Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-07-16

Hi

v.1.5.3.010 is crashing on me as soon as I start to playback music.

I uninstalled the previous version and deleted the addon and addon_data folders for it. I then installed v.1.5.3.010.

v.1.5.3.009 has been working great!

Please see log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=37356

Thanks

Code:
11:46:19 T:140046736422784   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MusicOverlay.xml) ------
11:46:19 T:140046144759552   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://WHS/Music/Talk Talk/The Party's over/cdart.png
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] script version 1.5.3.010 started
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] window id is set to 12006
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] artistfield is set to
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] titlefield is set to
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] albumfield is set to
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] mbidfield is set to
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] language = en
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] external call is set to
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] attempting to move from /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInformation
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] attempting to move from smb://WHS/Music/ to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInformation
11:46:19 T:140044924876544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'smb://WHS/Music/')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 1330, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 247, in __init__
                                                self._migrate()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 485, in _migrate
                                                self._move_info_files( self.LOCALARTISTPATH, new_loc, 'local' )
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow-master/default.py", line 442, in _move_info_files
                                                os.chdir( old_loc.decode("utf-8") )
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'smb://WHS/Music/')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:46:19 T:140046736422784   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:46:19 T:140044924876544    INFO: Python script stopped

EDIT: Also crashed again when stopping music playback.

Just rolled back to v.1.5.3.009 and it seems to be working OK again!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-07-16

Best way title songs for multi artists(more than 1 feature)?

song title (Feat. Artist 1 / Artist 2)
or
song title (Ft. Artist 1 / Artist 2)
not working

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-16

New Beta Available

v.1.5.3.011
- added check for non-existent directory during migration

Available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

@cw-kid, this should fix your issue.

(2013-07-16, 18:29)CelticShady Wrote: Best way title songs for multi artists(more than 1 feature)?

or
not working

feat. or ft. have to be lowercase (either will work once the case is corrected). If you are using 1.5.2 there is a bug that means many times the artists images won't get merged. It is fixed in the current 1.5.3 beta, and that should be released in the next few days as 1.5.4. If you're not comfortable manually installing add-ons, just wait for 1.5.4 to release.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2013-07-16

@pkscuot, error here with latest release 1.5.3.011

here my log:
http://pastebin.com/J0xmJrT7

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-16

New Beta Available

v.1.5.3.012
- adjustments to Unicode decoding during migration to avoid double decoding a string

Available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/archive/master.zip

@Wanilton, try this one and see if that fixes it. Unfortunately I can't duplicate your error here, but I *think* it might be because I was double decoding an Unicode string. Also, next time you try, could you enable debug logging? There is a debug log line I insert just before the error that might help me track this down if I didn't fix it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - CelticShady - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 18:35)pkscuot Wrote: New Beta Available

v.1.5.3.011
- added check for non-existent directory during migration

@cw-kid, this should fix your issue.

(2013-07-16, 18:29)CelticShady Wrote: Best way title songs for multi artists(more than 1 feature)?

or
not working

feat. or ft. have to be lowercase (either will work once the case is corrected). If you are using 1.5.2 there is a bug that means many times the artists images won't get merged. It is fixed in the current 1.5.3 beta, and that should be released in the next few days as 1.5.4. If you're not comfortable manually installing add-ons, just wait for 1.5.4 to release.

Thank you that worked, and it will be handier with it all being lowercase. I am comfortable installing addons, always like to use the beta versions of my favorite addons and this is definitely one of them

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-07-16

Many thanks Pkscuot will try the latest beta tomorrow and let you know! Keep up the amazing work!! Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2013-07-16

@pkscuot, error in latest release, don´t fix for me, here debug log

http://pastebin.com/3WhghuMG

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-17

New Beta Available

v.1.5.3.013
- additional changes to Unicode decoding during migration

@Wanilton, let's try this one. I tested with a local art directory name that had an extended character (an umlaut in my case) *and* an artist with an extended character in their name. This version worked for me, so I'm hoping it does for you as well. If not, I'm probably just going to just slap a try/except around it and move on with my life. Moving these .nfo files isn't really all that critical, as they'll all get recreated anyway.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2013-07-17

pkscuot, thanks, work fine now, with release 1.5.3.013. I see how files are stored in addon_data, it´s possible use name artist in folder, it´s critical, for manually edit info in xml, need look one by one, for find correct artist. I hope this make sense.

