useful information for others that might encounter the same problem Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - solidsatras - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 22:59)pkscuot Wrote: v.1.4.2

All these notifications are messing with my beautiful Skin, please make them go away Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 23:10)ronie Wrote: notifications are meh..

I'll look at adding an option to enable/disable notifications. In the meantime you can work around this by enabling the Display progress images during first download and then pointing the folder to an empty directory (in the advanced settings). If you enable the custom progress images it won't show any of the notifications.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-18

New beta version available that has an option to disable notifications available here. In fact, the default is to show no notifications. You need to go into settings and select either text notifications or custom image notifications to have any notifications regarding download status.

@mikebzh44 @Wanilton. The strings changed again. I put English in for the settings that have changed. When you two have a chance, please send me updated language files. @Wanilton, if you'd like the description of the addon in Portuguese, send that to me as well (like mikebz44 did for the French strings), and I'll add it. If not, no big deal.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ronie - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-18, 22:09)pkscuot Wrote: New beta version available that has an option to disable notifications available here. In fact, the default is to show no notifications.

great, thx!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 00:03)ronie Wrote: great, thx!

I thought I'd better fix it, 'cause when ronie ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Tongue

Once I get updated language files and make sure there isn't anymore feedback, I'll request another pull request (probably late next week).