Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - VanZan - 2013-11-09

I'm having errors since it updated and I'm using Confluence Lite. The log is moaning about "no minimum width" or something:

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'minwidth'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 1336, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 263, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 314, in _use_correct_artwork
self._start_download()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 571, in _start_download
imagelist.extend( self._get_images(source[0]) )
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py", line 875, in _get_images
self.url = self.HtbackdropsQueryURL + '&keywords=' + self.NAME.replace('&','%26').replace(' ', '+') + '&dmin_w=' + str( self.minwidth ) + '&dmin_h=' + str( self.minheight )
AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'minwidth'

Some update!!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2013-11-09

Have the same Prolem with the Skin: Confluence Customizable Mod Confused

Code:
13:40:25 T:6780   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'minwidth'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Globus2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 1336, in <module>
                                                slideshow = Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Globus2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 272, in __init__
                                                self._use_correct_artwork()
                                              File "C:\Users\Globus2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 317, in _use_correct_artwork
                                                self._start_download()
                                              File "C:\Users\Globus2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 571, in _start_download
                                                imagelist.extend( self._get_images(source[0]) )
                                              File "C:\Users\Globus2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 875, in _get_images
                                                self.url = self.HtbackdropsQueryURL + '&keywords=' + self.NAME.replace('&','%26').replace(' ', '+') + '&dmin_w=' + str( self.minwidth ) + '&dmin_h=' + str( self.minheight )
                                            AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'minwidth'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - szhqdc - 2013-11-09

I think there was an over-enthusiastic cleanup. The previous version of default.py had these lines near the top of _get_settings (around line 349)

try:
self.minwidth = int(__addon__.getSetting( "minwidth" ))
except ValueError:
self.minwidth = 0
except Exception, e:
log( 'unexpected error while parsing last.fm width setting' )
log( e )
self.minwidth = 0
try:
self.minheight = int(__addon__.getSetting( "minheight" ))
except ValueError:
self.minheight = 0
except Exception, e:
log( 'unexpected error while parsing last.fm height setting' )
log( e )
self.minheight = 0

Putting them back into 1.5.7 version fixes the problem for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - VanZan - 2013-11-09

Tried your fix mate but I'm getting an indentation error ....don't suppose you could put a link to your default.py please?

:edit: Fixed it...I was using tabs to indent whereas the author used spaces.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-08, 13:01)tuareg Wrote: On both my HTPC's Artist slideshow was perfect with MQ4 and also worked fine with MQ5 till I updated the Artist slideshow addon to 1.5.7. I rolled back the addon to 1.5.4 and artist slideshow is fine again in MQ5. The problem thus to my understanding is not with MQ5 but with the 1.5.7 update of the artist slideshow addon.

Sorry seems you were right! I must have been playing artists it had already cached images for, when playing a new artist never played previously, I too just get a black box and no slide show images with v1.5.7, both on Aeon MQ4 and MQ5.

I deployed the fix here by @szhqdc and @VanZan, by copying the default.py file in to the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow folder and now its working again OK!

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2013-11-09

Thx for the Fix VanZan Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-11-09

Apologies for introducing the crash. When I stripped out the code for last.fm, I neglected to test with htbackdrops as a source. That's completely my fault. I have corrected the issue and am putting in a pull request to get it into the XBMC repo.

In the meantime, there are three ways to temporarily fix the issue:

1- go to the settings and deselect htbackdrops as an image source

2- edit default.py in the add-on and change line 875 to:
Code:
self.url = self.HtbackdropsQueryURL + '&keywords=' + self.NAME.replace('&','%26').replace(' ', '+')

3- download the updated code from my github repo and replace the current default.py with the one from the zip file you downloaded.

Again, apologies for not testing everything thoroughly.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-09, 18:37)pkscuot Wrote: 3- download the updated code from my github repo and replace the current default.py with the one from the zip file you downloaded.

Just done this on my HTPC in the living room and rebooted, Artist SlideShow still seems to be working OK.

Many Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bullsboy - 2013-11-09

Thanks for the fix guys!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2013-11-10

THX for the new FIX pkscuot Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-11-10

Just as an update. The XBMC team was really great about quickly pulling the update into the repo, so everyone should be seeing the update later today or tomorrow I suspect.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - kees667 - 2013-11-10

Thanks for the quick suggestions, enabled htbackdrops last week and had errors today, came here to check. Really love this plugin!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-17

Hi Pkscuot

Any ideas why the Artist SlideShow add-on might be picking up incorrect artists from HTBackDrops as I described here?

And a separate issue, I wasn't sure if my local fanart was being picked up by the Artist SlideShow either?

Many thanks

P.S The Artist SlideShow looks awesome in the new Aeon MQ5 full screen Mosaic slideshow + viewing.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 14:43)cw-kid Wrote: Any ideas why the Artist SlideShow add-on might be picking up incorrect artists from HTBackDrops

htbackdrops uses a name based searching mechanism, so every once in while you will get images for the wrong artist. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about that (at least as far as I can tell).

Quote:And I wasn't sure if my local fanart was being picked up by the Artist SlideShow either?

I'd suggest setting AS to use local images first and then turn off all the download sites. Start with a clean AS cache folder and then play an artist you know has local images and see what happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-17, 18:55)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 14:43)cw-kid Wrote: Any ideas why the Artist SlideShow add-on might be picking up incorrect artists from HTBackDrops

htbackdrops uses a name based searching mechanism, so every once in while you will get images for the wrong artist. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about that (at least as far as I can tell).

Quote:And I wasn't sure if my local fanart was being picked up by the Artist SlideShow either?

I'd suggest setting AS to use local images first and then turn off all the download sites. Start with a clean AS cache folder and then play an artist you know has local images and see what happens.

Hi

OK I did as you suggested, I changed the setting to "Use local images first" and unselected all the download fanart websites, I then deleted all the sub folders from .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow and from .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInformation and then rebooted.

I then proceeded to play an artist I know has a "local" extrafanart folder with some images in there. The path being on the file server \\WHS\Music\Grimes\extrafanart

Whilst playing this artist the Artist SlideShow was then black / empty displaying no images at all.

I then changed the setting to be "Use remote images first" and selected the download fanart websites apart from HTBackdrops this time and rebooted again, now when playing this artist images are displayed in the SlideShow. Remote images from the download fanart websites.

So as I suggested it doesn't seem to want to use local files. Local being artwork files on my file server. I have set the path to the root music folder in the AS settings as SMB://WHS/Music etc.

Many thanks