Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-22

I just looked through the code. It looks like AS is only really able to handle one artist in the title as a featured artist. I think I can easily update it so that it will work with multiple artists in the featured section. So for right now your only choice if you want art for all the artists is to split them as you have so that XBMC splits them as well. I'll add support for multiple featured artists to the 1.5.1 beta.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-22, 02:44)pkscuot Wrote: I just looked through the code. It looks like AS is only really able to handle one artist in the title as a featured artist. I think I can easily update it so that it will work with multiple artists in the featured section. So for right now your only choice if you want art for all the artists is to split them as you have so that XBMC splits them as well. I'll add support for multiple featured artists to the 1.5.1 beta.

Ok thank you i will leave it for now, if i split them all that way (artist 1 / artist 2 / artist 3) i will probably have to go back over them again which i definitely dont want to do

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mondog - 2013-03-22

Are other people able to see the Artist Slideshow through Milkdrop?

For me, I am only able to see the slideshow through Waveform or with no Visualizer.

However, if I don't run AS but show an artists's background image, it can be seen through Milkdrop.

So, I guess my question is why can I see an artist background through Milkdrop but not an artist slideshow?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-23

Here's a new release of the 1.5.1 beta that should split multiple featured artists in the title of a song. I haven't had a chance to test it extensively, but it at least doesn't crash.

Probably the best way to do the song title is like this:

SONG TITLE (ft. ARTIST1 / ARTIST2 / ARTIST3)

It will also work without the parentheses, and I think ft. ARTIST1 ft. ARTIST2 ft. ARTIST3 will work as well.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - msfc - 2013-03-23

Can you change AS to use the Universal Artist Scraper or theaudiodb.com instead of last.fm so we have a hope of seeing complete artist bios? theaudiodb.com is one of the places UAS goes so using that is probably the better solution.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-23, 15:04)msfc Wrote: Can you change AS to use the Universal Artist Scraper or theaudiodb.com instead of last.fm so we have a hope of seeing complete artist bios? theaudiodb.com is one of the places UAS goes so using that is probably the better solution.

Yea, that's on my list. I think I'm going to try and pull the bio from the XBMC database and then maybe from an Internet source like audiodb if there is no bio locally. This won't make it into the 1.5.1 beta (and therefore won't be in the 1.5.2 production version when it ships), but I'll plan on tackling this next.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-23, 02:30)pkscuot Wrote: Here's a new release of the 1.5.1 beta that should split multiple featured artists in the title of a song. I haven't had a chance to test it extensively, but it at least doesn't crash.

Probably the best way to do the song title is like this:

It will also work without the parentheses, and I think ft. ARTIST1 ft. ARTIST2 ft. ARTIST3 will work as well.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip
Script error, no artwork displaying in fullscreen
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7804

Am now using the older version and that works fine

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-03-30

Still not working an issue with the urlresolver affected other programs might be that

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - retro83 - 2013-03-31

On my Raspberry Pi running Openelec, I've got a problem with the artist name of "Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg".
The same album successfully loads local artwork on Windows 7, but it apparently crashes on the Pi with 'plugin has failed to run'.

Is this likely to be a problem with Openelec itself or a setting which needs changing (to UTF8 perhaps?) The files play and otherwise work in XBMC okay.

Code:
16:08:24 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: invalid or missing local xml file for similar
16:08:24 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached artist similar info found
16:08:27 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: invalid or missing local xml file for albums
16:08:27 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cached artist albums info found
16:08:27 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: no remote artist artwork found, looking for local artwork
16:08:27 T:2889872480   DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = Alain Boublil & Claude-Michel Schönberg/extrafanart
16:08:27 T:2889872480   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 33: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 756, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 144, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 188, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._get_local_images()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 502, in _get_local_images
                                                files = os.listdir(self.CacheDir)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 33: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:08:27 T:3043282944   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:08:27 T:2952279136   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - command 'POLL' was not acked by the controller
16:08:27 T:2952279136   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> POLL not sent
16:08:27 T:2889872480    INFO: Python script stopped
16:08:27 T:2889872480   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2889872480 terminating
16:08:27 T:3043282944   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 2 (/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py) to stop
16:08:27 T:3043282944   DEBUG: python thread 2 (/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py) destructed

Thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - diskmemo - 2013-03-31

Hello,
i found a writing mistake in the 1.5.1 Version, in the default.py script, so i comes to a script error.
In line 498 in default.py the letter s is missing.
featured_artist='' (wrong)
must be
featured_artists='' (work for me)

greetings
Dieter

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-31, 01:35)retro83 Wrote: On my Raspberry Pi running Openelec, I've got a problem with the artist name of "Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg".
The same album successfully loads local artwork on Windows 7, but it apparently crashes on the Pi with 'plugin has failed to run'.

Is this likely to be a problem with Openelec itself or a setting which needs changing (to UTF8 perhaps?) The files play and otherwise work in XBMC okay.

I'm pretty sure I've previously tracked down all the UTF8 issues in AS. I don't have access to anything to test on Openelec (or the Rasberry Pi). If someone else could check this on Openelec then maybe we can figure out where the issue is and help get it resolved.

(2013-03-31, 12:29)diskmemo Wrote: Hello,
i found a writing mistake in the 1.5.1 Version, in the default.py script, so i comes to a script error.
In line 498 in default.py the letter s is missing.
featured_artist='' (wrong)
must be
featured_artists='' (work for me)

That wasn't the only inconsistency in that routine. I think I've got the variable name consistent now and have uploaded the changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-29, 16:58)CelticShady Wrote: Script error, no artwork displaying in fullscreen

Same problem diskmemo was seeing. The beta code has been updated on github and is available at the same URL as before.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-04-01

(2013-03-31, 21:26)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 16:58)CelticShady Wrote: Script error, no artwork displaying in fullscreen

Same problem diskmemo was seeing. The beta code has been updated on github and is available at the same URL as before.

Still gives script errors when songs are named the way you say to name them

If i play a song not named like that it works fine but as soon as i go to a song named like that there is a script error

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-01, 23:01)CelticShady Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 21:26)pkscuot Wrote:

Still gives script errors when songs are named the way you say to name them

If i play a song not named like that it works fine but as soon as i go to a song named like that there is a script error

OK, I'll have to look at it more closely and carve out some time to do some more detailed testing. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can get to it though, so in the meantime I would just go back to the production version.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - beatmasterrs - 2013-04-02

Hi,

i get the following error.

PHP Code:
14:53:01 T:2012   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents: ('artist',)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\standard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py"line 782in <module>

slideshow Main()

File "C:\Users\standard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py"line 139in __init__

if setself.ALLARTISTS ) <> setself._get_current_artist() ):

File "C:\Users\standard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow-master\default.py"line 493in _get_current_artist
                                                artists 
json.loads(response)['result']['item']['artist']

KeyError: ('artist',)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<--
14:53:02 T:5816  NOTICEThread CFileCache startauto deletefalse 

I get it on Song "DJ Project feat. Giulia - Nu" ID3 Tags are imho ok. Is there any reason or solution for this?