Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-01-14

(2013-01-14, 04:27)msfc Wrote: Thank you. I have got the new file. The main AS window is now at the back but the Artist Bio and other albums windows are still on the top. IIRC in Eden the artist bio was also behind other visualisations.
The pieces that show the artist bio and such are in MusicOSD.xml. I checked the Frodo files against the Eden ones, and there are no substantive differences. It seems to me that the on-screen display should always display on top of anything else, otherwise there would be no purpose in having it. If you want to see the OSD without all the artist bio stuff, you can invoke the OSD using the "i" key instead of the "m" key. That'll invoke INFO rather than PLAYER CONTROLS.

Quote:I have another topic. I have several songs with multiple artists. For example one with Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. It is apparent from XBMC's library behaviour that the correct way to tag such songs is "artist a; artist b". Then the entries for each artist will show the song and when it is playing the display shows the names separated by a "/". If I use e.g. "artist a & artist b" a new artist is created with that name in the library.

With songs tagged like this, AS shows info and photos only for the first artist. It would be wonderful if it could show them for each artist. It could so so serially, perhaps displaying each artist for an equal amount of the song's time. I.e.,
That functionality already exists. You can separate using " / " (notice the spaces), "feat. <artist name>" and "ft. <artist name>" This is somewhat consistent with the way the scrapers do it. I've never found any documentation for exactly what the XBMC scrapers separate on. I know the three I'm using were the two primary ones in Eden. If someone can point me to documentation on the scraper separators, I'll be glad to make sure AS uses the same rules. Or perhaps in Frodo there is a way to get all the artists bask as an array instead of just the raw string.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - gpiccon - 2013-01-25

Where are images stored? I mean, is it possible to have a path for a skin I'm doing? I've all images with movies and artists portraits.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-25, 21:07)gpiccon Wrote: Where are images stored? I mean, is it possible to have a path for a skin I'm doing? I've all images with movies and artists portraits.

It depends. If the user sets AS to use only remote artwork (i.e. stuff downloaded from the internet), then the artwork is stored in the addon_data folder for Artist Slideshow (i.e. userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow). If a user is using only local artwork, then they specify the location is the settings. If they are using a combination, then the artwork could be in either (or both) places. There is a window property you could look at to get the directory of the currently playing artist, and I suspect that might be all you need. From the wiki page, that property is Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Katch - 2013-01-26

[intro rant]
Ok, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or been answered a 1000 times before but my google fu and forum search fu aren't strong enough to get the answer for me. I know it will be something obvious but it's driving me mad.
[/into rant]

For some of my music there seems to be some lingering fanart hiding away somewhere - when playing these artists with artist slideshow enabled I get a funky double exposure of the fanart and the slideshow.

Where on earth do I need to go to disable the fanart and just have the slide show?

Setup is modified confluence with latest slideshow addon.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lame Q

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 18:51)Katch Wrote: For some of my music there seems to be some lingering fanart hiding away somewhere - when playing these artists with artist slideshow enabled I get a funky double exposure of the fanart and the slideshow.

Where on earth do I need to go to disable the fanart and just have the slide show?

Assuming your using Frodo, go to System -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings. In the Background options area, select HIDE FANART IN FULL SCREEN VISUALIZATION. I think that should do it. If you're running Eden, it's the same setting, but it's in a slightly different place.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Katch - 2013-01-26

thank you! I knew it was something obvious - I always forget to check in the skin setting menu when looking for things since they moved it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - anthony74700 - 2013-01-27

Hi,

Sorry for the newby question... Confused
I'm using XBMC Eden (confluence) on Mac OS 10.8.
I can't find the original MusicOSD & MusicVisualisation files to replace... I had a look at the previous posts and I have seen that some persons are confused too but I still don't get how to instal AS...

Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Thev00d00 - 2013-02-09

Any chance of adding fanart.tv support?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 16:40)Thev00d00 Wrote: Any chance of adding fanart.tv support?

It's on the list, but I will need full MusicBrainz ID support before I can implement it. I was hoping that would make it for Frodo, but I believe it's only partially there.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - weeone - 2013-02-10

posted deleted

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 01:03)weeone Wrote: Now I have a question / In the configuration settings of Artist Slideshow if I choose to use my own folder of collected images for a certain artist / and I select the override folder option.

The artist bio will not display,even if I have all settings to set correctly / the slideshow is displayed and is excellent,although no bio /if I set back to default then the bio returns.
If I understand you correctly, you are selecting a folder in the ADVANCED settings for the option that says OVERRIDE SLIDESHOW FOLDER. If so, that is the correct behavior currently. It doesn't look like it would be that hard to allow artist bio info to be downloaded even if you are using the override folder, so I can add that to the feature requests for the next version.

Quote:Also is it possible to set a sideshow folder and use my own images, for each individual artist.
That is already possible. There is an option in SLIDESHOW called LOCAL ARTIST FOLDER. You point that to the directory that will contain the folders for each artist and then select the IMAGE PRIORITY. You can elect to use only your local images, your local images first and then ones downloaded by the add on, or the reverse. See the wiki page for more information (link in my signature).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - weeone - 2013-02-11

post deleted

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 10:19)weeone Wrote: Is it also possible to add your own artist info/in a way that you could also display that on the screen.

That is already possible. Please see the wiki page linked in my signature for information on how to set that up.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - weeone - 2013-02-11

PK,Thank you for all your assistance in advancing my knowledge of Artist Slideshow // Cheers weeone

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2013-02-17

I have been away for 3 weeks. On my return I found that now only the first paragraph of the artist's bio is displayed along with "Read more about <artist> on last.fm." Is this a change to AS or is this something dictated by last.fm? I do not like it because there is no easy way to visit last.fm for more info while the song is playing. Even when songs are not playing visiting last.fm for more info is inconvenient. If this is a change to AS, please either revert it or add an option to select the old behavior.

Compared to when the complete artist bio was shown, Frodo was updated to the release version (I think) and AS has been updated.