Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - PaddyPat - 2013-07-21

could you please try to make it compatible for openelec - it doesn't work with openelec (3..0.3-3.0.6)
using raspbmc and openelec with xmbc frodo 12.2 (tryed with confluence mod - works at my pc but not at my raspbmc / openelec)
THANKS!!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-21

There is, to my knowledge, no platform specific code in Artist Slideshow, and I believe I have seen other people posting who are using raspbmc. Please post a debug log of your issue so I can look into it.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-21

New Production Release (1.5.4)

This should appear in the XBMC add-on repo in the next few days. Note that htbackdrops recently came back with a new URL (htbackdrops.org), so 1.5.4 has support for htbackdrops with the new URL.

v.1.5.4
- artist bio and album list now come from theaudiodb.com by default (Last.fm as fallback)
- added download of images from fanart.tv
- added download of images from theaudiodb.com
- added musicbrainz ID support
- updated URL for htbackdrops to htbackdrops.org
- added advanced feature to exclude files from download
- rearranged settings some to make options clearer
- set new location for .nfo files separate from image files
- added migration code to move old .nfo files to new locations and names
- updated cache manager to leave .nfo files intact
- fixed bug where cached images wouldn't be merged for featured artists
- fixed featured artist parsing
- fixed last.fm showing unexpected results
- fixed artists with unicode characters in name returning no results from Last.fm
- changed over to urllib2 for downloads
- additional error catching across the board

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-07-25

I'm having a problem (currently on 1.5.4 XBMC 12.2 using Ace skin 1.7.0). When the skin displays the artist slideshow info, it scrolls the artist bio in a panel. The bio text is being truncated. I looked at the lastfmartistbio.nfo for one of these and what is happening (ISTM) is that there are embedded links in the text and the text is being truncated when the first anchor "<a..." is encountered. Is that the fault of AS addon, the skin or XBMC do you think? If you need I could install the Confluence AS mod and check it in that.

Here is the actual text from the nfo:

Code:
<content>
            <![CDATA[        5dolls (파이브돌스) is the female sub-unit of the popular South Korean group <a href="http://www.last.fm/music/%EB%82%A8%EB%85%80%EA%B3%B5%ED%95%99" class="bbcode_artist">남녀공학</a>. The girls will be returning with the digital release of one of their tracks on February 9th 2011, followed by their official comeback on the 17th. Their title track, <a title="5dolls &ndash; 입술자국" href="http://www.last.fm/music/5dolls/_/%EC%9E%85%EC%88%A0%EC%9E%90%EA%B5%AD" class="bbcode_track">입술자국</a> (Lip Stains), was produced by <a href="http://www.last.fm/music/Brave+Brothers" class="bbcode_artist">Brave Brothers</a>, and it features a strong drum beat with an addictive synth sound. The music video was also directed by the famous CF director behind the “Anymotion” series, Cha Eun Taek featuring <a href="http://www.last.fm/music/2PM" class="bbcode_artist">2PM</a>'s former member <a href="http://www.last.fm/music/Jay+Park" class="bbcode_artist">Jay Park</a>.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/music/5dolls">Read more about 5dolls on Last.fm</a>.

User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.]]>
    </content>

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-25

(2013-07-25, 01:51)scott967 Wrote: I'm having a problem (currently on 1.5.4 XBMC 12.2 using Ace skin 1.7.0). When the skin displays the artist slideshow info, it scrolls the artist bio in a panel. The bio text is being truncated. I looked at the lastfmartistbio.nfo for one of these and what is happening (ISTM) is that there are embedded links in the text and the text is being truncated when the first anchor "<a..." is encountered. Is that the fault of AS addon, the skin or XBMC do you think? If you need I could install the Confluence AS mod and check it in that.

AS strips basically all that stuff out. The bio is likely truncated because as of February 13, 2013 last.fm truncates the bio at 300 characters and then provides a link that says "more info" (which AS also strips out). That's one of the reasons that 1.5.4 tries to get the bio from theaudiodb.com if it can.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - johnsills1 - 2013-07-25

Just installed the latest and greatest.....

