Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-03-14

Hi

I seem to be getting a script failed for the Artist SlideShow add-on, seems to happen if I am playing a music album and then whilst its still playing I start playing a video. Doesn't happen all the time, just some times.

I had debug logging turned on just now and it happen again. After it happens the Artist slideshow does not work again until a restart.

Please see the log file.

Thanks

http://pastebin.com/zaYCU35n

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'artist' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 782, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 139, in __init__
                                                if set( self.ALLARTISTS ) <> set( self._get_current_artist() ):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 496, in _get_current_artist
                                                response = xbmc.Player().getMusicInfoTag().getTitle()[0:(artist.find('-'))-1]
                                            NameError: global name 'artist' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-14

Yea, that's a bug in the beta code. I'll see about fixing it and posting an update.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-14, 02:51)pkscuot Wrote: Yea, that's a bug in the beta code. I'll see about fixing it and posting an update.

Thank you pkscuot.

Is it possible to completely disable the Artist SlideShow from being displayed? Obviously I would prefer to have it working and visible but if not maybe I can just turn it off? I am using Aeon MQ4 skin.

Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 16:31)cw-kid Wrote: Is it possible to completely disable the Artist SlideShow from being displayed? Obviously I would prefer to have it working and visible but if not maybe I can just turn it off? I am using Aeon MQ4 skin.

That's probably a skin question. There may be a setting in Aeon MQ4 to disable AS. You could try just deleting the AS addon, but if Aeon MQ4 lists AS as required, I think it would just download the production version from the repo again.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 20:10)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 16:31)cw-kid Wrote: Is it possible to completely disable the Artist SlideShow from being displayed? Obviously I would prefer to have it working and visible but if not maybe I can just turn it off? I am using Aeon MQ4 skin.

That's probably a skin question. There may be a setting in Aeon MQ4 to disable AS. You could try just deleting the AS addon, but if Aeon MQ4 lists AS as required, I think it would just download the production version from the repo again.

Disable it in addons browser

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-18

I've got an updated 1.5.1 beta available. This should fix the crash cw-kid was seeing.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 21:35)pkscuot Wrote: I've got an updated 1.5.1 beta available. This should fix the crash cw-kid was seeing.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

Many thanks I will try it now, the script crashing only seemed to happen when playback stopped on something but not all the time, just sometimes.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mondog - 2013-03-19

I got this working over the weekend, very cool!

One thing I noticed - Say I am playing some music and I have Milkdrop going over an artist slideshow, then I use the Official XBMC remote app on my iphone or ipad to queue up the next song..what happens is that Mikdrop and the Slideshow stop and the screen changes to a generic blue screen with the song title..similar to the screen that it changes to in between songs where it only shows for like 10 seconds and then Milkdrop/Slideshow kick in again. If I change artists using the wireless keyboard rather than the app, this doesn't happen.

It would be great if changes made to the playlist via the app didn't stop the Visualization and Slideshow...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2013-03-19

@pkscout - jsut a quick heads up - latest beta above seems to work ok with XSqueeze still. Anything especially important I should check/look for? Note int he end I still do the pause and wait for AS to exit on XSqueeze exit thing - I couldn't get AS to consistently not crash XBMC if I exited XSqueeze with it possible still running....

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 02:21)mondog Wrote: It would be great if changes made to the playlist via the app didn't stop the Visualization and Slideshow...

Given that its affecting the Slideshow and visualization, it sounds like an issue with your skin or remote. AS doesn't do anything but set a path to the slideshow folder.

(2013-03-19, 02:52)bossanova808 Wrote: @pkscout - jsut a quick heads up - latest beta above seems to work ok with XSqueeze still. Anything especially important I should check/look for? Note int he end I still do the pause and wait for AS to exit on XSqueeze exit thing - I couldn't get AS to consistently not crash XBMC if I exited XSqueeze with it possible still running....

As long as you're still seeing the right slideshow you should be good. I wish we had a better way for you to exit XSqueeze, but it seems like XBMC is really touchy about exiting scripts with threads hanging on. I had a similar problem with another addon I wrote and never found a better solution other than to make absolutely sure the other thread had exited before I quit.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2013-03-19

Yep, is cool - thanks for the attention. If you do ever find a better way, though, let me know Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - karsta62 - 2013-03-19

A few ideas for the "Fallback folder".

What if it could first look if there were images named close to the currently playing artist?
If not, then just show them all.

The best for me would be to be able to set it dynamically like one folder up from the currently playing song folder ("$PWD/../"). That's where i have at least one image named folder.jpg per current artist.

Though, the bikini idea is not that bad either.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 18:22)karsta62 Wrote: A few ideas for the "Fallback folder".

What if it could first look if there were images named close to the currently playing artist?
If not, then just show them all.

"close," "kind of like," "sort of similar," and the like are all exceedingly difficult to do. Fallback is just that, something to show as a last ditch effort if every other kind of match fails. If you don't want to show something generic, by default AS will show a blank screen when it fails to match.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - karsta62 - 2013-03-20

Exactly.
I didn't want to tell you what to do, because that would be arrogant, stupid and childish behavior.
I'm perfectly fine with blank or babes options as well.

"Like" I "kind of" said, just a "sort of" an idea Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-03-22

What is the best way to name a track with multiple artists?

The only way that seems to work is if i tag the artist column like this Eminem / Obie Trice / DMX / 50 Cent, the downside is then the album appears in all 4 artists folder in XBMC. Iv tried Eminem Ft. Obie Trice, DMX, 50 Cent and Eminem Feat. Obie Trice, DMX, 50 Cent as the artist tag but artist slideshow doesnt recognize them as multiple artists then only Eminem fanart appears? i love the program but im just tryna figure the best way to start tagging my music to get the full benefit of it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me some guidance, it clearly can work the way i want it i just dont want to clutter multiple artists folders with other peoples albums because they are featured on 1 song