Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - SouthMark - 2013-04-14

Cheers will try changing the setting to local as that's where all my full size fanart actually is

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - SouthMark - 2013-04-14

Hi

Sorry to hassle you again, so I have tried changing all the settings local, remote and both but still it shows thumbnails and fanart

My setup is quite straight forward all my music is on my NAS drive and are setup this way

Music
The Cure
Extrafanart
1.jpg
2.jpg
Etc
The Cure - Greatest Hits
1.mp3
2.mp3
Etc

Artist slideshow is set to point to the music folder on my NAS drive, so I'm not sure where it's pulling the thumbnails fromHuh?? As there are no thumbnails in either of those folders

Any help with this would be really appreciated as it doesn't behave the same on my other xbmc media centre

Cheers

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pacooka - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-03, 08:29)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 04:08)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 22:51)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

It just crashed again whilst I had debug logging enabled

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9243

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate UTF encoding/decoding. The error you got will only show up if you are playing an artist with a UTF8 character in their name AND if you have debug logging enabled. I swear I thought I caught all the UTF8 encoding/decoding issues, but I'll add this to the list to fix.

Thanks Pkscuot

The artist I was playing when it crashed was Sigur Rós

Same thing with Hebrew ...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-04-16

Yea, any UTF8 characters are going to cause that error. I'm leaving tonight for a conference on the mainland, and then when I get back I'm moving into a new place. I should be able to get this addressed after that (basically by the beginning of May if all goes well). I haven't forgotten about you all, I've just ended up with a weird travel schedule for the last month.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - SouthMark - 2013-04-29

Fixed the issue, you have to mount the drive within your distro then point artist slideshow at the folder and Bingo!

Cheers

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-05-08

I seem to be having problem getting AS to work. I've set up a second PC (Eden on Windows 7) as a test platform for Frodo. I'm trying to match it to my main system (Eden) before upgrading it, so I can spot any problems that might result. At this point it's essentially the same as my main system.

I installed AS 1.4.7 and it isn't working. All settings are identical to my other machine, it just doesn't download any images for any artist. What am I missing?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-08

It would helpful to see a debug log and perhaps screenshots of your settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-05-08

I'm not sure how to run a debug log. Do I just enable debugging and run through a few songs?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - john.doe - 2013-05-11

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Can you add support for fanart.tv and/or allmusic.com. I only use 16:9 bg images and I would love to have more images for some artists in my collection.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-08, 07:01)hurricane51 Wrote: I'm not sure how to run a debug log. Do I just enable debugging and run through a few songs?

That's probably the easiest way.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-11, 13:00)john.doe Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Can you add support for fanart.tv and/or allmusic.com. I only use 16:9 bg images and I would love to have more images for some artists in my collection.

Fanart.tv requires the MusicBrainz ID for searching. MusicBrainz didn't get fully implemented in Frodo, but I think it's on track for the next major release. Until that is supported I don't want to add support for any service that required MusicBrainz IDs. I could probably figure out something to look up MusicBrainz IDs, but I think it's going to be more effort than it's worth.

I took a look at allmusic.com, and I'm not really comfortable with their licensing requirements. Specifically it looks like their database includes copyrighted images, and they require you to display a copyright message with those messages. Since the copyright display would be dependent on skin developers, I don't want to retrieve images for which I know there is a copyright holder expecting credit. The other sites used by AS are user contributed images. I know some of those images may, in fact, be copyrighted by someone else, but the usage agreement for the APIs isn't as restrictive as the allmusic.com one.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-14, 02:37)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-05-08, 07:01)hurricane51 Wrote: I'm not sure how to run a debug log. Do I just enable debugging and run through a few songs?

Sorry for the possibly obvious question, but where to I upload these files? Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 10:49)hurricane51 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 02:37)pkscuot Wrote:

Sorry for the possibly obvious question, but where to I upload these files? Thanks.

Debug files?

Paste them in to this site and then post the URL link in the forum!

http://xbmclogs.com/

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2013-05-15

Here's the debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=19234

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-08, 03:53)hurricane51 Wrote: I seem to be having problem getting AS to work. I've set up a second PC (Eden on Windows 7) as a test platform for Frodo. I'm trying to match it to my main system (Eden) before upgrading it, so I can spot any problems that might result. At this point it's essentially the same as my main system.

I installed AS 1.4.7 and it isn't working. All settings are identical to my other machine, it just doesn't download any images for any artist. What am I missing?

I looked through the debug log. I can see that AS is running properly, but XBMC isn't showing the images. I think the issue is here:

Code:
16:08:46 T:3104 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://script.artistslideshow/fanart.jpg

You're getting lots of those related to scripts and addons. I wonder if there is a permissions error or you've somehow got Eden and Frodo code intermingled.