When I start up my music on XBMC, the first artist displays perfectly.....scrolls through several pictures of the artist. If I click the right arrow to play the next song (random artist), the first artist image for the new artist shows for a split second, then I get a black screen for all further artists as I skip to the next song, so on and so forth.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-25

Without a debug log and some description of your setup (including which skin you are using) there isn't much help I can provide.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Hetoft - 2013-07-26

Hello pkscout

Once again, THANK you for doing this.

Two things:

1) What happened to the excellent "Display progress images during first download" option the addon once had? Can't find it anywhere in 1.5.4 and it just shows a black background now when downloading artwork.

2) How come that when I select "Use both local and remote artwork", it always waits for at least one image to be downloaded before displaying anything? Hence, it shows the black background, even which local fanart the right place (Music\Artist\extrafanart).

Best regards,
Rasmus

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-26, 18:31)Hetoft Wrote: 1) What happened to the excellent "Display progress images during first download" option the addon once had? Can't find it anywhere in 1.5.4 and it just shows a black background now when downloading artwork.

It's still there and in the same place. In the add-on settings go to ADVANCED. There is an option for DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION TYPE that should be set to CUSTOM IMAGES, then you will need to provide the path to the folder of custom images (the folder can contain just one image if you'd like). None of that code has been changed, so if you're having an issue and the settings look right, I'd need to see a debug log.

Quote:2) How come that when I select "Use both local and remote artwork", it always waits for at least one image to be downloaded before displaying anything? Hence, it shows the black background, even which local fanart the right place (Music\Artist\extrafanart).

Technically it's not waiting for the first image download to show anything, but because of some other changes that is the functional effect. Let me see if I can explain. With 1.5.4 the add-on now looks up the MusicBrainz ID for an artist so that it can get information from theaudiodb and fanart.tv. It does that before attempting to show any images. So the first time you view an artist in 1.5.4 there may be a delay before the images are shown depending on how hard it is to find the artist in Musicbrainz. After that, AS caches the MusicBrainz ID (or an empty string) locally, so you won't see that delay anymore.

I'll look to see if there is an easy way to restructure the logic to show local images if they are available, but I think the way I have things setup it would require a substantial rewrite.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - supasparky - 2013-07-27

how do i get this to display when i hit play without having to select nowplaying/fullscreen. id like it to just start on artist slide show or maybe even wait 10 seconds after any navigation?? (standard confluence skin on eden)
Or should i be getting this to run as a screensaver (if thats even possible) so instead of dimming the screen, it runs the artist slideshow as the screensaver as the music is playingHuh?

also does it download images everytime i play an artist or does it save the images in a folder for later use? ie. if every time i play pink floyd, will it go out and download pictures everytime as if starting afresh?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-27, 12:52)supasparky Wrote: how do i get this to display when i hit play without having to select nowplaying/fullscreen. id like it to just start on artist slide show or maybe even wait 10 seconds after any navigation?? (standard confluence skin on eden)

I think the only way to do that would be to either have a second plugin that runs as a service that would check to see if music is playing and tell the skin to switch to fullscreen. And I'm not even sure that's possible.

Quote:Or should i be getting this to run as a screensaver (if thats even possible) so instead of dimming the screen, it runs the artist slideshow as the screensaver as the music is playingHuh?

Screen savers are completely different animals in XBMC, so you won't be able to get Artist Slideshow to run as a screen saver.

Quote:also does it download images everytime i play an artist or does it save the images in a folder for later use? ie. if every time i play pink floyd, will it go out and download pictures everytime as if starting afresh?

Artist Slideshow caches the images locally. If you are using the default options, then those images will never be deleted. There are some options to limit the size of the cache. Check out the AS wiki page (link in my sig) for more details on that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ferent - 2013-07-30

I can't see the slideshow images. Each time I change the artist song, I obtain the next error:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40879

Do you know the reason? (I'm from spain)

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - maartenl - 2013-07-30

Script error with v1.5.4. Have reverted to v1.5.2.

01_XBMC.log

Hope this log will help to resolve the problem.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2013-07-30

Remove the log from the forum

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 21:17)maartenl Wrote: Script error with v1.5.4. Have reverted to v1.5.2.

From XBMC log:

<snip>

Hope this log will help to resolve the problem.

As Martijn has mentioned, it isn't helpful or appropriate to post logs or log snippets to the forum. Please see my signature on how to post a DEBUG log. Once you've done that I'll see what I can find.