Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - NewMedia - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 05:25)pkscuot Wrote: New Beta Available

available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.3.007
- musicbrainz lookup ignores anything after '(' in title of local song or local album
- fixed structure of musicbrainz search to produce better results
- added advanced feature to exclude files from download
- now save musicbrainz ID in memory to reduce drive reads
- additional error catching across the board
- updated cache manager to leave .nfo files intact

v.1.5.3.003 - 006
various fixes

v.1.5.3.002
- artist bio and album list now come from theaudiodb.com by default (Last.fm as fallback)
- added download of images from fanart.tv
- added download of images from theaudiodb.com

v.1.5.3.001
- added musicbrainz ID support
- rearranged settings some to make options clearer
- dropped support for htbackdrops.com (site gone)

A brief word about excluding files from download. This feature has no interface and requires that the file you want to exclude is downloaded once so that you can get the name of the file. Basically in each artist's cache directory is a file called _exclusions.nfo (or at least the directory will include it once AS displays images for the artist the first time). You add to that text file any filename in the given directory you don't want downloaded. AS will then delete the file and not download it again.

This is something I've wanted for myself so that if there are one or two artist images I don't like I can still download new images for that artist. It works fine for what I want to do, so I'm probably not going to figure out any pretty GUI way of managing the exclusion files. It will be documented in the wiki, but I won't really advertise it other than that. Consider it an Easter Egg.

Thanks, this one works like a charm. I no longer get errors even if the Art doesn't appear (so ones that do, will do, even when the song is changed after).

Edit: After a bit of fiddling, all the Art for all my artists appear Smile I'm also using MQ4 and have had the FanArt issue before but no longer occurs (though I don't think it's related to this addon).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Pienoet - 2013-06-25

thnx i try this one

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Pienoet - 2013-06-25

i get an script error again here is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y42tytjgwdrmc51/xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - maxwel - 2013-06-25

can someone help me please! since i update my Artist Slideshow to 1.5.2 is topt showing fanart background images.
Here is my logfile.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31907

Thank you already.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-20, 21:20)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 23:03)dugan26 Wrote: My exact scenario:
(only sometimes this does not happen always)

I play an album like Thirty Seconds to Mars then when i go into full screen mode and my extra fan art starts to kick in, it is another artist other than Thirty Seconds to Mars.

If i kill XBMC and restart, it fixes the problem - then a few albums later it comes back.

I'd need to see a debug log to be able to help.

I've seen similar behaviour with the Full Screen Music playback and sometimes the incorrect artist background fanart is being displayed. Not sure if this is directly related to the Artist Slideshow add-on? I am using Aeon MQ4.

From what I recall whist having the extra fanart enabled for music, and if I started playing an artist that had no extrafanart folder on the file server, the fanart background being displayed whilst in Full Screen mode was that of the last artist played and not the currently playing artist.

I just installed v.1.5.3.007 of this add-on, will try and reproduce the issue and post a log file.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 14:56)maxwel Wrote: can someone help me please! since i update my Artist Slideshow to 1.5.2 is topt showing fanart background images.
Here is my logfile.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31907

It appears the only artwork source you have enabled is htbackdrops.com, and that site went away. Technically you would have seen that issue with 1.5.0 as well, but depending on what artwork AS already had cached you might not have noticed it until after you updated to 1.5.2. I'm working on the next version of AS now, and that will include support for fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com for artwork.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 14:48)Pienoet Wrote: i get an script error again here is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y42tytjgwdrmc51/xbmc.log

It doesn't appear that you are posting a debug log. That's just a normal log with the error at the end. Please follow the instructions in my signature on how to post a debug log.

That said, I don't think you're running the most up-to-date beta, as the line number in the error does not correspond to where that call is actually made anymore. 1.5.3.007 almost definitely corrects the crash you are experiencing. Another forum user was having the same issue of the beta not updating. To fix that, they deleted any folder with artistslideshow in the name from their add-on folder, restarted XBMC, and then installed the new beta.

On Linux, your addon folder should be in ~/.xbmc/addons/ You're looking for any folder called script.artistslideshow (or any variation of that, like maybe script.artistslideshow-master).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - gregh77 - 2013-06-26

great mod, just started using XBMC a couple weeks ago! i have a question, i am trying to put multiple images of the artist playing (fan art) the song in the background, with or without the visualization on. for some reason, it is only pulling one artist no matter which song is playing from the folder. the folder isn't just one artist. its a "rock music" folder with multiple artist. kind of a favorites of the genre. not sure if its updating all of them or if its even possible. would anyone please point to the settings that would need to be setup for this? i figured i had it set right but it is only showing the one artist for everything... thanks for the help. great forum.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-26

AS attempts to download artwork for the currently playing artist. If the playing artist changes (song ends, you jump to another song, etc), it should start downloading the new artist. I have a number of playlists with different artists, and AS has always downloaded and displayed the correct artwork (if available) for the currently playing artist.

What AS won't do is download all the artwork for every artist in your playlist and then show that compiled set of artist images.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - maxwel - 2013-06-26

Thank you very much pkscout for your quick reply and for the hard work. i will wait for a next version of AS.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - gregh77 - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-26, 02:34)pkscuot Wrote: AS attempts to download artwork for the currently playing artist. If the playing artist changes (song ends, you jump to another song, etc), it should start downloading the new artist. I have a number of playlists with different artists, and AS has always downloaded and displayed the correct artwork (if available) for the currently playing artist.

What AS won't do is download all the artwork for every artist in your playlist and then show that compiled set of artist images.

thx for the fast response, how long would it normally take to download the first image of the artist currently playing? is there a way to turn off the visualization and just show the picture if i would want to do that?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - maxwel - 2013-06-26

Is this beta version also for frodo?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-26, 16:01)gregh77 Wrote: thx for the fast response, how long would it normally take to download the first image of the artist currently playing? is there a way to turn off the visualization and just show the picture if i would want to do that?

For a relatively "normal" internet connection using 1.5.2 I'd say maybe 15 - 30 seconds or so before you see the first artist picture. With 1.5.4 (when it ships) it'll take longer, as I have to get the musicbrainz id before I can get images, and the images from fanart.tv are generally higher quality and larger.

Whether or not the visualization is shown (and whether the visualization is on top of or behind the picture) depends on the skin. You'd need to find the thread for your skin in the Skin Help and Support area and ask there.

(2013-06-26, 18:23)maxwel Wrote: Is this beta version also for frodo?

Yes. There will be no further updates for the Eden version.

New Beta Available

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

v.1.5.008
Fix for the logic that removes beginning articles (like The, A, An) from artists' names before searching musicbrainz

This is actually a regression fix, as this routine used to work in earlier betas, but I broke it in 1.5.007.

I'm trying to install the beta version 1.5.3 on my xbmc frodo but i getting the version 1.5.1 back and the same setting before i had! What should I do?