Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 16:00)Skank Wrote: Any idea why my slideshow artist is downloading only 5/10 times art to show?
Some i dont have art yet , and then sometimes it doesnt download either nor look for it

I'd have to see a debug log to be sure, but here are some things to look at:

1- have you elected to have images downloaded from both last.FM and htbackdrops?

2- Have you restricted the size or aspect ratio of the images?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Skank - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 16:27)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 16:00)Skank Wrote: Any idea why my slideshow artist is downloading only 5/10 times art to show?
Some i dont have art yet , and then sometimes it doesnt download either nor look for it

I'd have to see a debug log to be sure, but here are some things to look at:

1- have you elected to have images downloaded from both last.FM and htbackdrops?

2- Have you restricted the size or aspect ratio of the images?

1. yes
2. yes only 16:9 images

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Skank - 2012-09-19

Any ideas?
If the addon is downloading i get a message in upper right corner, also when finished.
Problem is with u2, coldplay... It Doesnt seem to even start downloading.. Although its not showing art.. What could be wrong? Why is het gettings stuff from one artist and not from the other..

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Skank - 2012-09-20

Is there a way to manually trigger slideshow artist to download info/art from selected art?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-19, 11:22)Skank Wrote: Any ideas?
If the addon is downloading i get a message in upper right corner, also when finished.
Problem is with u2, coldplay... It Doesnt seem to even start downloading.. Although its not showing art.. What could be wrong? Why is het gettings stuff from one artist and not from the other..

I really need a debug log to help you any further.

(2012-09-20, 08:37)Skank Wrote: Is there a way to manually trigger slideshow artist to download info/art from selected art?

No. Artist Slideshow is designed to show artwork during playback. It is not meant to be a download utility.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Skank - 2012-09-21

Strangely but now it works

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-09-24

Hey pkscout

Anyway we can improve on the exit resiliance of XSqueeze/AS? I am having some issues - due to some necessary changes in my threading, I am hanging on:

Code:
#wait here for Artist slideshow to finish, can occasionally take several seconds
      while (not xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()).getProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CleanupComplete") == "True"):
        log("Still waiting for artistslideshow to stop")
        xbmc.sleep(1000)

...I think the call to xbmc.sleep means the thread never unlocks from the current lock this is all wrapped in, so it just hangs there....

AS takes a *long* time to exit - without it my addon exits instantly, but even without this hang, it can take up to 10+ seconds, which is...inelegant.

If I remove the while loop above, AS will crash:

Code:
16:39:44 T:6008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: access_voilation
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 743, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 155, in __init__
                                                self.WINDOW.clearProperty("ArtistSlideshowRunning")
                                            RuntimeError: access_voilation
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Can you maybe check if the window exists or just wrap it up in a try/except or something?

I'd really like to
a) not hang Smile
and
b) exit much more quickly if possible.

Any ideas on improvementsHuh

(testing with Frodo nightlies, which are a bit of a mess from a Python perspective!)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 08:49)bossanova808 Wrote: Can you maybe check if the window exists or just wrap it up in a try/except or something?

I'd really like to
a) not hang Smile
and
b) exit much more quickly if possible.

Python threading is not really my thing. I'm open to other ideas on how to handle this, and we could certainly try wrapping the property change, but if you exit your script before AS does, you'll probably crash XBMC. So a slow to close app is probably better than one that crashes XBMC when it exits. Big Grin

The other hickup is that I'm moving from the east coast of the US to Hawaii for a new job, so I'm going to be pretty busy for the next month or so and won't have time to do much updating or testing.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-09-25

Hey

OK well in that case I have taken the liberty of trying some stuff:

http://pastebin.com/8MsYYuKA

...a new default.py which basically wraps all the set/clear property stuff in a single function that will set or clear a property, and not crash if the window is not available

I can now enter and exit repeatedly (either very quickly or after longer playback sessions) without any issue and MUCH quicker. No crashes.
If you have time can you maybe check this out and consider it for inclusion - can't see it causing many issues to be honest.

(the log gets a bit messy but I think that will cleanup once all the python codegen merge stuff is complete...)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - timoxx4 - 2012-09-25

Hi,

First time user here.

I have installed the latest version from the xbmc add-ons list and i am having a problem where it is getting stuck on one artists pictures and wont move on to the next artists pictures ?

I can start playing an album from one artist and it works fine, Downloads a heap of pictures and displays them as a slide show just fine. Then when i select another album to play from a different artist the pictures are still the ones from the first artist and stay that way no matter what artist i choose ? It gets stuck on it it seems.

Even though i have had it display these other artists before so it should have all the pictures for them on disk already downloaded in the cache ?

I also have it set to download 16:9 images only but that's not working either as it is getting all sorts of sized and shaped images that don't fit the screen and heaps of the image is getting chopped off because its not 16:9 ?

Am using Aeon Nox and Frodo build of XBMC.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - daftu - 2012-09-26

I've problem with this addon when trying to play song containing some local (polish) characters in artist name (script crashes and I have to restart xbmc to make it active again).
Thanks for help.

Code:
19:36:21 T:1328542816   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 49-50: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 743, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 134, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 174, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._get_local_images()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 499, in _get_local_images
                                                files = os.listdir(self.CacheDir)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 49-50: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Edit: After installing 1.4.4.1 from github the problem seems gone Smile
Thanks for great addon!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - daftu - 2012-09-26

There's another problem with ver. 1.4.4.1. After playing first song in the list (or party mode) with Artist Slideshow active and working properly the script stopped (in logs there is only this message: "DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script stopped", no errors, no warnings).

After pressing Tab (exit preview mode) and Tab again (back to preview mode) Artist Slideshow starts working again and it's working for about 2 or 3 next songs. Then situation repeates (DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: script stopped).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2012-10-02

Just did a pull request for my proposed exit/_set_property changes...

Hope your move goes well!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-02, 13:02)bossanova808 Wrote: Just did a pull request for my proposed exit/_set_property changes...

Thanks, I saw the pull request. My initial look through the code didn't raise any red flags. I'm going to try to squeeze in a few minutes early next week to get a new beta out with these changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pepito62 - 2012-10-04

I just installed XBMC 11.

I installed the addon "Artist SlideShow" 1.4.4

When I listen to a song and I go into "listen". TAB key

I get an error, here are the details:

What is the problem?

Quote:13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
13:28:39 T:2292 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 743, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 134, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 185, in _use_correct_artwork
self._start_download()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\computer\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 342, in _start_download
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Notification("' + __language__(30300).encode("utf8") + '", "' + __language__(30301).encode("utf8") + '", 5000, ' + __addonicon__ + ')')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
13:28:39 T:2292 INFO: Python script stopped