Thanks again,

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 01:12)Wanilton Wrote: pkscuot, thanks, work fine now, with release 1.5.3.013. I see how files are stored in addon_data, it´s possible use name artist in folder, it´s critical, for manually edit info in xml, need look one by one, for find correct artist. I hope this make sense.

Thanks again,

Wanilton

I think I sort of answered this in your PM, but just for completeness, here's a version of that answer.

The stuff on add_on data was never meant to be edited (with the exception now of the _exclusions.nfo file). So it uses hashes of the artist name. Anything you put in your local artist directory (images or override .nfo files) uses the artist's name specifically because you should be able to easily find and edit that stuff. So if you sent a local artist folder, then any images you want to use are stored in <path you specified>/<artist name>/extrafanart/ and any .nfo files you want to override (like bio and albums) go in <path you specified>/<artist name>/override. The wiki page has information on doing that, and it's still up-to-date and valid, even for 1.5.3.013 and on.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Wanilton - 2013-07-17

@pkscuot, thanks for info.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 04:07)pkscuot Wrote: The stuff on add_on data was never meant to be edited (with the exception now of the _exclusions.nfo file). So it uses hashes of the artist name. Anything you put in your local artist directory (images or override .nfo files) uses the artist's name specifically because you should be able to easily find and edit that stuff. So if you sent a local artist folder, then any images you want to use are stored in <path you specified>/<artist name>/extrafanart/ and any .nfo files you want to override (like bio and albums) go in <path you specified>/<artist name>/override. The wiki page has information on doing that, and it's still up-to-date and valid, even for 1.5.3.013 and on.

With this new method of storing artist nfos, wouldn't it be easier just to edit the stored nfo rather than creating an override nfo? Or maybe there is a chance of having the edits over-written perhaps? Also my usage scenario is that I have multiple XBMCs running in portable mode (except one on Android, not sure if that is an option). I use a local XBMC for testing and then deploy to the production copies (the media folders are on a NAS but so far I prefer to let each XBMC instance maintain its own db). So I am interested in being able to copy over all the AS data so as to not have to scrape from each instance. I'm not sure I see that having a local artist folder defined adds much value, except that it would use artist names instead of a hash. I suppose where I have multiple XBMC instances on a single machine I could use it to share the AS data. Interested in any setup ideas to best utilize AS (I mainly use the Ace skin to run AS in). In the past, when AS has misfired on an artist name from Last.FM I have gone in to Last.FM using the api in my browser and copy paste from the returned results into the nfos.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-18

I'm going to go with "no, it would not be easier." Wink

Mostly I think it would be very difficult to figure out if a file has been edited by the user, and the way AS works it freshens the data every couple of weeks by downloading stuff again and re-caching it. So having a truly separate local override is a reasonable way (IMHO) to allow folks to have their own artist information without having to worry about it getting over written. Plus you can store it outside the XBMC addon_data area without having to do any strange path substitutions.

The value of the local artist folder is mostly for the scenario where you have some local artwork for an artist you want to be able to use but you don't want to (or can't) upload it to fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com or last.fm. I know fanart.tv takes only really high quality stuff (I'd say about a third of what I submit gets rejected), and theaudiodb.com only allows three images per artist.

From a historical perspective, the local art stuff was all added well after AS was mature and stable. So when I took over maintenance on AS it made sense to have the two directories kept separate so that AS could continue to run as it always had for the people who didn't really want any of the new fangled options. There is a configuration option that does get you one directory (use both local and remote images). In that case all the images are stored in the local location regardless of their source, but the .nfo files are still stored in the addon_data cache folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-07-20

Thanks for the detailed response. I think I'm getting a good idea how best to use AS in my situation.

scott s.