Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 15:37)KevinSartori Wrote: I looked through the options, but didn't see a feature I'm looking for, so I thought I'd ask here. Is there a way to have the artist pictures displayed without cropping? I'll love to be able to see the whole picture and would prefer black bars to maintain aspect ratio. This would be especially nice for some of the lower resolution images.

How the images are displayed are a function of the skin you are using. If you are using the modified Confluence files I provide, then the artwork should keep it's aspect ratio. I'd suggest contacting the skin author for the skin you use to see if there is an option somewhere to chose how to handle artist artwork.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 15:41)msfc Wrote: On the earlier multiple artists issue, the way Music Brainz tags them is separating them with ';'. That is what their auto tagger tool does and what I have now done with all the relevant tracks in my collection. XBMC displays such tags separated with '/'. Since AS does not show multiple artists for this case, I'm guessing it is seeing the tags before XBMC re-writes the ';' to '/'. Please add ';' to the list of separators you mentioned?

I can add that. Is Music Brainz splitting with just the semicolon, or some space as well? i.e.
';' - no spaces
'; ' - trailing space
' ; ' - leading and trailing space

These are all different and would need to be dealt with separately.

Right now I don't believe I can query XBMC for the separators it is using. What I'd really like is for XBMC to pass me an array of artists for a given song. Then I wouldn't have to try and keep up with any updates to the way XBMC separates multiple artists. I just posted that request/question to the developer forum, so we'll see what happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-02-20

pkscuot, here are two logs for the problem I was having with the inaccurate slideshow artwork

http://pastebin.com/uMAiCy2b
http://pastebin.com/Tr4YNrgw

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-21

OK, in the first one I definitely see an issue. For some reason ArtistSlideshow generated a runtime error and stopped. The error is kind of generic (access violation) and one I have seen in other people's logs from time to time. I've never been able to figure out what is causing it, but I'll take another look.

So at least you know you aren't going crazy now. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-02-21

Thanks for taking a look

One more thing, if you notice, I send a command to switch to the Movie Library page and then hit the skip song button on my remote. After that, I hit the previous button which takes me back to the Music Visualization page where Artist Slideshow is active. That is when the error occurs I think. I'm able to recreate the problem everytime I do those steps

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - KevinSartori - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-20, 23:29)pkscuot Wrote: How the images are displayed are a function of the skin you are using. If you are using the modified Confluence files I provide, then the artwork should keep it's aspect ratio. I'd suggest contacting the skin author for the skin you use to see if there is an option somewhere to chose how to handle artist artwork.

Aha! Thanks for that. I'm using the Quartz skin with Eden. I'm certainly not any kind of programmer, but I downloaded your Confluence files and compared the MusicVisualisation.xml files. For those interested, here's the change I made to get the artist images to display without being cropped:

Find this section:
Code:
<control type="multiimage" description="Slideshow">

And change this line:
Code:
<aspectratio aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>

to this line:
Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

That did it! Thanks again for your help!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-02-21

Kevin,

Could you take a look at my file at this link please

http://pastebin.com/fAZ87uU8

and let me know what line to change for Aeon Nox

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - KevinSartori - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-21, 01:56)johnsills1 Wrote: Kevin,

Could you take a look at my file at this link please

http://pastebin.com/fAZ87uU8

and let me know what line to change for Aeon Nox

I took a look, but unfortunately that's a lot more complicated than the other files! Honestly, I really have no idea how to code and I guess I kind of got lucky on that last one!

Sorry, but I have no idea how or where to fix that! Maybe one of the skin coders here could help...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-21

There's a new beta version available (1.5.1). I would greatly appreciate it if some folks would test this on their systems, as I had a number of crashes when recoding this. I've been running it on my system for 3 hours with no issues now, but I'd like some other data points.

v.1.5.1
- fixed bug on Windows where once override or fallback were set they could not be unset
- changed artist bio download so it downloads even if just showing the override images
- updated artist bio infolabel to filter out link to READ MORE on last.fm
- changed to using JSON call to get artist array from XBMC rather than manually splitting
- new language files for Danish and Italian
- updated addon.xml with new information and format for repo database

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

There are two substantive changes to note.

First, for music playing with the built-in player (that's most everything), AS now gets a list of artists back from XBMC. That means if your scraper is able to split out multiple artists, AS will now respect that. For streams (where the artist is often in the title) and addons that call AS, AS still does a manual parse, but I won't be trying to keep that up-to-date. The manual parser will continue to support slash separated artists (i.e. ' / ') as well as feat. and ft.

Second, if you are using the override or fallback folder settings, you need to go into the updated settings file and re-enable them. Your path will still be there, but now you have a radio button you have to enable as well. That fixed an issue (at least on Windows) where once you set that path you couldn't unset it without resetting all the settings.

Please note that if you are using a non-English install the settings will be lacking two descriptions. I'm waiting on Transifex to get my changes and for the translators to update the strings.

And just as a point of interest, moving forward AS versions ending in odd numbers (like 1.5.1) will be beta/test versions. Even numbers will go into the official repo. That way if you are testing for me you will get the production release without having to do anything special.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-02-23

As described above in reference to cropping, could you take a look at the Aeon Nox skin and help with the cropping issue for that skin if you get time.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-02-23

I attempted to install the 1.51 Beta, but it said the addon was broken Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-23

Hmmm. I'm not seeing that here when I install from the zip file, but that could be because I already have the beta version installed. Try this:

1- download the zip from the link provided before
2- unzip it
3- rename the directory to script.artistslideshow
4- quit XBMC (if you have it running)
5- replace the existing AS install with the new one
6- start XBMC

In case you don't know, the addon will be in the addons directory. That directory is at the same level as your user data folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-02-26

Back in October, you had this post from a user:

BenAtNVS Wrote: does it possible to override the artist image slideshow only for some specific artist? (Not use the remote image for one artist in fact). I hope someone understand my question.

In the add-on settings look for the grouping labeled "Slideshow." In there you can set the Image Priority to "Use local images first." Then anytime you have local images for an artist, those images will be used instead of downloading images. For any artist without local images, the add-on will try and download remote images.

---------------

That is what I want to do but I have a few questions about how to set it up. With 1.47 of AS on Eden, I have two choices of folders to name: Fallback slideshow folder and Override slideshow folder. I assume these are global folders.

What folder structure do I create to hold a specific artist's images, so that AS first looks in that folder? Is the word "Grouping" intended as a folder name? And do I use JPG or TBN extensions?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-02-26

Check the wiki page for the folder structure question. Specifically section 5.2. You can use jpg or tbn file extensions. Or any other image type XBMC supports for that matter.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-03-04

Hello

Thank you for the great add-on.

I have a question, what to do when the Artist SlideShow is displaying the incorrect image(s) for an artist ?

I added a House DJ this guy, but its picking up someone else with the same name on Last.FM here.

Can I override this somehow ?

Thanks again.