Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - shivanair - 2012-12-08

Hi,

I am using MQ4.
I am unable to see the artist fanart as a background slideshow in the "Music" home screen for the song that is currently playing.
The add-on downloads successfully the artist image and rotates in the square box on left, however the image does not appear in the larger home screen at the back . The add-on says completed downloading artist images.
However, I am unable to see the artist fanart as a background picture in the "Music" home screen. Please help.

Click here to see screenshot
http://www.4shared.com/photo/vCPsake4/IM...00844.html

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2012-12-08

@shivanair, the skin donĀ“t use artist slideshow for show fanarts in home, only need have fanart and extrafanart for artist, only use addon for widget (square box), nothing wrong.
Go to collection, top menu, arts, active Extrafanarts, set path to music files root, I believe this solve your trouble.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - butchabay - 2012-12-15

I use to run artist slideshow on home once an album starts playing, worked fine before i've installed xbmc RC1.

Startup.xml:

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>

now i get constantly Artist Slideshow script.failed on starting up xbmc.

Any ideas?

System: Win7, Artist Slideshow Vers.1.4.6

Thanx

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-16

I'd have to see a debug log to help. Is this with one of your skins or a different one.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - butchabay - 2012-12-16

Thanx, i'll post a debug log this evening.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - butchabay - 2012-12-16

Don't know why, now everything is running perfect again.
Anyway if i notice something i let you know.

Thanx

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-16, 21:35)butchabay Wrote: Don't know why, now everything is running perfect again.
Anyway if i notice something i let you know.

I find sometimes if I just threaten to create a debug log that things start working again. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - rigo - 2012-12-26

hi
im pretty sure that the question is already answered in the prev 33 sites, but i dont find it.
how to auto-start the artist slideshow if i start to play a music?
it auto-starts if i set the default music visualisation, but i wouldnt need the stupid bars, only the artist slideshow.
i use the neon skin.
thanks!
r

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - lex92_14 - 2012-12-28

Any chance/way of getting more sources for fan art integrated into Artist Slideshow?
For example theaudioDB has a bunch of stuff that I would like...

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-28, 12:54)lex92_14 Wrote: Any chance/way of getting more sources for fan art integrated into Artist Slideshow?
For example theaudioDB has a bunch of stuff that I would like...

There's always a chance. Wink

I took a look at TheAudioDB site, and there is an alpha version of the API available. I'd prefer to wait until it's stable before adding it, so when it gets added is somewhat dependent on when they at least get the API to a beta stage. It also looks like they are going to be using JSON rather than XML, and I'm pretty sure the other two sources are XML. So that will add some time to my work. Oh, and it looks like they expect you to have the MusicBrainz ID, and my recollection is that piece of data was to be added to XBMC in Frodo. So this (and support for fanart.tv, which has the same MusicBrainz ID requirement) will be a Frodo only feature.

Speaking of which, I just put a pull request in for updates to both the Eden and Frodo versions. All these versions add are some language files from Transflex and updates for the new required dependency numbering requirements for Frodo. This will be the last release of Artist Slideshow for Eden (barring major bugs).

In the short term, you can download the images you want from TheAudioDB and set them up as local folders for AS to use.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - jbrennancatfish - 2012-12-30

I have a question about Artist Slideshow 1.4.6, it may be stupid so I apologize in advance. I am running Raspbmc on a raspberrypi model b 512. I can download the add-on successfully with no errors showing but it doesn't seem to do anything... I don't know if this is do to some settings I am missing or if it just doesn't work on a pi... My media is stored on an external HD that is connected to the pi via usb hub. All media is meticulously organized and tagged to work with previous xbmc builds on my laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-01-02

Your skin has to have support for Artist Slideshow. Check out the link in my signature to the wiki page where you'll find the necessary Confluence mods and a description of all the settings.

Re: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - BuhSnarf - 2013-01-03

Hi,

I'm having a problem where the script is downloading pictures for similar artists. For example for the band fun I get images of fun and Fun Lovin Criminals. Is there anyway to make the search only list the artist that is playing and not fuzzy searching. It's led to some unsafe images to be playing whilst my little one is listening to her music!

Thanks,

Buhsnarf.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 14:36)BuhSnarf Wrote: I'm having a problem where the script is downloading pictures for similar artists. For example for the band fun I get images of fun and Fun Lovin Criminals. Is there anyway to make the search only list the artist that is playing and not fuzzy searching. It's led to some unsafe images to be playing whilst my little one is listening to her music!

Unfortunately, no. The artist name is sent to the various services using their APIs, and there is no way of which I know to specify a "tight" search. What I have done in those cases is use a local override folder (see the wiki page for information on that) for problematic artists. To make things a little easier, I go to my XBMC userdata folder and grab the images that the plugin downloaded (it's in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow) and copy them to a local directory. Then I just delete the ones I don't want. The cached data doesn't store stuff by name, so you do have to look through folders to find the right artist.

Hope that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2013-01-05

(2012-03-07, 19:25)pkscuot Wrote: I have updated the Confluence MusicVisualization.xml and MusicOSD.xml to support Artist Slideshow. You can download the XBMC Eden (v11) or XBMC Frodo (v12) version.

Once you install these two files, Confluence will use Artist Slideshow to provide the background. If you bring up the music OSD you will get the artist biography.

Why can't AS be properly integrated with Confluence, e.g. as a visualization add-on? It took me months after I first installed it to realize that I needed to install modified skin files in order for it to work. That I have to keep manually doing this after XBMC upgrades is a PITA. It is a visualization choice and should appear in the visualization selection menu along with ProjectM etc.

At a bare minimum, when AS is installed it needs to tell the user of need to manually install these customized skin files.